View Full Version : SPLASHED ><><

Clammer
04-07-2015, 11:37 AM
APRIL 7TH , 2015 ,

SHE IS IN & READY TO GO TO WORK .BUT I WILL SAY WITH THAT LIGHT N/E BREEZE THIS MORNING IT IS STILL RAW

buckman
04-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Nobody cares Mike . This is a shore guys site 😊
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRBuzz
04-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Going to try Sunday for a trial run!

Shore fish don't count :)

Clammer
04-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Buck , it sure was when I got on this site ....................but if you take all the members that were surf fishmen that now have boats or retired from lack of catching>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>or yaks ........yes they are a boat >>>>>I think boss mans percentages are not what he thinks ,,. lurkers don,t count .,.,:agree:

buckman
04-07-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm busting Mike . I'm jelous , my boats a few weeks away although there isn't much to catch . We had Pollock and maybe the occasional porbeagle but they just closed porbeagle.

Nebe
04-07-2015, 01:05 PM
The hunt is on !

paradoxjim
04-07-2015, 01:07 PM
The boat looks good, but she looks a little lonely there all by herself!

bassballer
04-07-2015, 01:22 PM
your more of a man than me. Ill be in first week of May.

Clammer
04-07-2015, 01:35 PM
I know Buck ........ But the slide has dipped to the boaters side ><<>LOL:jester:

Might take a few trips looking for fun with schoolies , But that doesn,t hold much promise .:faga:

I,ll be digging every chance I get ....... at this age , it knocks the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of me . bUT I love doing it / carrying them has been the problem the last few years :huh::huh:

Guppy
04-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Nice going,,, I'm a little late this year, another week should do it.
Have fun :bounce:

Raider Ronnie
04-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Ive got started a few weeks ago getting mine ready.
Removed all old electronics, filled all holes on dash and been getting ready to re-gelcoat dash for new electronics going in.
Went out to shelter tonight, turned on all lights and air to do some sanding in prep for gelcoat.
Cold and damp as hell outside !!!
Shut everything off and went in house & took a shower, done for the day !
It can wait till it warms up.
Besides, no cod fishing, whats the point in hurrying ???
Cold winter it's going to be a late start to the season anyway !

thefishingfreak
04-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Not even motivated yet. Got a bunch of stuff to get done though. Blahhh.
My back can't take the cold and dampness

Raider Ronnie
04-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Not even motivated yet. Got a bunch of stuff to get done though. Blahhh.
My back can't take the cold and dampness

More time to give thought for best release methods.

Raven
04-08-2015, 04:37 AM
last fall, i stupidly stuck my shovels into the garden bed
and they've been stuck there ever since.... frozen.
maybe this friday when it's raining "warm rain" (they say)
and its 65 degree's.... it'll thaw out enough to pull them out.
that will be my first day of spring despite what the chirping robins
have to say.

Raven
04-08-2015, 04:39 AM
Nice to see the GOOD Clam ship
ready for action

Got Stripers
04-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Mike,

Good for you, I'm planning on pulling the shrink wrap Saturday and getting the bearings done, then it's a 2 hour job to load her up and get the canvass on. Looks like we are finally going to get some warmer weather, still too cold for this old fart.

piemma
04-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Not this year. Last year I was in April 3rd. Only boat in my marina and then it snowed on it. Every time I went out in April I froze my A$$ off so this year I'll be in the first week in May.

fish4striper
04-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Not this year. Last year I was in April 3rd. Only boat in my marina and then it snowed on it. Every time I went out in April I froze my A$$ off so this year I'll be in the first week in May.

With cod closed, there's no decent fishing till May so I'm done going in April myself.

Clammer
04-08-2015, 12:52 PM
I,m not in to fish .......... 1st trip to the fish dealer was 05/20/14 last year ..& if the weather keeps up like this it could be June .:smokin:

hoping to get some early orders / shellfish are like F/W fish .....taste much better in the real cold weather :huh:

Sea Dangles
04-08-2015, 01:36 PM
I haven't seen my boat since Thanksgiving. Wax on/off will begin after April vacation trip to Turks. Seeing Clammers boat reminded me I need to go get some oysters!

Raven
04-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Every time I went out in April I froze my A$$ off so this year I'll be in the first week in May.

mighty cold yet .... 1 inch of snow this morning

JFigliuolo
04-09-2015, 07:18 AM
Damn! I've been getting the boat ready and thinking to myself "I wonder when Clammer puts in?"

I'm thinking another 3-4 weeks for me. Engine maintenance almost done, then it's just clean-up work.

piemma
04-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Damn! I've been getting the boat ready and thinking to myself "I wonder when Clammer puts in?"

I'm thinking another 3-4 weeks for me. Engine maintenance almost done, then it's just clean-up work.

I agree Joe. may 1st or there abouts.

Clammer
04-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Clean it to dirty it makes no FF u ckin sense <><

JF you spend more time cleaning , than fishing :agree:

Just came back from the marina . R A W :smash: there was one boat in went I went in Tuesday .today .. a full size cabin crusiers is in .

the guy next to me that stole that regulator is in & Teddy,s in he just had double knee surgery 5 weeks ago ,,,,,,,,, the image of hard core >><><:walk:

JohnR
04-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Wow.

Guppy
04-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Just came back from the marina . & Teddy,s in he just had double knee surgery 5 weeks ago ,,,,,,,,, the image of hard core >><><:walk:

hard core? freaken superman!!!! more power to the man

Got Stripers
04-09-2015, 03:27 PM
That is hard core, must have been a half price dunkin donuts sale on the other side of the bay! Cold and sun I can deal with, cold raw rainy windy days are in my past.

piemma
04-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Clean it to dirty it makes no FF u ckin sense <><

JF you spend more time cleaning , than fishing :agree:

Just came back from the marina . R A W :smash: there was one boat in went I went in Tuesday .today .. a full size cabin crusiers is in .

the guy next to me that stole that regulator is in & Teddy,s in he just had double knee surgery 5 weeks ago ,,,,,,,,, the image of hard core >><><:walk:

Teddy always was hardcore. I was at my marina this Noon and no one is in except the guys who stayed in all winter. Haven't seen #^&#^&#^&#^&ey Lafave either. Is he OK, Mike?

Clammer
04-09-2015, 03:56 PM
more like a #$%^&*() animal

heard this a few times over the years on the water ....... that he was good enough to play pro hockey ... I know he coached .....sure is big enough ............. But like toooooo many of us settled for a life on the water ......... But no matters what he did on the water .. his level was always 20ft higher than the 2nd place guy .

Raven
04-09-2015, 05:17 PM
you need some GO Pro cams on yer boat
i'm sure the video's would go VIRAL

Clammer
04-09-2015, 06:57 PM
SD Thanks to the farms we can,t even get rid of oysters /

the farms down south killed the price of little necks & don,t last as long or taste as good as ours .

thanks to all the oyster farms in RI & 2 more just got approved & two more got the ok to expand .not only are oysters withless to us ............ some of the farms are in digging & fishing spots .......... But that,s the Ocean state :sleeps:

zacs
04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
why are oysters worthless? You should be able to get what the farms get, no? .40-.50 per oyster?

Clammer
04-10-2015, 09:16 AM
no,, because ours are wild . they may have more meat & taste as good but they all don,t have the perfect shape & people @ sh#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g bars ... they what to see the shucker opening the perfect shaped oyster .
there are a few guys around that have found a small market that will take just so much @ a time , But couldn,t handle a bunch of guys coming in with product ><>:drool:

piemma
04-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Dave's Market this morning. Beavertail Oysters 6 for $5.99.

WOW! $1.00 in a market!

Clammer
04-11-2015, 01:42 PM
well 2015 has brought business as usual ............... SW then W then NW >>>>>>>>> screaming :huh:

Bilge pump works .pleanty of incoming sea on the way back ................... enough :wave:

That no matter what tomorrows weather is ...........Out to breakfast .then.. G/S soccer game in Charleston ......... then ride the beaches ><><>:eyes:

blue oyster
04-11-2015, 05:55 PM
my trailer is still in snow , it will be a while, at least I hope to uncover and start getting ready next weekend

Duke41
04-14-2015, 07:48 AM
I want to point out that even with a small bay boat mike has radar. Radar is more important than a gps. If you are going to fish at night or in fog invest in it. A gps is not radar. Don't bet your life on it.

bassballer
04-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Dave's Market this morning. Beavertail Oysters 6 for $5.99.

WOW! $1.00 in a market!

those beavertails were the best oysters i had last year. very good.