View Full Version : Parker23.

Nebe
08-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Has anyone been in touch with him lately?

Nebe
08-19-2015, 08:33 AM
His last public appearance was at the fundraiser for Tony Stetzco's son. He basically out bid everyone and then wrote a rubber check. Not returning anyone's calls... Pretty much walked out of there with thousands of dollars with of artwork and other things that was supposed to go into a fund to help out with Tony's son's education.

There's a special place in hell.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

DZ
08-19-2015, 08:48 AM
Are you kidding us? Wow.

BigFish
08-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Owns a printing company in RI......start phoning the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of it!!! Call the cops?? Fraud??

Nebe
08-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Sorry. His name here is Parker23. The guy who flipped his Parker and posted all of his worldly possessions were on board.

Nebe
08-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Are you kidding us? Wow.

Not kidding. Ask Fluke sky walker about it.

Nebe
08-19-2015, 09:23 AM
I honestly think that the police need to be called here.

Raider Ronnie
08-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Sorry. His name here is Parker23. The guy who flipped his Parker and posted all of his worldly possessions were on board.

Yup.
They guy that goes fishing with 1/2 dozen Rolex watches and a bunch of VS reels.

Nebe
08-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Yup.
They guy that goes fishing with 1/2 dozen Rolex watches and a bunch of VS reels.

The one and only.

Dick Durand
08-19-2015, 09:57 AM

Presumably with an amazing amount of expensive gear on board and an extravagant insurance claim.

chefchris401
08-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Last time he was on the site was Feb 23, 2015

last time on FB was April 11, 2015

the ABS FB page has been inactive since Oct 2014.

Rob Rockcrawler
08-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Screwing the insurance company is one thing, but a charity... special place in hell for that.

Nebe
08-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Screwing the insurance company is one thing, but a charity... special place in hell for that.

not just charity, but AN 8 YEAR OLD WITHOUT HIS DAD!!! :gorez:

thefishingfreak
08-19-2015, 11:33 AM
how much was the check? if over a grand that's a felony and the police should be called. probably go down to the police station anyways and let them know. I'm sure one of the cops would take a minute to track him down.
Have you checked the local gay bars?

PaulS
08-19-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't know about checks, but he paid cash for a lot of things at the Conn. fundraiser.

RIROCKHOUND
08-19-2015, 11:57 AM
Interesting that he isn't on the ABS website... http://www.absprinting.com/companyinfo/employees.html

What a scumbag if this is true.

RickBomba
08-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Wow. I can't believe it. That blows. Especially if it was for charity. He used to live in Warwick and he and his dad ran the printing company, last time I talked to him. This was before the boat crash post with the rolexes, Cologne, and laptops. I haven't heard from him since. Eben, pm me if there's anything I can go to help.

Nebe
08-19-2015, 12:50 PM
I dont think there is anything you can do Rick... I am not involved in this other than i just learned about it today and was so pissed off i had to vent and share it here.
People need to know the dealings of this guy so they dont get screwed as well...

spence
08-19-2015, 12:51 PM
I'd also be sure the story is right before slandering anyone, even someone with history...

If it's true let the police sort it out.

BigFish
08-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Maybe his employees would like to know what a #^&#^&#^&#^&bag he is??? Deliver some well placed flyers to his place of business?:lama:

tlapinski
08-19-2015, 01:31 PM
I'd also be sure the story is right before slandering anyone, even someone with history...

If it's true let the police sort it out.

It is unfortunately very true. $2,355 worth of truth.

Raven
08-19-2015, 01:54 PM
This is mind blowing

thefishingfreak
08-19-2015, 02:01 PM
What a dirtbag.
Not only screwing Tony's son, whom the money was intended for, but all of US who donated

Bill L
08-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Wow, unbelievable. The president on the abs printing web site Bryan posted must be his father (same name), may be worth trying to contact him

nightfighter
08-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Same phone # listed in these old threads

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=73613

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=82922
post #3

Bronko
08-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Does anyone on here know the guy personally?

Linesider82
08-19-2015, 03:17 PM

Mike Laptew aka Fisheye drove him to the event.

I'd sure like to hear why?

Rockport24
08-19-2015, 03:22 PM
:lurk:

sorry this is just too much of a coincidence that its the same guy with the rolexes..

massbassman
08-19-2015, 03:26 PM
What a sad excuse for a human being. To do that, to a boy who just lost his Dad, is unbelievable. Hopefully this POS gets what's coming to him.

afterhours
08-19-2015, 03:30 PM
wow...:smash: contact police.

piemma
08-19-2015, 03:31 PM

I met him a number of years ago. He didn't seem like a bad guy but I only had one conversation with him at Home Depot one morning. He saw a SB.com sticker on my truck and approached me. This was before the infamous "rouge wave" incident. I know he had a number of personal issues later in life and I don't think the business referred to is his. I think it's his fathers.
Absolutely no excuse for anything he has done from the Rolex stuff to this horrible stunt with Tony's kid.
My personal opinion is that if the report is true then legal action should be instituted against him .

Nebe
08-19-2015, 03:44 PM
It's 100% true.

Fly Rod
08-19-2015, 04:03 PM
What ya waiting for NEBE ...call the cops, U spear headed this blog.

This is the only time that I have agreed with Spence......U best make sure U R right.....:)

spence
08-19-2015, 04:39 PM
This is the only time that I have agreed with Spence......U best make sure U R right.....:)
It feels good doesn't it? :hihi:

Whomever has facts should file a complaint. I'm not looking out for the guy but I'm also against internet shaming. If we're really talking 2K shorted from a charity case then the police will have great interest.

Nebe
08-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Mike Laptew is the one who should be calling the cops.

wader-dad
08-19-2015, 04:55 PM
I helped organize the event with Toby. The guy suffers from severe mental illness and years of substance abuse. No excuse ?? but mental illness exists. Right after the fundraiser his father cut him off- he may be institutionalized right now.

I think we will recover the money I am working on it. I have been dealing with an illness in my family and have not been able to put my efforts in finding him but may get the money from his father.

Jenn
08-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Nebe...I edited the the thread title just in case there is a user with the other name.

I am not for public shaming myself but I am trusting that all of the longtime members saying it's true as merit that this thread should stay put, at least for the moment.

If what is being said in in fact true I do hope that no one takes this into their own hands but gets police involved and let them sort out the details. One of the best qualities we have on this site is that many members are good upstanding folks ready to stick up for each other and what is right but please do it the right way.

PaulS
08-19-2015, 05:09 PM
I helped organize the event with Toby. The guy suffers from severe mental illness and years of substance abuse. No excuse ?? but mental illness exists. Right after the fundraiser his father cut him off- he may be institutionalized right now.

I don't believe it was malicious bc he paid cash for a lot of the tickets. Hopefully, the $ is recovered.

Slipknot
08-19-2015, 05:10 PM
:shocked::eek::shocked:

Raider Ronnie
08-19-2015, 05:14 PM
how much was the check? if over a grand that's a felony and the police should be called. probably go down to the police station anyways and let them know. I'm sure one of the cops would take a minute to track him down.

Now that's funny.

tattoobob
08-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Wow some People, I hope it turns out for the better

Grampa Greg
08-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Mike Laptew aka Fisheye drove him to the event.

I'd sure like to hear why?

Laptew seems like a good guy and am willing to bet he feels some sort of peripheral accountability here being that he was the chaperon to this scumbag. I bet he is doing everything in his power to help the donators retrieve what was given and in turn help Anton. I certainly can't see how he wouldn't want to.

GG

spence
08-19-2015, 06:32 PM
I'd suggest everyone chill until some investigation is done.

JamesJet
08-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Agree with the idea people should let the law take care of this, but wow, my stomach is knotted up about just how bad this is. I only fished with Tony twice, never met his son but know how proud he was of him. Its just sad....

bart
08-20-2015, 06:29 AM
I agree with Spence. Let the police do their job. When mental illness comes into play, things get complicated. I don't know his situation, but given the fact that he went on a spending spree, he may have been in a manic state.

I hope the money is recovered. This is very sad on a multitude of different levels...

JohnR
08-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Lets roll this back a little.

I am sure CSA is on top of this as indicated elsewhere in this thread. If they need our help little s-b or BIG Fishing Community all they need to do is ask. I suspect they have a plan in place.
I had seen Parker23 once or twice for brief periods of time before seeing him at the fundraiser. He was (beyond?) a little over the top that day. There is/was likely other issues going in with him at the time but not our orange to peel. As mentioned above Metal Illness is tough.
Now is not the time to do the knee-jerk Social Innernets Justice Warrior schtick. If CSA needs help, if Tony's fund needs help, and there is an appropriate way to help, we as a community should. But grabbing our torches and pitchforks is not the way to go.

puppet
08-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Toby and Rob,

For whatever the circumstances, if the bounced check goes
unresolved, please let the community know.

If the hat were passed for a collection to make up for the lost funds, I
for one would be interested in contributing. For the sake of Tony,
Anton, and those who donated items and services to the fundraiser.

It was a great event. I was amazed at the generosity and depth of
the donations and the participants. Its a shame that this small
incident can overshadow the spirit of that night. I really feel that
this situation is correctable.

bassballer
08-20-2015, 12:10 PM

Yup. Less Tog pictures.

How that guy could be taken seriously after those insurance claim posts is beyond me.

JohnR
08-20-2015, 12:25 PM

I don't think Laptew has any culpability in this. He gave the guy a ride. Not like Mike was the Getaway driver.

Mike, like Alberto, was offering time (I assume for free) to help with the Fundraiser. I do not think he did anything wrong, certainly I cannot see him being a collaborator on this.

flukeskywalker
08-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Yesterday I posted on my fb page, has anyone seen that guy Bruce & that he's had 2 of my sculptures and other peoples donations for about 4+ months now. Didn't mean it to turn into a bash fest from guys not involved or never met him. Appreciate the friends that have tried searching. This goes back to April I think it was, I just had it with trying to make contact and not receiving one reply, email, phone call, or any hint of things working out. I've tried, I know Mike Has tried a lot and none of us knew him well enough to see this coming. I'm assuming long term treatment or worse? But I betcha one phone call in 4+ months is allowed unless he's passed. Yea I'm pissed off . And think that many months was long enough to get 1 reply or call about all the donations that are probably sitting in a storage unit or basement or driveway. I received a laundry list email of efforts attempting to reclaim the donations, and appreciate the efforts. Not sure where to go from here yet. I'll think about it over the week, try to speak with the family & my friends involved again & again. Would love more help, I really hate feeling burned especially it being from a charity for Tony's boy. I guess next years fundraiser or any future events will be cash or certified check. This is a tight knit fishing family & this sucks all around. For everyone. Would be great to see it resolved this year. We've been patient, really patient.

Nebe
08-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Fluke for president! (Walter for VP!) or vice versa :hihi:

wader-dad
08-20-2015, 12:50 PM
I want to assure everyone that due to the immense generosity of lots of people here and in the surfcasting community, the fundraising event was a big success and the money raised is protected for Anton III.

We raised close to $6,000 even without the money still due. Toby did a great job on short notice to get great items donated.

I did not want to send the check until I was satisfied that the money would be held in a protected account for Anton's education as we promised. I drafted an education trust for Anton III which is being managed by a close family member of Anton's mother. The funds can only be used for Anton.

To give you some more insight to what we were dealing with, he bought hundreds of dollars of raffle tickets - maybe $500 or more and just handed out many of the tickets to people. He was the high bidder on a donated new Van Staal reel and asked who the youngest kid in the room was and he gave the reel to that kid. It was clear that he was in an extreme manic state but we did not expect the check to bounce.

Mike Laptew generously donated his time to make a presentation and some of his art to the fundraiser and could not feel worse about it. Yes I am sorry he brought him.

So let not loose sight of the fact that it was a great event and we did it for Tony and his son.

flukeskywalker
08-20-2015, 01:05 PM
It is unfortunately very true. $2,355 worth of truth.

Someone said "this is not the time" contact the police. I'm doubtful that would resolve anything. I think it is the time after 4+ months with no contact here. I'd rather try and get the stuff back or see the family square it. One more try with the family maybe. Then if all else fails after 6 months a court claim I assume. I don't think the police have a donation debt unit, or can even write him a ticket at this point. Maybe if you went to court first. Not sure I'll ask my neighbor. Will talk with Mike and club friends today and throughout the next couple weeks. If it wasn't for the kid I might just wash my hands of it. My nickname's not doormat its fluke...... There will be more fundraisers coming. I think I'll create a small opportunity at our seasons end BBQ gathering of the goats. This feels lousy I'll tell ya. It's not the burning me that feels so lousy it's anton's stuff. I spent a long time on just the whale carving , and it meant something to me, that's why I brought it.

Nebe
08-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Wader Dad, thank you for doing everything and thank you for listing the positives.
From my perspective as an artist who donates work to charities from time to time, I am a little sensitive to things like this and when I heard what happened I blew a gasket. If there is another fundraiser for Antone, count me in for a donation.

numbskull
08-20-2015, 02:24 PM
To give you some more insight to what we were dealing with, he bought hundreds of dollars of raffle tickets - maybe $500 or more and just handed out many of the tickets to people. He was the high bidder on a donated new Van Staal reel and asked who the youngest kid in the room was and he gave the reel to that kid. It was clear that he was in an extreme manic state but we did not expect the check to bounce.

This is troubling, sorry to say, since it puts some culpability on the organizers.

It is easy in retrospect (and if I had been running things my enthusiasm for the cause would probably have let me make the same mistake so I am not trying to be critical here) but even a charity should not profit from someone's mental illness.

If the items can not be recovered through the family or the man himself once he is treated (a very possible outcome) then I think legal action won't go very far in this case and it is best to live, learn, and move on.

All around a sad situation. I suspect Parker 22 is to be pitied rather than excoriated. His family is suffering as well.

JohnR
08-20-2015, 02:30 PM
So as a follow up, his account has not been accessed here since February.

To all of the CSA folks and everyone that participated, you all did a spectacular job - truly - with this event. It is hard to describe to all those that were not there how well organized and run this fundraiser was, especially for the pickup game it was.

5/0
08-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Set aside parker23 for now and let it ride on the courts/po po handle it.
I would strongly suggest we turn this around and make it better than before.
How about we start a "go fund me" these seem to do really well for situations such as this.

I will gladly donate $100. For Tony's son.

5/0

Jackbass
08-20-2015, 06:27 PM
A go fund me page was arranged when Tony Got sick not sure if it is still open or not.

Jackbass
08-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Still open.

http://www.gofundme.com/hihqog

Nebe
08-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Still open.

http://www.gofundme.com/hihqog

Careful. That could be linked to Tony's bank account which would probably be a black hole. Go fund me will take the money but it might not end up in the right hands.

5/0
08-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Thank you both for the info. I have a Buddy who was pretty close with Tony so I will be able to make a donation.

flukeskywalker
08-21-2015, 08:51 AM
I know it's easy for guys who Didn't lose 3weeks of artwork themselves to say forget it , or call the cops " who can't do a thing " I was very very close with Tony. Again if it wasn't my own work or for his son. I'd say give up or give it another 4/5months or 12 too. But some of us that got burned think it's been more than long enough to try any way possible at this point. Thanks Eb for getting it. The point was , if anyone see's or hears something break radio silence.

BigFish
08-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Mental problem? Drug problem? Too bad.....his problem! Piece of dog #^&#^&#^&#^& needs to be held accountable!

bassballer
08-21-2015, 09:20 AM
List of items lost to King Neptune:
ITEM DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE AGE
REELS
SHIMANO CORE 100MGFV (LEFT RETREIVE) 2 $ 380.00 6 MONTHS
SHIMANO CURADO CU301DSV (LEFT RETREIVE) 2 $ 199.00 6 MONTHS
SHIMANO CTE 401 (LEFT RETREIVE) 1 $ 389.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
SHIMANO TORSA CASTING REEL TS30 (LEFT RETREIVE) 1 $ 699.00 1 YEAR
TIBOR BILLY PATE FLY REEL EXTRA SPOOL (LEFT RETREIVE) TARPON SERIES 1 $ 735.00 2 YEARS OLD
EXTRA SPOOL FOR PATE REEL 2 $ 200.00 2 YEARS OLD
VAN STAAL VS250 (LEFT RETREIVE) 1 $ 750.00 1 YEAR
VAN STAAL VS200 (LEFT RETREIVE) 1 $ 750.00 1 YEAR
VAN STAAL VS150 (LEFT RETREIVE) 1 $ 700.00
ACCURATE TWIN SPIN 12 REEL -- (RIGHT RETREIVE) 2 $ 750.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
ACCURATE BOSS 2 SPEED REELS (RIGHT RETREIVE) 2 $ 525.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
AVET REEL (LEFT RETRIEVE) 2 $ 425.00 1 YEAR
VAN STAAL 11/12 FLY REELS 2 EXTRA SPOOLS (AUCTION CUSTOM) 2 $ 1,250.00 2 YEARS OLD
FISHING LINE 10,000 YARDS SUFFIX BRAID NA $ 800.00 LESS THAN 3 MONTHS
AIRFLO, SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS, RIO FLY LINES/BACKING 10 $ 55.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
FLY LEADERS/WIRE TIPPET 10 $ 25.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
INSHORE/OFFSHORE FLIES 100 $ 6.00 1 YEAR
FIN-NOR SANTIAGO TUNA REEL 1 $ 980.00 2 YEARS OLD
ZEEBASS SPIN REEL (LEFT RETRIEVE) (2 EXTRA SPOOLS) 1 $ 2,100.00 1 YEAR
S & K REEL TANK STORAGE BOX 2 $ 299.00 1 YEAR
SHIMANO CALCUTTA - ( 2 PIECE) INSHORE CASTING 2 $ 179.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
SAGE 9 FT 10 WT FLYROD 4 PIECE 1 $ 740.00 2 YEARS OLD
ROD LUGGAGE 2 $ 200.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
LOOMIS 11/12 4 PIECE TRAVEL 1 $ 750.00 2 YEARS OLD
LOOMIS 15WT (3 PIECE) 1 $ 800.00 2 YEARS OLD
ORVIS 9 FT 10WT FLYROD 4 PIECE 1 $ 750.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
MISC FISH GEAR
GEAR BAG WITH TERMINAL TACKLE, WOOD/PLASTIC PLUGS/JIGS/LINE 1 $ 1,500.00 LESS THAN 2 YEAR
VAN STAAL TITANIUM PLYERS (7") W/HOLDER AND CORD 1 $ 275.00 3 MONTHS OLD
HENKLES 2 PIECE FILET/BONE KNIVES 1 $ 99.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
CHEF CHOICE SHARPENER 1 $ 75.00 2 YEARS OLD
100 GALLON KEEP ALIVE LIVEWELL 1 $ 700.00 1 YEAR
NIGHT JAGUAR NIGHTVISION GOGLES 1 $ 450.00 1 YEAR
CABELA GUIDE FOUL WEATHER GEAR (BIB AND JACKET) 1 $ 700.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
SPERRY WETZONE FOUL WEATHER BOOTS 1 $ 150.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
AQUASKINS SURFTOP NEOPRENE 3XL 1 $ 550.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
AQUASKINS GUIDE GEAR BAG 1 $ 300.00 3 MONTHS OLD
SHIMANO BROADWAY REEL BAG 1 $ 99.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
ICON M72 HANDHELD VHF RADIO 1 $ 199.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
AQUASKINS SURF BAG W/PLUGS, GEAR, 2 $ 300.00 3 MONTHS OLD
AQUASKINS EEL BAG 2 $ 50.00 3 MONTHS OLD
EPIRB - ARC. ELEC. RAPIDFIX 1 $ 900.00 3 MONTHS OLD
INFLATABLE LIFE VEST 2 $ 199.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
MEDICAL KIT 1 $ 599.00 3 MONTHS OLD
OFFSHORE FLARE KIT 1 $ 299.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
CHALLENGER ANTI-EXPOSURE COLD WEATHER SUIT 2 $ 400.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
LORANCE SONAR-GPS CHAARTPLOT 1 $ 700.00 1 YEAR
DAVIS INSTRUMENTS WEATHER RADIO 1 $ 200.00 2 YEARS OLD
SPERRY TOPSIDER FIGAWI SHOE 2 $ 79.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
SHIMANO TUNA JIGS -SHALLOW WATER 2 $ 399.00 1 YEAR
SHIMANO TUNA JIGS -DEEP WATER 1 $ 399.00 1 YEAR
FOLDING CAMP HAMMOCK 2 $ 150.00 3 MONTHS OLD
SLEEPING BAG WITH NO-SEEUM NETTTING 2 $ 75.00 1 YEAR
BUG OUT PANTS/SHIRT 2 $ 325.00 1 YEAR
FLOUROCARBON LEADER MATERIAL (25-150LB) 20 $ 450.00 LESS THAN 3 MONTHS
HOOKS (GAMO 1/0-12/0) 1000 $ 1,500.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
RIGGING KIT (KRIMPS, SWAGGERS, CLIPS, SWIVELS) 1000 $ 850.00 1 YEAR
BAIT RIGGING KITS 3 $ 125.00 1 YEAR
MANNS JIG KIT 1 $ 350.00 1 YEAR
BAIT KNIVES 4 $ 50.00 2 YEARS OLD
HOOK SHARPENERS 3 $ 25.00 2 YEARS OLD
MARINCO FLOOD LIGHT 1 $ 350.00 1 YEAR
PRINCETON HEADLAMP 1 $ 85.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
MAGMA GUNNEL ROD HOLDERS 4 $ 55.00 1 YEAR
MAGMA T-TOP ROD HOLDERS 4 $ 75.00 1 YEAR
PARATECH DROGUE PARACHUTE ANCHOR 1 $ 275.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
NIKON D80 DIGITAL CAMERA/CASE/TRIPOD/DRYBAG 1 $ 1,500.00 1 YEAR
YAMAHA - EXTRA PROP KIT 1 $ 350.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS G4 GUIDE WADERS 1 $ 700.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS G3 GUIDE WADING BOOTS 1 $ 200.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS WADER CARRY BAG 1 $ 40.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS WET WADER SOCKS 6 $ 15.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS SOLAR HAT 1 $ 40.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS WADING BACK SUPPORT 1 $ 50.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS WADING STAFF 1 $ 100.00 1 YEAR
ROD SLEAVES 12 $ 10.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS UV PROTECTION SHIRTS 3 $ 70.00 1 YEAR
SIMMS DRY PANTS 2 $ 55.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
SIMMS FLEECE PANTS 2 $ 99.00 3 MONTHS
AFTCO FLYING GAFF SET 1 $ 310.00 1 YEAR
STOWMASTER OFFSHORE FOLDING NET 1 $ 150.00 1 YEAR
SKB LARGE TACKLE STORAGE SYSTEM 2 $ 170.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
LEWMAR WINLASS 1 $ 1,100.00 3 MONTHS
NAVIGATION KIT-CHARTS, TOOLS, HAND COMPASS ETC... 1 $ 250.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
BLUE-CHIP EXPLORER CHARTS DATA CARD, READER, BURNER 1 $ 850.00 3 MONTHS
LLBEAN DOME TENT-4 PERSON 1 $ 275.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
DESALINATION KIT 1 $ 550.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
SCUBA
HENDERSON DIVE SKIN 3XL 1 $ 83.99 3 MONTHS
CANON 12 X 36 IS II BINOCULAR 1 $ 621.15 1 YEAR
LOWERPRO DRYZONE BACKPACK 1 $ 229.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
APOLLO BIO METAL PRO MASK 1 $ 300.00 3 MONTHS
FORCEFINS 1 $ 225.00 3 MONTHS
JBL TRAVEL MAGNUM COMBO SPEAR GUN 1 $ 299.00 3 MONTHS
SCUBA TITANIUM DIVE KNIFE 2 $ 125.00 3 MONTHS
OCEANIC ATOM DIVE COMPUTER 1 $ 625.00 1 YEAR
CARTER BOULDER LIFT BAG BALLOON 1 $ 475.00 3 MONTHS
FISH/ARTIFACT COLLECTOR BAG 1 $ 99.00 3 MONTHS
DIVE BOOTS 3 MIL NEOPRENE 1 $ 90.00 3 MONTHS
GUARDIAN 1ST AID KIT 1 $ 140.00 3 MONTHS
HENDERSON COLDCORE DIVE GLOVES 1 $ 60.00 3 MONTHS
OCEANIC PROBE BC W/QUICKLOCK WEIGHT SYST. 1 $ 550.00 3 MONTHS
ZEAGLE PONY EXTRA AIR 1 $ 350.00 3 MONTHS
ITEM DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE AGE
CLOTHES
MEPHESITO - SANDALS 1 $ 250.00 3 MONTHS
TOMMY BAHAMA SHIRTS 5 $ 125.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
TOMMY SANDALS 2 $ 225.00 3 MONTHS
TOMMY SHORTS 5 $ 75.00 3 MONTHS
SPERRY TOPSIDERS BILLFISH 3 EYE BOAT SHOE 1 $ 100.00 3 MONTHS
SPERRY TOPSIDERS SB70 GET WET SERIES 1 $ 90.00 3 MONTHS
MAUI JIM PERSCRIPTION SUN GLASSES 2 $ 600.00 2 YEARS OLD
MAUI JIM PERSCRIPTION SUN GLASSES (OLD) 2 $ 600.00 6 MONTHS
SILOUETTE PERSCRIPTION GLASSES 1 $ 500.00 6 MONTHS
SILOUETTE PERSCRIPTION GLASSES (old) 1 $ 500.00 2 YEARS OLD
ROLEX SUBMARINER 24K GOLD/STAINELSS 1 $ 9,000.00 5 YEARS
3 BOTTLES COLOGNE 3 $ 55.00 LESS THAN 24 HOURS OLD
SOCKS, UNDERWEAR,ELECTRIC SHAVER/TRIMMER/SHOWER BAG/GROOMING SUPPLIES 1 $ 350.00 LESS THAN 6 MONTHS
GOLD CHAIN W/FISH HOOK AND GOLD STRIPED BASS PENDANT 1 $ 425.00 1 MONTH OR LESS
MEDICAL DOGTAG NECKLACE - ASTHMA & DRUG ALERGIES 1 $ 1,000.00 1 YEAR OLD
GARMIN GPSMAP 478 1 $ 800.00 9 MONTHS
TRIO PALM PILOT 1 $ 400.00 1 YEAR
PERSCRIPTIONS, MEDICAL STUFF, SUN BLOCK ETC… NA $ 500.00 LESS THAN 3 MONTHS
APPLE IPOD 16GB 1 $ 399.00 3 MONTHS
BOSE SOUND DOCK FOR IPOD 1 $ 349.00 3 MONTHS
TOUGHBOOK CF-U1 PANASONIC LAPTOP 1 $3,000.00 LESS THAN 6 MONTHS
JW FISHER 8X HAND HELD METAL DETECTOR W/ACCESSORIES KIT 1 $ 3,500.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR
RAYMARINE C120 DISPLAY W/RADAR OVERLAY, CHARTPLOTTER, SONAR 1 $ 8,000.00 LESS THAN 1 YEAR

YES, I AM A COMPULSIVE SHOPPER. ADDICTION IS MY MIDDLE NAME

LOLOLLOLLOLOL.. I don't know why but the night vision goggles crack me up!

Sea Dangles
08-21-2015, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't expect Larry to understand the difference between addiction and a mental health problem. But At this point he should get the concept that his problem has become others problem,but not Larry's.Unfortunate situation for all involved but tragic for a boy who lost his Dad. Regardless if the money is recovered,the generosity of some will be remembered by all and a man who lost his marbles will hopefully find a cure.

bart
08-21-2015, 09:35 AM
I know it's easy for guys who Didn't lose 3weeks of artwork themselves to say forget it , or call the cops " who can't do a thing " I was very very close with Tony. Again if it wasn't my own work or for his son. I'd say give up or give it another 4/5months or 12 too. But some of us that got burned think it's been more than long enough to try any way possible at this point. Thanks Eb for getting it. The point was , if anyone see's or hears something break radio silence.

Then what are you waiting for?? Call the cops, as suggested in other posts in this thread. If the father, who I feel terrible for, can't come up with the money then getting the police involved is your only recourse short of taking matters into your own hands (which is not what I would suggest doing). It must be a chitty feeling to get burned in this way, but really, what else is there to do at this point?

BigFish
08-21-2015, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't expect Larry to understand the difference between addiction and a mental health problem. But At this point he should get the concept that his problem has become others problem,but not Larry's.Unfortunate situation for all involved but tragic for a boy who lost his Dad. Regardless if the money is recovered,the generosity of some will be remembered by all and a man who lost his marbles will hopefully find a cure.

Pretty sure I mentioned them each as their own entity so......pretty sure I know the difference Chris! Thanks for trying to toss stones though.....always a touch of class when Chris gets on board! He loves to make things personal!

Nebe
08-21-2015, 10:28 AM
The beast part about that insurance fraud list was that he justified it by saying that he had just picked up all of his belongings from his parents house in Jamestown before he went fishing. Then a few years goes by and he said his parents live in Swansea. :rtfm:

bart
08-21-2015, 10:30 AM
They shouldn't be mentioned as separate entities. In fact, they're usually one in the same. Substance abuse is considered a symptom of the mental health disease. People with mental health issues often self-medicate to ease the suffering their illness has brought upon them....

That's for another thread, though.

BigFish
08-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Oh so glad I am getting a lesson on mental health and addiction......so are we feeling bad for this guy?? Call the cops because he is a cheat or should you take him home, fluff up his pillow and make things better!! Its the choices we make in life and those 2 choices can be mutually exclusive! Mental health you don't have much of a choice there but addiction can be a life choice.....a path you choose!

Sea Dangles
08-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Somebody get Larry some meds.seems the coffee isn't cutting it.

BigFish
08-21-2015, 11:36 AM
I am addicted to coffee.:heybaby:

bassballer
08-21-2015, 02:18 PM
5 Tommy Bahama outfits!!! LOL

Nebe
08-21-2015, 02:29 PM
And cologne !

Rockport24
08-21-2015, 02:32 PM
what you mean you guys don't use night vision googles? lol

Sea Dangles
08-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Cologne is the kicker for me

BigFish
08-21-2015, 02:44 PM
There were Rolex watches too I think no??

bassballer
08-21-2015, 02:54 PM
what you mean you guys don't use night vision googles? lol

The night vision goggles make me spit out my drink everytime. Love it!!

tattoobob
08-21-2015, 03:53 PM
It's funny how everything is only 1 to 2 years old

This is a very sad thing that had happened and I feel really bed for all who was Involved

ThrowingTimber
08-21-2015, 04:03 PM
You couldnt fit that much gear on the #^&#^&#^&#^&ing helen h nevermind a 23 foot parker.

It blows that it didnt go right. suggestion from a former life as a dirty no good banker and trust account opening dude: Oh a check excellent, we'll call and verify funds.

If anything is done to correct the situation let me know I'm happy to make a donation.

Slipknot
08-21-2015, 07:25 PM
I thought we were not gong to pour gas on the flames :smash:

bassballer, I don't think that list was necessary I mean really? :stir:

Chris and Larry go to separate corners please

:deadhorse:

I feel bad for all involved, this thread is not the place to make matters worse I am pretty sure.
sorry to hear this news

Eben, do you know if Danya is aware that his gofundme page might be a black hole? I'm not sure why you would say that

Nebe
08-21-2015, 08:06 PM

Eben, do you know if Danya is aware that his gofundme page might be a black hole? I'm not sure why you would say that

I said "might" be a black hole. Reason is that it could be linked to Tony's old bank account. I was just voicing my concern.

Raider Ronnie
08-21-2015, 08:27 PM
There were Rolex watches too I think no??

I remember the Rolex watches.
It amazes me the guys insurance company didn't have him put away on ins fraud charges.

bassballer
08-21-2015, 09:47 PM
I thought we were not gong to pour gas on the flames :smash:

bassballer, I don't think that list was necessary I mean really? :stir:

Chris and Larry go to separate corners please

I feel bad for all involved, this thread is not the place to make matters worse I am pretty sure.
sorry to hear this news

Sorry, actually worked a full Friday and couldn't fish. Was going a little stir crazy.

redlite
08-21-2015, 11:01 PM
F the po po.
Call the westport mafia
They just found the last waste disposal clean up
But on a serious note heart breakin for all parties involved in every aspect of the situation.
Tony gave me a ride back from the inlet in the old isuzu trooper with the dented hood from eels heads to avoid a blazin thunder storm back in my young and dumb years ( yesterday)
Except the turd burglar that pulled the heist. No excuse as a human being. Call tartget 12 news people. Jr will be able to afford harvard. Hope things shake out

Slipknot
08-22-2015, 06:08 AM
I said "might" be a black hole. Reason is that it could be linked to Tony's old bank account. I was just voicing my concern.
Ok
I can send him a message asking but I bet he took care of it
Being concerned is a good thing

numbskull
08-24-2015, 06:43 AM
Mental health you don't have much of a choice there but addiction can be a life choice.....a path you choose!

Larry, you are WAY off base here.

Dick Durand
08-24-2015, 07:16 AM
And cologne !

Right. Real fishermen wear bunker oil.

Mike P
08-24-2015, 02:18 PM

$250 in Massachusetts. Larceny $250+ is a felony here.

RickBomba
08-25-2015, 11:46 AM
I remember the Rolex watches.
It amazes me the guys insurance company didn't have him put away on ins fraud charges.

Yeah,
When my claim for the ice damages came through, I had to create like a 50 page document to say that all of the money from the settlement went directly back into the house.

They also asked if I made major improvements on top of the damages (which I did)/ I only had 3 days to produce the receipts. Luckilly for me, I replaced the roof and all of the upstairs windows with new Harvey brand Argon filled models. They finally backed down after I produced all of the receipts.

What a pain, and I did things the right way.

Grampa Greg
08-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Any news?

GG