View Full Version : Wood supply idea

stripermaineiac
03-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Went into one of those RE Stores the other day. Found a bundle of mahogany fennel stock at 1 dollar a peice. Right next to it another of red cedar for 75 cents each. This stuff is all 6/4 stock. Perfect for turning blanks an can't beat the price. Those stores are all over the place. :sled:

pbadad
03-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Ron nice find. Great for needles and darters. I have a bunch of mahogany ripped from furniture. Hard stuff but turns beautiful. Did some desk top pen holders out of the mahogany. Beautiful reddish tone. Have another type which was darker and heavy and some billets which feel like saple , lighter weight than my other mahogany but it's mahogany. I'm doing ship wheels handles for a customer. He supplied the round mahogany billets. I questioned the type of wood because of it's different color and weight. What is a RE store?

stripermaineiac
03-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Its like a goodwill but with building supplies. RESTORE is where you find it on line. i think it's a part of Habitat for Humanity but I'm not sure. They're all over the place.

Jackbass
05-08-2015, 05:04 AM
I have one ten minutes from my house the place is a goldmine
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

stripermaineiac
05-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Just went into one the otherday an found a load of cedar ballister stock. 41 in by6/4 square. 2 bucks a peice. because i bought it all got it for 1.50 each. Found a load of 6/4 mahogany at another one. Same price. amazing places to check out. i found them doin some home repair projects.