View Full Version : Any way to identify a Habs needle?

Jim in CT
07-22-2015, 11:45 AM
When I was on vacation recently, I re-read the great striper book "On The Run", which prominently featured Habs, among others. Anyway, I have a gazillion plugs in my basement, and I am sure that some of my needlefish were made by Habs. Any way to tell which, did he brand them somehow?

GattaFish
07-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Post a picture I can probably tell you. Hab's JR branded his. I also have some original Hab's night-n-gales prototypes. If I can't I know someone who can
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
07-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Post a pic, pretty easy to identify profile if it's a production model.

BigFish
07-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Many builders you can tell by their tail wrap. If its a Habs someone will know it by sight!

Jim in CT
07-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Thanks, will post pics when I get down there to sort through.

DZ
07-22-2015, 01:24 PM
Be interesting to see which models you might have. He went from painted eyes to stick on eyes to dolls eyes over the years. Shape gradually changed from a more rounded head to the flat face and collar after the eyes.

piemma
07-23-2015, 09:32 AM
Post a picture I can probably tell you. Hab's JR branded his. I also have some original Hab's night-n-gales prototypes. If I can't I know someone who can

Ditto. I have a bunch of John's pre-production needles in addition to his production stuff. I can tell in a second if they are his.

piemma
07-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Be interesting to see which models you might have. He went from painted eyes to stick on eyes to dolls eyes over the years. Shape gradually changed from a more rounded head to the flat face and collar after the eyes.

Dennis, I actually have some with stick on eyes and a couple with painted eyes. I also have a blind pre- production night-in-gale John gave me on the Block in 2004 or 5.

tattoobob
07-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Dennis, I actually have some with stick on eyes and a couple with painted eyes. I also have a blind pre- production night-in-gale John gave me on the Block in 2004 or 5.

I have a few of those to Paul, that was a fishless week for most
The first time I met John was at SW Point BI where he handed me an original Night-N-Gal

ThrowingTimber
07-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Haha fun times he gave me a powder blue one after the ferry ride home on that block island skunk patrol week!

piemma
07-25-2015, 10:05 AM
I have a few of those to Paul, that was a fishless week for most
The first time I met John was at SW Point BI where he handed me an original Night-N-Gal

It actually was a great week to be with friends. Everyone was out there as I recall. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, you, TO, Redlite, Sea Dangles, Habs, RI Rockhound, Spence, TT, Tattoo, DZ

redlite
07-25-2015, 02:00 PM
It actually was a great week to be with friends. Everyone was out there as I recall. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, you, TO, Redlite, Sea Dangles, Habs, RI Rockhound, Spence, TT, Tattoo, DZ

Aaahhhhh. The memories of the love bungalow with tbag and the awesome decal on my truck cap......

tattoobob
07-25-2015, 02:02 PM

Very true Paul, I remember the amount of people on the Island that week, there was people at every spot some places it was tough to get a parking spot

piemma
07-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Aaahhhhh. The memories of the love bungalow with tbag and the awesome decal on my truck cap......

:rotflmao::claps:

spence
07-25-2015, 04:26 PM
I think that was the year you and Dangles had the parking lot bromance.

piemma
07-26-2015, 06:26 AM
I think that was the year you and Dangles had the parking lot bromance.

Yup and we have since become good friends.