View Full Version : Sandy Pt. Portsmouth

Buzz-erd
07-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Just moved from the north end of Portsmouth down to the Sandy Pt. area and have been hitting the beach and surrounding area
with minimal results. Haven't been in about 10 days or so.Been throwing all the usual plugs,but not much happening.
Anybody here been fishing the area?Any luck?Talk to me.

Clammer
07-18-2003, 08:42 PM
BEEn awhile dude , but I use to do good on hickery shad & schoolies on the fly rod about this time of year
I would think eels on the drop would be good there//////////

redcrbbr
07-18-2003, 10:00 PM
WOW!! sandy point...now theres a blast from the past. used to go there when melville was too stupid.

bloocrab
07-19-2003, 10:48 AM
You want to fish a dropping tide from the tip of the jetty. You can catch some bait right there. :) That spot used to produce anytime of the day...nice bank there - with moving water. Don't be afraid to cast parallel to the beach and retrieve your offering along the edge. The fish are sometimes sitting right on that edge.

If that doesn't do ya, put on your walking shoes and go trespass on the dock. Nice place to work some eels....just make sure you plan your landing technique before it happens. ... and shhhhhhhhh....don't make any noise out there, unless you want company.

There are no fish to the right of the jetty so don't bother walking down that way...:faga: :happy: ;)

Buzz-erd
07-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys.Did much better lastnite,tho no keepers.Bucktail jig did the trick for about 1/2 doz 20-22 inchers and a small fluke.
Will try some eels tonite maybe,time always being a problem these days.
Red,talk about a blast from the past.Melville.Many good memories
fishing with my dad there when he still fished.
Bloo,got all my fish on or around the jetty.Lets see how many people will be fishing the jetty tonite.As far as fishing off the Glen pier goes,the hordes of non english speaking fisherman have ruined it for those of us who had permission to fish there.The garbage and other unmentionables is what did it.To bad.

blackeye
07-19-2003, 02:03 PM
ever try fogland?