View Full Version : How bout some neighborly advice

Billybob
07-15-2003, 08:04 AM
O.K you Rhody guys, it's time for my annual vacation/invasion of Charlestown with the boat and family and a ton of kids in tow.I'll be up there next week.
Wondering if any of you guys would care to point me in the right direction for fluke & stripers in that area.I've got my reputation at stake with all my kid's friends :D .
Of course, I'm not asking for spots but then again I'll only be there for a week, so how much damage could I do :p
Anyway, if you have any advice I'd appreciate it.
I can't wait
:happy:
Bill

Mr. Sandman
07-15-2003, 08:37 AM
For fluke head to nebraska shoals area right off chalrestown...squid and sand eels will get you conntected...look for the fleet. (You will probably get some nice seabass too.)

The Bass bite is slowing down but there are still a lot of fish around. Watch hill in the am would be worth while. If you are serious about bass, head to deeper waters around BI and troll with parachute jigs deep.

got young kids....the scup action will keep them happy :-)

good luck

07-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Head out the breachway bang a left and look for a group of boats in 40-60' of water for the Fluke, for bass drift some eels in front of the breachway or troll them along either side of the beaches.

Bill L
07-15-2003, 07:37 PM
If you come out of Point Judith Pond for fluke, you can pretty much fish anywhere off Matunuck from the west gap of the Harbor of Refuge to the Nebraska Shoal marker to the west -- 30 to 50 feet of water is usually good. You can also head straight out of the gap towards BI, watch out for the ferries. Scup and Sea Bass are all over too, kids should have fun.

Billybob
07-16-2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys, should keep me busy.Looks like it's gonna be me & the wife, 8 high school senior boys, and 2 thirteen year old boys.That poor woman, huh.Should have some killer volleyball games though.And they want to go tubing off my Seacraft
:smash:
Thankfully, not all of them are into fishing.I think some are more into going to the beach and checking out the girls.
Lock up your daughters, lock up your wives, lock up your back door, run for your lives :D
I'll need a vacation after my vacation :)
Thanks, and see ya.
Bill