09-14-2015, 02:03 AM
Couldn't agree more

tysdad115
09-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Agreed !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso
09-14-2015, 10:47 AM
I got my love from fishing from my Uncle Pete It was something I looked forward to more than anything .. Nothing against my Dad but he was in the navy and doing the navy thing , but what i find odd My cousin (uncles son) does not fish ? and my son could careless about fishing but my daughter enjoys it .. fishing is a great bonding experience . sadly sometimes it doesn't last into adult hood

ProfessorM
09-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Good one Dave. Great to see your post. Hope all is well. I am keeping a good eye on your favorite CC spot. Any chance you are coming up this fall?

justplugit
09-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks P. Carol just had knee surgery and my Sister
is not doing well, so it will be hit or miss this fall. :(
A day rarely goes by I don't think of the spot and the
bass swimming around your boots.
Hope all is well with you and the family too. :)

ProfessorM
09-14-2015, 08:22 PM
All good here Dave. Very busy. Can't believe my daughter entered high school this year. How the time fly's. Tell the wife I said hi and hope the recovery goes well. Sorry to here about your sis. if you don't make it up this fall fall it will be there next year. Great hearing from you.

5/0
09-14-2015, 09:11 PM
My wife showed me that Sunday on crack book and I laughed ,on how real it is.. My son still fishes with me "when it works for him" as a junior in college, my daughter who is a junior in high school just got her license this past Saturday, who loves to fish with me when it's convenient for her, gotta love girls.

massbassman
09-15-2015, 10:30 AM
I agree with ya gotta love the girls Bob. My 9 yr old daughter loves to fish! Her twin brother, who is nuts about sports, wants nothing to do with fishing. Guess the egg split a little weird there. I woke my daughter up at 3 am two weeks ago to go fishing on my brother in laws boat. She bounded out of bed, grinning from ear to ear, and couldn't wait to get on the road. It was about an 1 1/2 hr ride to our destination, and we had some really funny conversations and laughs, and belted a few tunes out.
She got rewarded with a PB 38" striper she reeled in herself, screaming and laughing the whole time!
Topped off with lunch, and she slept on the way home and I swear she had a grin on the whole way. One of my favorite days spent together.

5/0
09-15-2015, 06:08 PM
I agree with ya gotta love the girls Bob. My 9 yr old daughter loves to fish! Her twin brother, who is nuts about sports, wants nothing to do with fishing. Guess the egg split a little weird there. I woke my daughter up at 3 am two weeks ago to go fishing on my brother in laws boat. She bounded out of bed, grinning from ear to ear, and couldn't wait to get on the road. It was about an 1 1/2 hr ride to our destination, and we had some really funny conversations and laughs, and belted a few tunes out.
She got rewarded with a PB 38" striper she reeled in herself, screaming and laughing the whole time!
Topped off with lunch, and she slept on the way home and I swear she had a grin on the whole way. One of my favorite days spent together.

Priceless...funny how they are frail but hold the cords to our hearts... We are as strong as our weakest link which is us,haha!
Good times buddy thanks for sharing!

Jimbo
09-16-2015, 12:21 PM
I can sure relate to this thread. Most of the pictures we have around the house of my daughters (now 19 and 25) and me are of us fishing, but that was over ten years ago. Not so much anymore. First it was hair and nails that were more important, then boys. Both claim their boyfriends are avid fishermen, I know one is right. A couple weeks ago I was unloading my truck after a month on the Cape. I had six rods leaning against my fence by the driveway. Younger one's bf shows up, makes some small talk and grabs one of my spinners. He's holding it out in front of himself, upside down with the reel on top. "Mister B, you got some nice stuff here. I could do some real damage with a setup like this." I said, "Well let's not damage anything with the rod, OK?" No sooner do I get the words out of my mouth he makes a mock cast, with his hands at the very end of the rod handle like he was holding a baseball bat, over does it and smacks the rod tip down on my driveway knocking the porcelain piece out of the tip. Without missing a beat he says, "Wow, this baby's got some nice action, maybe I could borrow it sometime." "Yeeeaaaah, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon."

ProfessorM
09-16-2015, 02:03 PM
LOL

tysdad115
09-16-2015, 03:06 PM
These good memories never end.
And they go from that to this way too fast...

fishrick
09-17-2015, 06:48 AM
Its all good. I have five, good memories of all, youngest needs promise of "action", then he's all in. Oldest, when he gets time, will spend the entire day and night if he can. Now working on the grandkids, several have real promise, but far away (NC and NY). Took second oldest for first night "surf" outing, and had a great time, so much fun lost track of time and didn't return until 3am!