View Full Version : Chafee

JohnR
06-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Please, God, no. We already know he has poor advisers if they told him he has a chance.

:bshake::jester::laugha::cens::rotflmao:

Nebe
06-03-2015, 09:12 PM
As a democrat? Wasn't he a republican senator?
the media will destroy him over the holiday tree story. It's all they have on him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
06-03-2015, 09:32 PM
As a democrat? Wasn't he a republican senator?
the media will destroy him over the holiday tree story. It's all they have on him.

The guy was not fit to run a state - he cannot run the country.

Not impressed with anyone yet.

Raven
06-04-2015, 04:41 AM
Graham has never lost....
but yeah, i hear ya.... Sad to say
no one is exciting.... thus far....

need someone (a MALE) that is very
Presidential that can Rally Americans

Jim in CT
06-04-2015, 05:40 AM
The guy was not fit to run a state - he cannot run the country.

Not impressed with anyone yet.

To me, Scott Walker is pretty impressive. Not the greatest public speaker, no one is going to faint at a Scott Walker speech, except maybe the President of the Teamsters...but he has a very impressive track record.

JohnR
06-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Graham has never lost....
but yeah, i hear ya.... Sad to say
no one is exciting.... thus far....

need someone (a MALE) that is very
Presidential that can Rally Americans

Graham looses this time - he is not much better than Chafee

To me, Scott Walker is pretty impressive. Not the greatest public speaker, no one is going to faint at a Scott Walker speech, except maybe the President of the Teamsters...but he has a very impressive track record.

Walker is on my limited shortlist

Jim in CT
06-04-2015, 07:29 AM
Graham looses this time - he is not much better than Chafee

Walker is on my limited shortlist

And while I agree that not all of them are rock stars (I love Ben Carson and Bobby Jindal, but they just don't have much gravitas), every single one of them, would be a million times better than Hilary.

detbuch
06-04-2015, 07:43 AM
And while I agree that not all of them are rock stars (I love Ben Carson and Bobby Jindal, but they just don't have much gravitas), every single one of them, would be a million times better than Hilary.

gravitas=dignity, seriousness, or solemnity of manner

Ben Carson may have more "gravitas" than all the rest of them in either party. I've never liked the word as has been applied by the progressive press to politicians. I'm not totally sure of what they mean be it, except that, maybe, progressivism infuses "gravitas" into a politician more, if at all, than "conservatism."

I think the greatest obstacle Carson has is his total lack of experience as a politician. Which, for me, is a plus. If you read the constitutional "qualifications" for President, there is no mention of political experience. That was not an accidental omission. Political entrenchment of the brain creates a different breed of citizen. It separates the "politician" from the "people."

Nebe
06-04-2015, 08:06 AM
im sticking to my bernie sanders prediction. :read:

Jim in CT
06-04-2015, 08:49 AM
gravitas=dignity, seriousness, or solemnity of manner

Ben Carson may have more "gravitas" than all the rest of them in either party. I've never liked the word as has been applied by the progressive press to politicians. I'm not totally sure of what they mean be it, except that, maybe, progressivism infuses "gravitas" into a politician more, if at all, than "conservatism."

I think the greatest obstacle Carson has is his total lack of experience as a politician. Which, for me, is a plus. If you read the constitutional "qualifications" for President, there is no mention of political experience. That was not an accidental omission. Political entrenchment of the brain creates a different breed of citizen. It separates the "politician" from the "people."

By "gravitas", I was referring more to the "cool factor", which means nohting to any serious person, but unfortunately is important in these elections.

I also like Carson's lack of political experience, there's a LOT to be said for someone who is not a carer politician. I love Carson, but I expect he will bow out early. I notice that the left, for all their claims of caring about blacks, aren't exactly gushing all over him.

i think Jindal would be excellent, I think Walker would be excellent, Rubio is a great VP candidate...

JohnR
06-04-2015, 12:08 PM
im sticking to my bernie sanders prediction. :read:

Then you would have the two worst Presidents in history back to back.

Sanders would be a disaster, as would Rand Paul I think. Thought I like some of Paul's stuff he would be a disaster. We cannot have another disastrous foreign policy president.

Nebe
06-04-2015, 03:47 PM
One mans success is another mans disaster. McCain as president? We would be in the middle of ww3 right now.

The Dad Fisherman
06-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Then you would have the two worst Presidents in history back to back.

spence
06-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Between Chafee running and his demand we fully embrace the metric system Rockhound has got to be on the ceiling :hihi:

Nebe
06-04-2015, 07:44 PM

Amen brother

justplugit
06-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately too many people vote for the gravitas of a candidate. It should mean nothing because it has nothing to do with the qualification of leading.
First test should be character and patriotism imho. Lincoln certainly didn't have gravitas but he had the character and patriotism to do what was best for the country.

JohnR
06-05-2015, 06:39 AM

Amen brother

No, Carter was worse than Bush.

3 Bottom 10 - OK

Nebe
06-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Are you kidding me? How much debt did bush aquire vs Carter? I'd rather see an inactive president vs a idealistic sociopath any day.

The Dad Fisherman
06-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Bush wins based on Time in Rank.....

JohnR
06-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Are you kidding me? How much debt did bush aquire vs Carter? I'd rather see an inactive president vs a idealistic sociopath any day.

:rotf3:

Bush wins based on Time in Rank.....

Still better than Carter.

The Dad Fisherman
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Not on my scorecard. :hee:

Nebe
06-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Who was more dishonest? ;)

RIROCKHOUND
06-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Between Chafee running and his demand we fully embrace the metric system Rockhound has got to be on the ceiling :hihi:

Linc isn't a bad guy in person; he clearly won't win, but he isn't any more of a fringe candidate than some running on the right; maybe he'll push the discussion a bit and get Hillary to actually take some positions.

Can it be any worse than Santorium telling the Pope, (who has a MS in Chemistry) to 'leave science to scientists' when Santorium doesn't actually listen to the scientists himself?

as far as metric; I think well in it, but some things I still work in English units...

JohnR
06-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Linc isn't a bad guy in person; he clearly won't win, but he isn't any more of a fringe candidate than some running on the right; maybe he'll push the discussion a bit and get Hillary to actually take some positions.

Can it be any worse than Santorium telling the Pope, (who has a MS in Chemistry) to 'leave science to scientists' when Santorium doesn't actually listen to the scientists himself?

as far as metric; I think well in it, but some things I still work in English units...

Agree - I think Linc is not a bad guy, just should not be a head of a state or a Head of State. He is clearly not capable of being POTUS.

He is no Gina Raimondo (more qualified to be POTUS, imo, than Chafee)

RIROCKHOUND
06-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Agree - I think Linc is not a bad guy, just should not be a head of a state or a Head of State. He is clearly not capable of being POTUS.

He is no Gina Raimondo (more qualified to be POTUS, imo, than Chafee)

I think he is brighter than he seems, but yes, he isn't POTUS material...