Guppy
08-21-2015, 03:01 PM
August 21, 2015
MarineFisheries Advisory

2015 Commercial Striped Bass Fishery Closed
Effective August 21, 2015

wdmso
08-21-2015, 03:11 PM
no more crowded ramps on Mondays till next year :)

Nebe
08-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Almost 900,000 pounds of fish that won't breed this winter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

blue oyster
08-21-2015, 04:22 PM
I read somewhere that 90% of striped bass sold is farm raised , when is the slaughter gonna end , fish numbers already in the tank :confused:

rphud
08-21-2015, 05:02 PM
Even considering all the "issues" I am thinking farm raised Striped Bass should be the norm.

redlite
08-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Sad and glad all at the same time. Will miss the checks but glad for the sleep and wife is already happy tonite for family time again. Lesson learned for all the ice fisherman that were smugglin em out of the big river this afternoon for the next day and didnt know yet. They gonna have lots of gift fish.
Now Im get ta shave and shower and sleep for a week

Fly Rod
08-22-2015, 09:06 AM

And make sure UUUU also count the 2 million stripers that recreational fishermen catch will not re produce either....:)

Latest stats that I could fine:

http://www.asmfc.org/uploads/file/AtlStripedBassStockAssessmentOverview_Oct2013.pdf

ProfessorM
08-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Lesson learned for all the ice fisherman that were smugglin em out of the big river this afternoon for the next day and didnt know yet. They gonna have lots of gift fish.

Yeah I watched those nit wits from across the way. Where were the fish police. Again they have no clue where to be.
Will miss bumping into you in the dark mike.

redlite
08-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Yeah I watched those nit wits from across the way. Where were the fish police. Again they have no clue where to be.
Oh now that the rat race is over and hopefully it will be less crowded ill make a few more appearances. Hopefully the fish will at the same time

Mike P
08-22-2015, 11:03 AM

There was one at the bulkhead in Sandwich in the evening. Guy had to weigh well over 300 lbs and waddled when he walked. Got out of his truck, walked over to a guy fishing with his kid on the bulkhead, did a license check, and waddled back to his truck and drove out of the lot. There were still well over 50 guys fishing the Cape side. but he never opened the gate and drove the road.

ivanputski
08-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Just saw guys in rhode island emptying a commercial fish trap... What happens to the bass they remove today?

Sea Dangles
08-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Just saw guys in rhode island emptying a commercial fish trap... What happens to the bass they remove today?

Um, MA is closed

ProfessorM
08-22-2015, 01:03 PM
There was one at the bulkhead in Sandwich in the evening. Guy had to weigh well over 300 lbs and waddled when he walked. Got out of his truck, walked over to a guy fishing with his kid on the bulkhead, did a license check, and waddled back to his truck and drove out of the lot. There were still well over 50 guys fishing the Cape side. but he never opened the gate and drove the road.

It is crazy Mike. I have no confidence in any of them. They let it happen right under their noses. Everyone and their mothers know it is happening and they are no where to be found. A total joke.

Clammer
08-22-2015, 01:22 PM
&&&&&&&&& DO you think the other coastal states are any better ............. excluding Maine ......... they put their Fish & game on the top of the list ><>,

MakoMike
08-22-2015, 02:26 PM

They sell them! :hihi: The season for the fish trap guys rarely closes, they have special regs and almost never reach their quota.

Sea Dangles
08-22-2015, 03:10 PM
RI doesn't do too bad with enforcement compared to MA

tysdad115
08-22-2015, 05:01 PM
RI doesn't do too bad with enforcement compared to MA

They even enforce MA regs !

Mike P
08-22-2015, 07:30 PM
It is crazy Mike. I have no confidence in any of them. They let it happen right under their noses. Everyone and their mothers know it is happening and they are no where to be found. A total joke.

Paul, I swear, if this guy ever had to climb down the rocks to check someone, they'd need a crane to get him back up to the road. How can they let a blob like him represent the Department, wearing their uniform?

ecduzitgood
08-22-2015, 08:52 PM
It's a good thing that the size limit ensures that they have already spawned/bred.

Clammer
08-22-2015, 09:35 PM
I grew up with a kid that got arrested for inpersonating a police officer .His father was a [sheriff] & he took his uniform & was pulling over girls .

jump 4 or 6 years .... all of a sudden he,s a DEM officer ............................ had to push 250+ when he got on the division . stayed on the job long enough to retire ..... & of course was alot bigger ............I don,t think he ever made a arrest .............. I know he never went to the academy /not sure if he even qualified at the range.

he did fish hard ........ mostly buckies & spinner & worm ............ & had a good handle on the east bay ........ I believe that was his patrol most of this time of the job <<. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo do you know <><.:walk:

Linesider82
09-01-2015, 01:11 AM
OTW reporting comm season reached its quota
Funny that the quota was reached on the same day as proposed closure? http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dmf/laws-and-regulations/commercial-regulations/

which means a big overage?

seadogg
09-01-2015, 05:58 AM
The Division of Fisheries site claims the quota is at 98.8%. I wonder if they'll open it for a few days until it's reached. They did that a few years back, opening on consecutive Sundays.