View Full Version : Great friends on S-B

tysdad115
07-11-2015, 06:58 PM
I can't begin to explain how lucky Tyler and I are to have met such great people directly through this site. The great friends we have made here have provided us with incredible opportunities. Another of which happened last night, we were invited on a boat (If they want to chime in they can, I don't want any numbnuts making up more stuff) We usually don't get many chances to so we were in, we headed out for good tides.
I've got to say our typical boat googanitis kicked in and we each lost fish due to break offs. I have an uncanny knack for line separating & losing stuff on the bottom when no one should, but that's another story.
Anyways as I was retying another rig, one member here was putting on a mild clinic of proving how stupid fish can be because he was catching them , then "Captain drops a lot" hooked up . Ty and I were thinking us and boats just weren't meant to be. Now here's the great part, these guys wanted to see Ty catch a nice fish even more than he did. Immediately after a fish hit the rod was handed to Ty real quick, the look on his face was priceless as he felt the weight. He did real well considering you boat guys use stuff with the reel on top!! He brought it all the way up, and when it came over the side he was amazed, as was I. These guys did everything they could ,just to watch him. Thank you.
Later on he did hook up with his own nice fish and bring it in, with the same smile and determination. He's absolutely psyched and really enjoyed the experience and the highly twisted conversations..but all that can be posted of those is "Don't tell Mom"..Thanks again.

tattoobob
07-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Way to go :btu:

niko
07-11-2015, 07:22 PM
That sounds like an awesome time
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
07-11-2015, 07:25 PM
That sounds like an awesome time

It was Paul.

bobber
07-11-2015, 07:32 PM
great trip- stuff your boy will remember for a long time

Linesider82
07-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Awesome

spence
07-11-2015, 07:37 PM
You just reminded me I forgot to spiff JohnR for those waders…oops.

thefishingfreak
07-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Nice. Send that pic to coastal angler he could win a monthly prize.

chefchris401
07-11-2015, 07:43 PM
sounds like a great time Andy, nice to see Ty on some nice fish, memories he wont soon forget. :kewl:

woodbugger21
07-11-2015, 07:47 PM
nicely done! Great pics and story. Hopefully you'll get out there again soon!

Guppy
07-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Soooo nice! Congrats u two... Luv the nights

Raven
07-11-2015, 08:10 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/great.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/great.jpg

tysdad115
07-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks!

ecduzitgood
07-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Your a great dad and have a great son.. just what I needed to get over being bummed that I caught an Osprey Thursday morning.
See you Wednesday?

tysdad115
07-11-2015, 08:42 PM
I'll be there , thanks Ed.

nightfighter
07-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Nice! And nice rig to fish on.... They using my plugs? ;)Left my bag onboard a while back..... hope they (the fish) are there next week as I am down for a few tides and some of those twisted conversations!

tysdad115
07-11-2015, 08:59 PM
I didn't know that Ross, but yes great rig and great guys.

JohnR
07-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Spectacular!

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Nice! And nice rig to fish on.... They using my plugs? ;)Left my bag onboard a while back..... hope they (the fish) are there next week as I am down for a few tides and some of those twisted conversations!
Lmao. Sorry dude forgot about the bag. It's not in my possession yet but if you call me tomorrow it will be and I can send it back Monday. Great times guys! tell Moose to pick up some muscle milk before the next outing so he can lift his fish up for some pics! And his mom should know nothing about any new words that were added to his vocabulary over the last couple weeks. Lol

stripermaineiac
07-11-2015, 09:29 PM
That kids turning into a fishin machine. Way to go.

tysdad115
07-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Lmao. Sorry dude forgot about the bag. It's not in my possession yet but if you call me tomorrow it will be and I can send it back Monday. Great times guys! tell Moose to pick up some muscle milk before the next outing so he can lift his fish up for some pics! And his mom should know nothing about any new words that were added to his vocabulary over the last couple weeks. Lol

He needs some sea legs..he's too top heavy ! He had a blast, thank you.

piemma
07-12-2015, 06:00 AM
That kids turning into a fishin machine. Way to go.

DITTO!!!

Slipknot
07-12-2015, 06:08 AM
That is FANTASTIC!
good job everyone!
the fish looks heavy

nightfighter
07-12-2015, 06:29 AM

Jay, I will be there Saturday night. Just bring it then. Cohen told me he was catching with them on topwater.....:laugha:

ProfessorM
07-12-2015, 07:00 AM
Great job

macojoe
07-12-2015, 07:19 AM
Great Job!! You will be loooking for a bot before you know it!

Clammer
07-12-2015, 07:25 AM
great read ..... REEEEEEL nice .,.<>ENJOY ><> memories :kewl:

5/0
07-12-2015, 07:56 AM
No surprise Ty was able to hook a beast and also good to hear you finally caught a fish Andy!
Ha ha ha!

JamesJet
07-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Nice fish and nice post so boat fish do count? Maybe I'll see ya both Thursday and this time maybe better luck

Rockport24
07-13-2015, 08:44 AM
awesome stuff!

Rockfish9
07-13-2015, 09:48 AM
that right there is what it's all about!:kewl:

bassballer
07-13-2015, 12:18 PM
very cool, looks like you have a future sharpie on your hands!!

chris L
07-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Yeah Nice Job Dad ! Ty will remember it for ever . Those are memories that never fade . I still have memories of me and my Dad shooting in his back yard in 1966 .

keep it going and soon you will wish you were as good a fisherman as he will be .

Cohenfishin
07-14-2015, 09:06 AM
I just want to say it was a pleasure to watch Ty and Andy enjoy themselves the other night. Over the last few years I have had the pleasure of putting some really good guys(sb members) on some really good fish and as always you guys are welcome on my boat anytime. One of my greatest pleasures of boat fishing is sharing my knowledge, my boat, and the great fishing I get to be a part of everyday, with others. With that being said I'm sure they enjoyed caching just as much as I enjoyed watching. Oh and Ty does need a pair of sea legs lol. And Ross I did crush fish on your green needle thanks. And I can't wait to fish with you on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.

fishbones
07-14-2015, 09:57 AM
You must have lost my number, Coen.

Cohenfishin
07-14-2015, 10:38 AM
You must have lost my number, Coen.

Sorry Bones pm sent....

fish4striper
07-14-2015, 12:08 PM
I just want to say it was a pleasure to watch Ty and Andy enjoy themselves the other night. Over the last few years I have had the pleasure of putting some really good guys(sb members) on some really good fish and as always you guys are welcome on my boat anytime. One of my greatest pleasures of boat fishing is sharing my knowledge, my boat, and the great fishing I get to be a part of everyday, with others. With that being said I'm sure they enjoyed caching just as much as I enjoyed watching. Oh and Ty does need a pair of sea legs lol. And Ross I did crush fish on your green needle thanks. And I can't wait to fish with you on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.

Awesome job Cohen! I'm sure he'll remember this for a long time!

tysdad115
07-14-2015, 01:11 PM

Thanks again, really appreciate it. We'll go anytime, even if Jay is there too !

fishbones
07-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks again, really appreciate it. We'll go anytime, even if Jay is there too !

You're a very brave man to go on a boat with Jay.

Cohenfishin
07-14-2015, 03:48 PM

I would have to agree with that statement 100%, but then again they're not hermaphradites so I think it's safe

ThrowingTimber
07-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Great stuff man and its awesome to see open sharing of knowledge and the experience for sure! Nice work guys!

fishbones
07-14-2015, 04:49 PM
I would have to agree with that statement 100%, but then again they're not hermaphradites so I think it's safe

Good point. When are we going out?

PRBuzz
07-14-2015, 05:01 PM
So when you buying a boat? :)

Way to go MOOSE!

tysdad115
07-14-2015, 05:21 PM

A boat is the only time you'll hear a guy saying "Jays tight"..

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-14-2015, 06:38 PM
A boat is the only time you'll hear a guy saying "Jays tight"..

Lmfao!