View Full Version : Colorado Spill

JohnR
08-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Horrible what is happening out there:

The Environmental Protection Agency accidentally released millions of gallons of pollutants into the water last week, turning the typically blue water to the color of mustard.

"Everybody in town knew it was coming. It was hard to wake up in the morning and see an orange river," Bartles told CNN. "Many of the locals in this region are probably going to experience a certain level of mourning."

By Tuesday, the plume of heavy metals had largely moved on and the river looked clear. A tourist probably wouldn't notice anything was off, but a local would know it's not quite right, Bartles said.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/us/epa-river-spill-residents/index.html

But my snarky side has been fighting this since I first heard it was EPA's mistake.

Anyone else think the same thing?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nNpACDjEw

Jackbass
08-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Not much in the news on it. Which is ridiculous. Sad for certain.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
08-11-2015, 09:41 AM
I've seen it all over the news.....terrible thing. nothing you can do to contain it.....just gotta let it flow.

5/0
08-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Of all party's to be responsible, such pristine water gone to pot for years to follow.

Higgie
08-11-2015, 04:59 PM
That's sad lived in south west CO almost 14 years ago. Did a lot of hiking in that area it's gods country for sure

Jenn
08-11-2015, 05:50 PM
It will be interesting to see how long they (EPA) will require the water quality monitoring to go on compared to how long they would if they were not involved in the accident

hardcore from shore
08-12-2015, 11:48 AM
After the mining companies got all their $ out they left the mess. EPA tried to get superfund designation and tried to get it cleared up for years. It festered underground. Blaming EPA is like blaming someone who was taking out the trash only to have the bag break.

spence
08-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Makes me think had we had an EPA in the 1920's would this toxic reservoir have been allowed to exist in the first place?