View Full Version : Another loss to the fishing community

bart
07-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Ronnie Mouchon, owner of Breachway Bait, passed away yesterday from a heart attack. Very sad news and a huge loss to the RI fishing community. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

RIP

Brian L
07-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks for posting Bart.

Rest easy Capt. Cranky, the original Character of The Sea. We will miss you brother. You were always true to yourself and a good friend anytime we needed you.

Ronnie was doing one of his favorite things yesterday, which was entertaining friends and family on "Elbow Beach" at CTown Breachway on a Sunday afternoon. Just the day before, my wife, kids and I said goodbye to him on our way home from vacation. He mentioned how much he was looking forward to his first Elbow cookout of the year. Sad to see him leave us, happy he was with people he loved, doing what he loved.

Raven
07-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Rest In Peace Ronnie

piemma
07-06-2015, 01:19 PM
I haven't seen Ronnie in years but remember him well. Good guy, cranky like me sometimes but a fixture on the RI surf scene for a long time.

RIP old friend.

Nebe
07-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Catch em up up there ronnie
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer
07-06-2015, 02:09 PM
RIP ..............hopefully doing want he loved was of some help to his family ><><><

JohnR
07-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Wow - Godspeed, Ronnie.

Another Landmark personality, passed on to the otherside.

stripermaineiac
07-06-2015, 03:20 PM
The older we get the more people we know aren't there anymore. Scary as it makes a body wonder when their turn is. Gonna miss him . always told me the real deal on what was happening. hope its better on the other side.

Brian L
07-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Born: April 16, 1957
Died: July 5, 2015

Mouchon, Ronald C., 58, of Charlestown Beach Rd., known to all as Captain Ron, unexpectedly passed away while enjoying a beautiful sunny day at charlestown breachway.

Born in Warwick, he was the son of E. Joyce Jones and the late George C. Mouchon.

Ron was the owner of Breachway Bait & Tackle and captain of the "Baitrunner". He enjoyed fishing, hunting, golfing, cooking and the commraderie of others. Ron was never without his beloved dog, Brandy, by his side.

His generosity was endless. He loved to tell a tale, to teach a technique and bring comic relief to all situations. An encounter with Ron would likely include a teasing remark accompanied by an impish grin. However, it was clear to those who spent time with him, that his love was unconditional, unwavering and bottomless.

His greatest love was his wife, Karleen, with whom he shared his passion for life and adventure.

He leaves five children, Timothy C. Hiles, Kayla E. Boss, Julie Q. Fernand & her husband Kyle, Emily B. Mouchon & Justin S. Boss and two grandchildren, Darius (Cassidy) L. Connell and Christopher L. Ferland.

He was the brother of Robin M. Foley and Richard J. Mouchon

Visiting hours will be held at the Lannotti Funeral Home, 415 Washington Street (Rte.117), Coventry, beginning at 11am with a memorial service to follow at 2:30pm. In lieu of followers, donations to Rhode Island Center Assisting Those In Need (RI CAN) www.rhodeislandcan.org P.O. Box 73, Carolina, RI 02812 would be appreciated
Friday July 10.

chris L
07-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Thats a shame . Rest In Peace Ron . My thoughts go out to his Family , Friends and Brandy