View Full Version : another reason

blackeye
07-19-2003, 11:29 AM
to hate bluefish-picked up a med size blue about if feet from the rocks-caught me by surprise, and I DIDN"T SET THE HOOK-got him in close and started to pick him out of the water-he shook his head and my 2 1/2 oz polaris popper hits my forearm at warp speed and buries the belly hook up to the bend. first war wound of the season!

Clammer
07-19-2003, 11:44 AM
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:smash:

Mike P
07-19-2003, 11:48 AM
I've been telling people this for years, bluefish are truly the spawn of Satan.

Buzz-erd
07-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Ouch.A good friend of mine who I ran into lastnite took an Atom popper to the forehead trying land a monster blue.Buried the belly hook right into his skull!That had to have been about 15yrs or so back.Still has a noticeable scar.

KLMulder
07-19-2003, 01:55 PM
I hooked a duck in the wing once what an ordeal that was. I finaly got the stupid thing in and could not get the hook out so I cut my line and was walking aroung to pond trying to find someone with a pair of snips to cut the hook in half when the f@#$*N squirl police came walking up to me and told me I was under arest for potching. I had to walk back around the pond and talk with the 3 people I had asked for snips befor the dumb a$$ would belive me and let me go.:af:

Notaro
07-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Holy crap! On the forehead?!? That's so funny. MikeP, I like your comment about the bluefish being the spawn of statan. That's so mono funny. I once got seasick with a friend of mine on the RT last month while fishing on the South Beach rips. I fell asleep and he woke me up with his bluefish flapping and it whacked my temple.

Mulder, I once got a seagull in the mouth with a chunk of herring last summer. I hate those birds. And I nearly hooked a duck at Rockport.

beachwalker
07-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Ya' ever step on a seal ?

Notaro
07-19-2003, 10:48 PM
Hell no, I wouldn't want to, especially fishing near them. I once saw them on the Monomoy. They are kinda cute and freaky at the same time.