View Full Version : Yeah, yeah!!!

The Surf Cowboy
03-22-2000, 10:18 PM
John, Finally a MA based interactive site!! I'll be shutting the computer down for the season soon but probably not until June when there will be no spare time whatsoever. I'm pretty fired up about this season. As you may know I joined MSBA a couple months ago and plan to partake more once things turn on. Planning on West Wall next Mon/ Tue afternoons depending on weather. I will be at the show with my dad on Sat and working at it on Sun. Can't wait to see some of you guys. This will be a hot season!! I have some serious positive vibrations, jah!! Keep it reel and hang tight, here she comes.

Quick question? How would one aquire a Nauset sticker? How much, where and what do I need for jah Jeep? Like I said I can't wait to see you guys!!

Dave Breslin, Jr.

Mike P aka "DJ"
03-22-2000, 11:31 PM
Dave, jah need all the usual equipment and close to a "buck-and-a-half" I think the O-S sticker goes for $140 or something like that--a big hit for me nowadays to use maybe 5 times a year. Specifically, you need a jack and a jack support (12"x12" piece of 5/8" or thicker plywood), a full spare, tow rope/chain/strap, shovel equal in size to military entrenching tool or better, and a low-pressure tire gauge reading down to 5 psi in 1 pound increments--did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, I think they want you to have a tide chart, too. The stock tires on your Jeep will meet the minimum size regs, whatever they are. I believe you still have to log on and log off the beach, and once you leave you have to stay away a minimum of 6 hours with the O-S permit. Max stay is 24 hours. Watch out for a Chatham cop named Love---he's a Lieutenant now and a legendary chop-buster.

The trail between the guard house and Pochet (gate #1) can flood during a moon tide. For some reason, the area in front of and just to the north of gate #3 usually produces.

Mike P aka "DJ"
03-22-2000, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah, jah buy the sticker in the Administration Building at the beach--you have to watch about a 10 minute film first.

JohnR
03-22-2000, 11:59 PM
<b><font color="cc0000">
Cowboy...WHHAAAAAAAZZZZUUPPPP!! Nice to see your alive! Chuck said you joined the club but we aint seen ya...

I think the permit from Race to Truro is only $60-80. I'll find out soon because I'm going down to get one when they open. Several of us are getting that permit. I don't know about Nauset yet but if costly, a couple of us will pitch in...er,uhh?? Business Expense...
See you at the show...
</b>