View Full Version : RECOMENDATION FOR NEWSURF TOP

dannyplug1
03-13-2015, 07:22 PM
I need to replace my light surf top. I have gone through two of the aqua skins BAYMAN tops. There nice tops light with gaskets at the wrists but they don't wear well. Any one out there have suggestions for a light top that I can wear Under waders? It should be fairly light have gaskets at thee wrists and not at the neck. I have a storm but it's too heavy for waders in the summer and on a boat. Thanks Charlie

Headhunter
03-14-2015, 10:18 AM
I have been running Immersion Research Kayak tops for years with my wetsuit (the x jacket which is no longer available) their top of the line tops are great. Totally awesome.
I think I am going to try the DRyFt Jacket out this year for waders instead of the light weight IR Jacket they look pretty darn good all around.

RIROCKHOUND
03-14-2015, 11:22 AM
I need to replace my light surf top. I have gone through two of the aqua skins BAYMAN tops. There nice tops light with gaskets at the wrists but they don't wear well. Any one out there have suggestions for a light top that I can wear Under waders? It should be fairly light have gaskets at thee wrists and not at the neck. I have a storm but it's too heavy for waders in the summer and on a boat. Thanks Charlie

You wear it over your waders, with a belt, right? Under your waders is a recipe for disaster.... :smash:

For a lighter top, I actually bought a gill sailing top @ Defender warehouse sale a couple of years ago, not 100% 'dry' but as a wind break over my waders it is great as well as warm weather wading, and I can through a slicker on over it if I'm wading, it's cold and I'm getting drenched....

bassballer
03-16-2015, 02:33 PM
ive always used NRS kayak tops. Good quality and hold up.

MAKAI
03-16-2015, 04:57 PM
I use the Petrus jacket by Grundens when it's warm and the Guy Cotton surf top when it ain't.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fatcow
03-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Guy Cotten is coming out with a new light weight surf top in May. same specs as other surf top but light weight material. i will be adding one to my list

wdmso
03-17-2015, 04:12 AM
NRS kayak tops. would be my 1st choice if in a boat with out the sealed cuffs they suck if your wading and need to reach in the water . I have a storm jacket for cooler nights or rain it doesn't breath and walking any distance you'll overheat quickly.
My AquaSkinz Raptor Dry Top is the best all around one I have but it's lost it water proofing its several years old

Clogston29
03-17-2015, 05:46 AM
I like Kokatat
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device