View Full Version : HOP NOSH: UINTA BREWING CO

Linesider82
03-20-2015, 12:26 AM
I visited Salt Lake City UT in 2009, it was funny going into a "package store" to find out that all the beer had to be under a certain % alc./vol content (or some strange rule to that nature). Kind of a "Where is the good stuff?" moment.

The local breweries and restaurants on the other hand had an excellent small brew selection.... and they can evidently can sell / export the good stuff. The Hop Nosh comes in at 7.3% and it is a smooth IPA stuffed into a yellow can pictured with a wooden harvest trailer, along with a pair of farmers unloading hops from the trailer. A printed compass adorns the top of the can, nice touch. The beer itself is straight forward and refreshing, I can see drinking this in the dead of the hottest summer / early fall days. I'll be on the look out for this beer again. I'll give it a 4.2/5 for being smooth, refreshing, moderate taste, and a soft piney / mixed with grapefruit and subtle pineapple finish.

I picture a footlong grilled hummel dog, deep fried clam strips, cole slaw and hop nosh sitting outside an island house to be a nice day.

The Dad Fisherman
03-20-2015, 05:47 AM
Its readily available up around my neck of the woods....

Nebe
03-20-2015, 07:36 AM
One of my favorites... The Mews always has it on tap.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Linesider82
03-21-2015, 09:51 PM
I think you guys are right it does seem to be more readily available than I originally thought. Maybe I've just blindly been reaching for sea hag and had quit testing new brews. Glad I woke up and tried it!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device