View Full Version : Weekend Plans

JohnR
08-14-2015, 07:19 AM
Or WhereTF has summer gone ??

Work.

So whats up for the weekend?

hardcore from shore
08-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Return from 10 days in Italy at a wedding and touring at 7pm friday. Fish at 4 am Saturday. I need a fishing fix big time. I also need to not eat.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

5/0
08-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Took the day off sooo I'm gonna do some work around the house,prep for some fishing the wee hrs. tomorrow.

Summer is quickly coming to a close enjoy the weather because we'll be knee deep in that white crap soon enough.

spence
08-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Summer over? I haven't even had time to start.

Box of exterior light fixtures arrived this week so I've got work.

RIROCKHOUND
08-14-2015, 07:49 AM
Southbound....

PRBuzz
08-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Southbound....

DITTO then again Tues-Thurs :)

5/0
08-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Summer over? I haven't even had time to start.

Box of exterior light fixtures arrived this week so I've got work.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but with the turn of events that unfolded this year for my family it appears like I've missed out on much of the season,kinda like a blur...

I have been fortunate enough to have sheared good times with family and good friends but,that I've placed too much on the back burner and was unable to tend to.

Things will always get better as time ticks on.

Rob Rockcrawler
08-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Fishing tomorrow night with a childhood fishing buddy. I hope he lost his knack of breaking my gear and getting hooked.

Rockport24
08-14-2015, 09:29 AM
New England Kayak Fishing Striper Shootout this weekend in Salem, MA
those of you in the area, there will be 130 or so kayakers around inshore waters of salem sound and boston harbor starting tonight!

tautog
08-14-2015, 09:57 AM
following RIRock and BUZZ

PRBuzz
08-14-2015, 11:17 AM
following RIRock and BUZZ

We're in trouble, thought we were following you :)

piemma
08-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Been in Nashville all week on a consulting gig. Hope to fish this weekend.

Hookedagain
08-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Working tonight...Jimmy Buffett tomorrow and fishing Sunday morning. Maybe hit the car show at R & S Speed shop Sunday afternoon

Thumper
08-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Working tonight...Jimmy Buffett tomorrow and fishing Sunday morning. Maybe hit the car show at R & S Speed shop Sunday afternoon

Third sunday already, jeeze. What time does that start?

yj1990
08-16-2015, 10:58 AM
I was planing to go out my self yesterday morning but my 6 year old said I want to go daddy. Figuring the way the fishing been hit or miss I told her it might be slow. But to my surprise we hit the jackpot we got a dozen fish all good size and even a 39,38 and a bunch around 35" a day my dad me and her will never forget. Tight lines guys

yj1990
08-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Sorry I don't know how to post the pics I'll try again

RickBomba
08-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Bought a new couch (counting the days until it gets here...I'm stuck upstairs until I get something that is better than what we have now).

Went out to the grocery store today and washed Jess's car (I was the passenger, but this is the most away from home time that I've had in a month).

Hung a new soundbar upstairs (I don't know how we blew the speakers in this TV), and ready to relax for a while.

I'd love to be fishing...I miss it.

5/0
08-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Bought a new couch (counting the days until it gets here...I'm stuck upstairs until I get something that is better than what we have now).

Went out to the grocery store today and washed Jess's car (I was the passenger, but this is the most away from home time that I've had in a month).

Hung a new soundbar upstairs (I don't know how we blew the speakers in this TV), and ready to relax for a while.

I'd love to be fishing...I miss it.
Hey Bud glad to hear you getting out & more active.
Thought of you this AM, we buzzed by the Race in search of the bluefin type and saw a chit load of vehicles out on the beach.

RickBomba
08-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Hey Bud glad to hear you getting out & more active.
Thought of you this AM, we buzzed by the Race in search of the bluefin type and saw a chit load of vehicles out on the beach.

Thanks Bob,
Yeah, I'm getting better, but no fishing for me again this year. I bought an HMS permit and everything. There were really good fish along Herring Cove to Wood End last year after the last time that #^&#^&#^&#^&y and I went out in October.

I was telling #^&#^&#^&#^&y that we are finally starting to figure out the whole Provincetown and approaches area after spending every waking moment of the last 15 years there...it's not a place that gives up secrets without effort. That, and the locals hate me. I have no idea why I like it there so much. Maybe it's the night life? I don't know.

Guessing with the heat they will be around there again after October again.

Hoping that the doc has good news for me at the end of the month. I'll PM you when I get the results. The past two weeks have kicked my ass, but I have come a long way. Hoping I can keep going at the same rate and be back to work by 9/28.

TTYS,
Rick

bart
08-16-2015, 05:11 PM
I was planing to go out my self yesterday morning but my 6 year old said I want to go daddy. Figuring the way the fishing been hit or miss I told her it might be slow. But to my surprise we hit the jackpot we got a dozen fish all good size and even a 39,38 and a bunch around 35" a day my dad me and her will never forget. Tight lines guys

Good stuff right there

5/0
08-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Thanks Bob,
Yeah, I'm getting better, but no fishing for me again this year. I bought an HMS permit and everything. There were really good fish along Herring Cove to Wood End last year after the last time that #^&#^&#^&#^&y and I went out in October.

I was telling #^&#^&#^&#^&y that we are finally starting to figure out the whole Provincetown and approaches area after spending every waking moment of the last 15 years there...it's not a place that gives up secrets without effort. That, and the locals hate me. I have no idea why I like it there so much. Maybe it's the night life? I don't know.

Guessing with the heat they will be around there again after October again.

Hoping that the doc has good news for me at the end of the month. I'll PM you when I get the results. The past two weeks have kicked my ass, but I have come a long way. Hoping I can keep going at the same rate and be back to work by 9/28.

TTYS,
Rick
There was a chit load of sand eels mixed in with peanut bunker and larger snapper blues, sad part was there was ZERO on them...Nada!

Anyway as for the night life and locals, yeah they hate you cause your straight! Haha!
Just don't go into the Blue Oyester Club!
Look forward to seeing you soon bud,don't for get I work close to ya so if you need somthin just bark!

5/0

RickBomba
08-16-2015, 06:13 PM
There was a chit load of sand eels mixed in with peanut bunker and larger snapper blues, sad part was there was ZERO on them...Nada!

Anyway as for the night life and locals, yeah they hate you cause your straight! Haha!
Just don't go into the Blue Oyester Club!
Look forward to seeing you soon bud,don't for get I work close to ya so if you need somthin just bark!

5/0

Mhm...in town I don't have any problem. I only seem to have problems making friends when I'm on my boat...maybe those boat guys need some of the nightlife😝.

#^&#^&#^&#^&y and I saw the same thing last year with the bait. All of a sudden, the apex predator in the neighborhood was millions of one pound bonito mixed in too. Last year was a very weird fall. We did horribly, threw in the towel, and then the tuna showed up!

I'll give you a shout when I start leaving the house a little later in the fall. Driving is a big no-no with the graft. I'm not sure why I can go for rides in cars, but not drive them...I'll ask the doc in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for the offer on the help. It is much appreciated.

Rick