View Full Version : Fore River Bait and Tackle, Quincy

Captain Jason Colby
04-21-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm sad to report the death of Rick, the owner of Fore River Bait and Tackle. The Quincy police said they found him about 8am and it appears to be "non suspicious". No other information is available at this time....JC

BigFish
04-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Sad news. Rick was a first rate guy. Gone too soon. RIP Rick.

JohnR
04-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Wow. I did not know he was still around.

hardcore from shore
04-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Always willing to give advice about where the fish were. Always a good supporter of MSBA too.

hq2
04-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Yeah, he was a great guy. Was looking forward to asking his advice about flounder fishing this weekend. Always answered the phone, always helpful, always wanted to help put you on fish. Haven't forgot
asking his advice a few years ago, when he sent me out on my all time hahbah kayak trip. Will truly be missed.

Necker1
04-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Always enjoyed gabbing with him and listening to his stories of his travels and adventures in Southeast Asia. He always gave good information to people new to fishing or new to the area, as well as the rest of us. A great shock. RIP my friend.

onsetangler
04-23-2015, 09:31 AM
Very sad to hear. Would always get my shrimp from him for smelt. He'd always do his best to steer me in the right direction since the smelt haven't been to easy to come by. He was a unique guy and will be missed. RIP
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

blue oyster
04-23-2015, 04:44 PM
r.i.p. he was a great help when I first started boat fishing , he will be missed

jredfly
04-24-2015, 07:21 AM
Really sorry to hear this, Rick was a great guy. He was always great to my kids when I took them into his shop. He had some great stories and was always very helpful to everyone. The whole South Shore will miss him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.