View Full Version : FREE Pencil Plug bodies, kids project

chefchris401
03-13-2015, 06:26 PM
I have (18) 7" and (16) 6" unfinished wood pencil/needlefish bodies that Id like to donate to either boy scouts, camp or someone local with kids.

they would just need screw eyes and paint.

THEY ARE NOT THRU DRILLED.

would make a nice father/son/family project.

I originally bought these to make some hand carves or small floating needle/spooks for schoolies but never got around to it.

Let me know who wants em.

can send em to two people, half of each size.

Thanks

Chef

Slipknot
03-13-2015, 07:39 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=88005

maybe Old Goat's girls can use them before he runs out of chair legs ;)

nice offer chris

ivanputski
03-13-2015, 08:05 PM
My fishaholic 5 (almost 6) year old loves surfcasting, tinkering, and we even built a plug together out of a wooden dowel last summer. All his idea. He cut, sanded, painted. He begs to make more, but im no plug builder. No lathe, and only so many broom handles we can cut the end off of.
I will stand at the back of the line, and give someone with older kids a shot first. Or if you decide a further split, i would love to take just a couple to feed his enthusiasm and build something together that he can fish in the summer ( he has a MEAN cast for a 5 year old. No joke!.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

chefchris401
03-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Pete if you'd like a few send me your addy and I'll send some bodies, probably even have a few plug kits or half finished stuff kicking around

ivanputski
03-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks so much chris! I really appreciate it, and trust me these will be put to use by him. He is old for his years. I will send you my address.
Thanks again for your generosity.

JohnR
03-14-2015, 04:11 AM
Cool ;)

tinyboatbigfish
03-16-2015, 05:42 PM
If any left my son would love some

Green Light
03-16-2015, 08:09 PM
Chris,

If you have some left, we could certainly use them for our growing Junior's Program at the Plum Island Surfcasters. ;-)