View Full Version : BigFish and Slingah O'fer

BigFish
07-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Fished the Race with Slingah last night with slimey's. We both were skunked bigtime. Could not have been better conditions, all we needed for a successful night of fishing was fish. Had a couple eels bit in half by blues, and one little bump in Hatches as it dumped this morning. DONUT.:doh: 12 hours fishing....need sleep.:sleeps:

FishChick
07-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Oh, that's too bad :bc: I think you needed your FishChick with you for good luck :yak6:

Maybe next time :wavey:

Bonefish
07-17-2003, 01:48 PM
BigFish,

The MSBA tourney is over...Didn't you learn a lesson with me and John R that weekend. Same conditions same outcome. :D :smash: I'm thinking of going out Friday night or Sunday..You have any plans?

Slingah
07-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Long slow night,but still fun.Just woke up, Eagles Tuesday nite work Weds. then allnite last nite w/ that drive but still worth every sleepless minute.
Hey Bonefish conditions were a little different.But still different results.Didn't I walk by you the night of the tourney?I didn't get skunked that night.You never know when your gonna get large. This year and years past all my large were caught by puttin time in. Different conditions, different months.Like some on this board says You can't catch fish if your line ain't wet.
It sure seemed right cool,dark,overcast,structure,many hours,good eels,no weed/mung,just didnt happen,maybe next time.
Had a great time,BigOne was all rigged up for us Cokes,food,ice(just incase)you name it.Thanks BigFish.By the way just found out plans changed for the weekend so I might do some more fishing this weekend.P.m or call if your up for some local nite time stuff.

Jenn
07-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Oh, that's too bad I think you needed your FishChick with you for good luck

for shame! thirty lashes with a wet noodle...oh never mind....being skunked was punishment enough....next time you'd better bring her!!!;) :D

(we girlie types have to stick up for each other you know....):D

BigFish
07-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Trust me Jenn, FishChick goes fishing plenty. She is well taken care of, and she can fish her butt off.:uhuh: Good time though Slingah, we will do it again soon. I would fish with you anytime. You are diehard. What a beauty of a nite though.

Bonefish
07-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Slingah,

It was a very nice fish you had that night. I was just joking about learning a lesson. I have been back to the cape about 7 or 8 times since that night and have had up and down nights. Maybe it's me but it just seems a little slow out there right now. But I agree with you, You need to have your line in the water to catch anything. I'm hoping that all the work I'm putting in now will pay off big time very soon. Let me know if you want to hit the beach some night. My schedule is pretty flexible and I'm always up for some fish. Keep up the good work guy's.

BigFish
07-18-2003, 12:28 PM
BoneFish, thanks for the invite but I am tied up this weekend, however we will get out together in the next couple weeks. I would like to get a bunch of guys together later in the fall and do some fishing together. I will keep you posted.:wave:

Slingah
07-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Bonefish,
I thought you were kidding but sometimes hard to tell when you read some of these things because you can't see the person.
I'm always looking to meet up with some one and have a flexable schedule as well, self-employment is great for a striper freak.
It has been so slow lately, every surf guy I talk to say the same things.No bait around for one thing.
BigFish,
You all rested-up?
I slept for hours.
Gettin' Itchy Again.

BigFish
07-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Donuts anyone?:laugha: :hihi: :jester: :fishslap:

Slingah
07-18-2003, 03:13 PM
I stopped at my favorite donut place on the way home that morning. Fairview I think is the name in Eastham. The best down there.Gotta get em' early, crispy and warm, mmmmmm.

BigFish
07-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Slingah...did'nt you have enough donuts whil we were fishing.:bc:

Slingah
07-18-2003, 04:10 PM
real homemade fried donuts good....Dunkin Dognuts not so good..
fishey donuts BAD!!!!!:af:

Bonefish
07-19-2003, 12:40 AM
As the infamous Ty Webb would say " A donut without a hole is a danish!"