View Full Version : Trying to move up

bassballer
09-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Boats out for a soft sale right now. Just trying to gage the market. Not ready for the tire kickers yet. Got the itch for an express after being on a buddy's. Got the offshore bug. If anyone knows anyone looking it's a 220 sailfish 2013.

Guppy
09-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Oh no! Can u tell me if the market will come back soon? LOL

Hope to be down that way soon, luv to take a look.
Int. boat show also

bassballer
09-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Anytime. Im at goat island marina.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
09-02-2015, 10:06 PM
I was admiring her today.

Ps. My sister just got a job on that 100 foot Choy lee 100 at the end of B dock. :hihi:

bassballer
09-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Wow good for her. Sweet boat. How about infinity over at the shipyard!

Nebe
09-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Wow good for her. Sweet boat. How about infinity over at the shipyard!
Infinity must describe the money needed to purchase and maintain a rig like that. Jen and I were trying to guess how many crew work on her. The Choy Lee only needs 3, or possibly 4 when I go out on crew only fish hunting trips before the owner arrives. :hihi:

iamskippy
09-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Hey BB what color is your boat?

bassballer
09-04-2015, 07:07 AM
its a beige color. Dark Beige in the sun, looks grey in low light. Really nice. get a lot of compliments on the color.

bassballer
09-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Boat shows as new. 300 hours. Extended warranty on a new merc 150 four stroke

Does not come with tracks or waypoints!!!!!!!

iamskippy
09-04-2015, 07:52 AM
its a beige color. Dark Beige in the sun, looks grey in low light. Really nice. get a lot of compliments on the color.

Cool the reason i was asking was i was chasing funny fish thought it was you just didnt know the color.

bassballer
09-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Was it?

piemma
09-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Jay's boat is absolutely mint. If I didn't have the Lady Jeanne, I'd buy it.

bassballer
09-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Thanks Paul, I love the boat. Perfect for what I do now. Looking to expand my range. Overnight canyon trips, ect. Just time for something bigger. Either a Big CC or an express is in the future.

zacs
09-04-2015, 11:41 AM
so i have been fishing a ton on a buddy's express, so I know exactly where you are coming from. But I don't think i could ever give up the inshore fun of a smaller center console. Best world is if you can get your fix on your buddy's boat, and still keep yours...

Van
09-04-2015, 12:03 PM
so i have been fishing a ton on a buddy's express, so I know exactly where you are coming from. But I don't think i could ever give up the inshore fun of a smaller center console. Best world is if you can get your fix on your buddy's boat, and still keep yours...

Or just keep it and buy the express. Best of both worlds.
At one point I owned 2 boats and an inflatable.

bassballer
09-04-2015, 12:44 PM
thinking of 2 boats but can't keep a brand new one. Might go back to an older seacraft 20. But have a 30' rampage with a tower in my radar right now. We'll see.

Sea Dangles
09-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Every timeI want to move up I end up wondering why. I love the ability to fish near or far on a mid size cc. The offshore thing doesn't work for me with the kids being young as it is usually a long trip. I am lucky to be invited offshore often enough to get my fix,just spent Tuesday night in W Atlantis. I can go south and troll, chase bluefin on Stellwagon, just a lot of options to give up.

iamskippy
09-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Was it?

Nope was a baby blue color. Guy was trying to chase funny fish and kept getting mugged by a moron in a small CC. Guy finally smartened up and was watching me point to the fish that i couldn't reach from the jetty, and started to,do well for himself.

piemma
09-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Or just keep it and buy the express. Best of both worlds.
At one point I owned 2 boats and an inflatable.

I have often thought about doing just that. I killed all chances of doing it after I spent $60K on a 1000 sq ft garage for my boat and tractor. Garage has 16' ceilings so the T-top fits no problem. It's worth it as I get to play with the boat all winter.

Garage is insulated, tons of lights and a wood stove. Saturdays are a blast in the winter working on the boat and drinking wine. :)

MakoMike
09-05-2015, 04:43 PM
thinking of 2 boats but can't keep a brand new one. Might go back to an older seacraft 20. But have a 30' rampage with a tower in my radar right now. We'll see.

Slampages are nice boats if you don't push them too fast. Also look for older Blackwatch, Blackfin or Topaz. (full disclosure - I have a Blackwatch)

bassballer
09-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Yeah I have a Freind with a 29 combi. Keep offering him a deal for it but won't sell. Love that boat.

Nebe
09-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Duffy. I was drooling over C-Dawg this morning.

MakoMike
09-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Yeah I have a Freind with a 29 combi. Keep offering him a deal for it but won't sell. Love that boat.

I used to fish a lot on a 29 combi, great boat.Friend of mine had one and we used to alternate which boat we would take on offshore trips.

bassballer
09-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Duffy. I was drooling over C-Dawg this morning.

Daves boat is ridiculous.