View Full Version : More than I wanted

Guppy
08-04-2015, 07:04 AM
After raking hogs on Sunday I develops this , what I thought was a rash,,, turns out to be parasites , something didn't feel right with the creek water soooo worm..... Should have listened to my gut feeling,,, itch like nothing ever b 4,,,, the whole clan ate the chowdah,,, so far so good

No more worm weather raking for me, evah :fury:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=61564&stc=1&d=1438689814

Cohenfishin
08-04-2015, 07:18 AM
After raking hogs on Sunday I develops this , what I thought was a rash,,, turns out to be parasites , something didn't feel right with the creek water soooo worm..... Should have listened to my gut feeling,,, itch like nothing ever b 4,,,, the whole clan ate the chowdah,,, so far so good. I had the same thing last month Gup,it's so itchy it drives you crazy.... Takes a while to go away too.

No more worm weather raking for me, evah :fury:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=61564&stc=1&d=1438689814
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Ribeye
08-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Looks like seabathers eruption. The group I was digging with sunday all got it too. Itchy as hell.

Guppy
08-04-2015, 09:06 AM
I had the same thing last month Gup,it's so itchy it drives you crazy.... Takes a while to go away tooPosted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I'll say! up all night with apple cider vinegar wash down,,, helped a little. waders all year! :hihi:

Looks like seabathers eruption. The group I was digging with sunday all got it too. Itchy as hell.

I asked my local EP's to post a sign down by the creek,,,, hope they do ( should ? )

I'm done with that till late fall,,,,,,

JamesJet
08-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Wow, I dug some Sunday as well in Chatham, and was messing around in the creek behind Red River beach catching minnows, fidler crabs etc with my son this weekend too. Both areas had warm water but pretty good flow. Never heard of that and will be on the lookout going forward. Good luck with it....

Dick Durand
08-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Nasty - a severe case of Swimmer's Itch. You're going to be miserable for a week or longer. From what I've noted a parasite caused by bird droppings infects and kills snails and seeks a host - in this case, you. That you dug in mud may exacerbate the problem.This may or may not be entirely accurate. The good news is that the parasite cannot survive in humans.
I've developed a far less severe outbreak the last time I dug quahogs. Despite the water temp I'm wearing waders on the next outing.

Guppy
08-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Wow, I dug some Sunday as well in Chatham, and was messing around in the creek behind Red River beach catching minnows, fidler crabs etc with my son this weekend too. Both areas had warm water but pretty good flow. Never heard of that and will be on the lookout going forward. Good luck with it....

Jim, they are in the mud I'm told, I'd hate to see any kids get this

Nasty - a severe case of Swimmer's Itch. You're going to be miserable for a week or longer. From what I've noted a parasite caused by bird droppings infects and kills snails and seeks a host - in this case, you. That you dug in mud may exacerbate the problem.This may or may not be entirely accurate. The good news is that the parasite cannot survive in humans.
I've developed a far less severe outbreak the last time I dug quahogs. Despite the water temp I'm wearing waders on the next outing.

Geeees, I was told two days, yikes, waders for sure

Nebe
08-04-2015, 02:35 PM
I will take this parasite any day over the one that swims up your penis

Raven
08-04-2015, 05:57 PM
fire-ant's stings make you want to rip your flesh off
you scratch/itch so hard then you ache like
you just got run over by a truck

Raven
08-04-2015, 05:57 PM
you get well soon there GUP

Ribeye
08-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Isn't swimmers itch most common with fresh water bird droppings and such. I was out close to the middle of the harbor on a sand bar with excellent water exchange.

Ribeye
08-04-2015, 06:39 PM

Candiru. Back on topic.

Ribeye
08-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Crap, sorry, get well Guppy.

ProfessorM
08-04-2015, 06:46 PM
we used to call them chiggers. I used to wash my feet with rubbing alcohol after digging all the time when digging in mud as soon as I got home. Mostly got them around my feet area not that high up the leg so maybe a different parasite. Itch like crazy. Yes waders when in mud for sure besides i would lose a shoe once in a while in the mud.

Guppy
08-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Ya, the EP guy said they get stirred up from the rakes and end up everywhere,,, plus, dummy me didn't dry off or shower till I got them cooking..... Live and learn

OLD GOAT
08-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Sounds like clamer itch.

Dick Durand
08-07-2015, 06:19 AM
Guppy, almost a week later. Has the rash cleared? any itch?

bassballer
08-13-2015, 06:35 AM

Amen!

Guppy
08-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Guppy, almost a week later. Has the rash cleared? any itch?

Yes, thank God
Today is 11 days and hasn't really bothered me for a couple of days. Rash still there

Paul (prof m) , goggle up giggers , take a look at the photos,,,, that's a whole dif animal!!!!

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Me and the girl have these nasty fuuuuking bites from digging Sunday!

Guppy
09-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Me and the girl have these nasty fuuuuking bites from digging Sunday!

OH NO!

First couple days are the worst Jay. Only treatment that helped me, cold wet towel rub like crazy, then wipe down with Apple cider vinegar, stings like crazy for couple minutes then itch goes away for several hours.... Good luck

Where do I send the bill? Doc Gup

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-08-2015, 07:04 PM
OH NO!

First couple days are the worst Jay. Only treatment that helped me, cold wet towel rub like crazy, then wipe down with Apple cider vinegar, stings like crazy for couple minutes then itch goes away for several hours.... Good luck

Where do I send the bill? Doc Gup

No need to send a bill. It was only herpes!

redlite
09-08-2015, 07:26 PM
But u can only catch herps once and i already gave em to u a few years ago
Love is temporary...... Herpes is forever

Jackbass
09-09-2015, 06:48 AM
But u can only catch herps once and i already gave em to u a few years ago
Love is temporary...... Herpes is forever

I always thought WPM was a boxer with cauliflower ear. Learn something new every day