View Full Version : pump saga continues

blue oyster
09-19-2015, 07:21 PM
i changed out my live well pump on wed. with 1 that I had kicking around , it made a little noise when replaced (only a couple weeks left in season , deal with it in spring) , I tested it in the garage worked fine , I installed it on wed. it sounded like a coffee grinder , somehow the p.v.c. housing it sits in is warped , impella hitting bottom , pulled it out a hair and locked it down , worked great . went out today and on my second string of macks pump dies , did the bucked brigade but even the bucket broke :wall:

nightfighter
09-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Since you stated in the other thread that you fish live bait almost exclusively and use a pump all the time, I would suggest stepping up in class. You get what you pay for. I am on the third year with a Johnson 5 gpm pump, and picked up a Shurflo 3.5 gpm as a spare when West Marine had them on sale. Y valve so I can use it as a washdown pump as well.

BEETLE
09-19-2015, 08:07 PM
I miss having a boat

blue oyster
09-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Since you stated in the other thread that you fish live bait almost exclusively and use a pump all the time, I would suggest stepping up in class. You get what you pay for. I am on the third year with a Johnson 5 gpm pump, and picked up a Shurflo 3.5 gpm as a spare when West Marine had them on sale. Y valve so I can use it as a washdown pump as well.

I am definitely gonna up grade just trying to get through this season , I just don't want to mess with the through hull fittings with the boat in the water , with my luck something will snap and it will look like the fountains at belligio , till the boat sinks

piemma
09-21-2015, 09:45 AM

I did the same thing Ross. Really nice to wash down right after the boat gets bloody.

PRBuzz
09-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Did you have the other 2 Stooges with you? ;) Great story and sorry for your PAIN! :) :)

blue oyster
09-25-2015, 07:39 PM
put the last new pump in yesterday hope it lasts the next couple of weeks , will change out system in spring