View Full Version : Alone on history channel

Slipknot
07-21-2015, 05:16 AM
I don't know if anyone here watches the history channel and have checked out that show Alone, but I find it a bit interesting.
They started out with 10 guys placed on Vancouver Island in separate locations given 10 items and have to film and survive on their own. Last man standing wins a half million. There is a guy from Bellingham Mass. who seems like he could win this but the place is full of bears and also cougars and some wolves too so who knows who will be last. It is on demand also. They are down to 4 as of last show. Just wondering if any others are watching

The Dad Fisherman
07-21-2015, 06:04 AM
What are the 10 things they give you.....Is it predetermined or do you get to pick 10 things? Sounds interesting

Slipknot
07-21-2015, 07:12 AM
they got to choose from a bunch

they picked stuff like
a fire starter spark stick
knife
hatchet
axe
tarp
sleeping bag
pot
pan
bottle
rope
saw
fishing line
fishing net
and stuff like that, I bet if you go online to the site, they have more info on it

check it out if you get on demand Kevin, you'd like it

they give you a 45 lb case full of batteries,cameras, a way to charge them etc.
also a flare, bear spray and Sat. phone/gps in case you tap out so they can come get you

it is interesting

One guy misplaced his fire starter and that sucked for him
it rains so much it is hard to keep a fire going, ya have to boil water to drink it or catch rain.

ecduzitgood
07-21-2015, 07:29 AM
they got to choose from a bunch

they picked stuff like
a fire starter spark stick
knife
hatchet
axe
tarp
sleeping bag
pot
pan
bottle
rope
saw
fishing line
fishing net
and stuff like that, I bet if you go online to the site, they have more info on it

check it out if you get on demand Kevin, you'd like it

they give you a 45 lb case full of batteries,cameras, a way to charge them etc.
also a flare, bear spray and Sat. phone/gps in case you tap out so they can come get you

it is interesting

One guy misplaced his fire starter and that sucked for him
it rains so much it is hard to keep a fire going, ya have to boil water to drink it or catch rain.
I would think anyone picking the pot would be the first eliminated due to paranoia and munchies.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
07-21-2015, 10:06 AM
i only watch it ............ ALONE. :rtfm:

Slipknot
01-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Season 3 already in progress
Anyone watch this?
they are in Patagonia and the trout fishing looks good to me
one guy last night finally caught a fish, and it was on a fly he tied himself right there with a feather and a hook with line to tie it.
day 43 and still 7 contestants remaining

good show

Jenn
01-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Missed the first season but got hooked about halfway through last season. Love this show! funny you mentioned the fly....as I was watching them struggling to catch enough fish I was wondering why no one tied a fly....and then it happened! Im surprised they arent using the bamboo more for fishing and why wasnt the biologist in the last episode?

Jenn
01-12-2017, 11:21 PM
And so Carleigh made me cheer this week with her bamboo fishing pole! Also I may or may not have have binge watched season one on demand since my last post 😱
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot
01-13-2017, 03:29 PM
:laugha:

It is about time someone made a rod from that bamboo

I thought the girl with spider biters was getting ready to leave after hugging every tree, guess not. unless she died God forbid.

They don't seem to be showing everyone's progress and they are lasting a loooong time compared to the last two seasons. The guy from Canada is not going to make it but he has a lot of drive.