View Full Version : poaching on the cape ?

blue oyster
05-27-2015, 05:17 PM
just caught the tale end of news cast last night and it said evo cops caught poachers , looked like seabass in the picture anyone see story , is there a newspaper report?

Sea of Atlas
05-27-2015, 05:35 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/26/cape-cod-boater-charged-with-oui-illegally-catching-over-100-fish/

BOURNE (CBS) – A Cape Cod boater was arrested on Memorial Day, charged with operating under the influence and catching an illegal number of sea bass.

A Massachusetts Environmental Police patrol boat was inspecting a recreational fishing boat in Buzzards Bay near the entrance to the Cape Cod Canal on Monday around 6 p.m.

The officer noticed a large number of black sea bass in coolers. The legal number of black sea bass each person can catch is eight.

PRBuzz
05-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Charter boat out of New Bedford nailed today by the EPO

Guppy
05-27-2015, 07:03 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/26/cape-cod-boater-charged-with-oui-illegally-catching-over-100-fish/

BOURNE (CBS) – A Cape Cod boater was arrested on Memorial Day, charged with operating under the influence and catching an illegal number of sea bass.

A Massachusetts Environmental Police patrol boat was inspecting a recreational fishing boat in Buzzards Bay near the entrance to the Cape Cod Canal on Monday around 6 p.m.

The officer noticed a large number of black sea bass in coolers. The legal number of black sea bass each person can catch is eight.

Geeees
How about this rocket scientist
http://www.capecodtoday.com/article/2015/05/19/224466-Charter-boat-operator-busted-Buzzards-Bay

seadogg
05-27-2015, 09:03 PM
I have no respect for dirtbags like these. The rules are in place for all of us to follow. These jagoffs just don't see the big picture. Hopefully these recent busts light a fire under the authorities' asses. Buzz, do you know the name of the boat??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Surfcastinglife
05-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Why no identity on the capt of the charter? seems to me pertinent information when the guy is doing business with general public

DZ
05-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Why no identity on the capt of the charter? seems to me pertinent information when the guy is doing business with general public

I saw a one report on the incident that mentioned it was an "out of state" charter boat - but no mention of which boat. Most likely RI I would think?

bobber
05-28-2015, 06:46 PM
gotta love the list of violations that guy wracked up.....

WAYY over the legal fish limit
intoxicated
no registration
captains licnese EXPIRED 7 YEARS AGO
falsified the reg numbers....

they shoulda taken all his gear and impounded the boat

you know- since he is a "captain" and all......

Liv2Fish
05-28-2015, 06:56 PM
gotta love the list of violations that guy wracked up.....

WAYY over the legal fish limit
intoxicated
no registration
captains licnese EXPIRED 7 YEARS AGO
falsified the reg numbers....

they shoulda taken all his gear and impounded the boat

you know- since he is a "captain" and all......

He'll be lucky if they don't. I went to upper cape voc and took marine service. We used to maintain a few of the EPOs under cover boats. These were boats that were confiscated. One was a 26' center console with twin outboards and was confiscated for second offense with short lobsters.

Raven
05-29-2015, 05:05 AM
what does the epo do with the 100 fish
"freeze them for evidence" :huh:

it would seem like a look at the Captain's "list"
of previous years and 2015 compared
might be a good lead.

Swimmer
05-29-2015, 05:45 PM
He'll be lucky if they don't. I went to upper cape voc and took marine service. We used to maintain a few of the EPOs under cover boats. These were boats that were confiscated. One was a 26' center console with twin outboards and was confiscated for second offense with short lobsters.

EPO's confiscated all gear and three boats in the last week, including tu one in this story

Green Light
05-30-2015, 05:29 AM
I think Dante's Inferno has a special circle of hell for poachers.

bobber
05-30-2015, 01:23 PM
EPO's confiscated all gear and three boats in the last week, including tu one in this story

good- couldn't happen to a nicer guy....

if he had paying fares on board while doing all this crap I'm gonna puke

chris L
06-01-2015, 12:58 PM
The Captains name and boat name should be plastered all over the news . Get this guy out of business or less of
. He gives a bad name to all Captains out there .

I know I would never charter a boat with a Captain that doesn't follow the rules of fishing .

Rob Rockcrawler
06-01-2015, 04:57 PM
I am surprised his name has not come out yet.