View Full Version : New Guy In Town

teaser
07-23-2003, 08:14 PM
I'd just like to hello to all out there and hope to jump in on a few conversations from time to time, I'm new to this board and what I've read so far I am impressed! Finally people who understand a guys main purpose in life is to fish! Well hope to be welcomed here and enjoy a little conversation from time to time, keep the lines wet!

Notaro
07-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the board. What kind of fish do you target?

charger
07-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the board, cast an extra line for me.
" Married with three kids and a long list"

teaser
07-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Hello Joseph, mostly I target the silver and black but I'm not too fusy as I'll fish for anything with fins and swims. don't worry ... divers are safe, they're too hard to fillet! How about you, what's your preference?
Steve

Notaro
07-23-2003, 08:32 PM
silver and black? divers? are you a spearfisherman? stripers, blues, flukes, scups, and blackseabass. i prefer stripers and blues most of time.

teaser
07-23-2003, 08:36 PM
That's the guys that I'm out there hunting for most of the time, my favorites being the big blues for the awesome fight, but not putting the strpiers down for there series of runs that'll make your arm feel like jello before you get them in the boat. My favorite spots are all out by the islands, how about you/ Oh, no I'm not a spearfisherman, hook and line for me!

Steve

Notaro
07-23-2003, 08:39 PM
that's cool. i dont hunt though. i never hunted before. i liked blues a tad better than striper because they will bite at anything you can offer them. i loved hitting them on the plugs. orange color are killer in may-june. maybe we should hook up on the shore or boat soon. :D

Clammer
07-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Welcome & enjoy the site
good people here:D :happy: :D

teaser
07-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Sounds good to me Joseph, and how ya doin clamdigger? Thanks for the welcome aboard. I usually get out on the weekends on my boat but a trip after 5 isn't unheard of either.

Steve

Notaro
07-23-2003, 08:46 PM
night fishing? i would like to do that one again...except for the horseshore flies :( . not to my family. they think that it's dangerous to fish at night. i told them that it's dangerous if you dont know ur own spot and forget to bring the essential safety gears.

teaser
07-23-2003, 08:55 PM
haven't done much of that from the boat (night fishing) but I am fully equipped on my vessel. I carry 2 of everything ... just in case 1 doesn't work I have another. I also have what I consider to be the best gps on the market, the garmin series with the bluechart chip. Finding your way couldn't get any easier!

Steve

KLMulder
07-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Welcome teaser!!!

teaser
07-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks KLMulder, I'm glad to be aboard! Seems like quite a few great people on here!

Steve

Slingah
07-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Welcome teaser:D

teaser
07-23-2003, 09:46 PM
hello to you slingah! Thanks for the welcome! How's the striper fishing in the cape? Its been good here as of late, they're getting bigger now.

steve

Slingah
07-23-2003, 09:51 PM
I live in Hull.South Shore area.Cape fishing is okay.I surfcast.Have rods will travel:D

Clammer
07-23-2003, 10:00 PM
Don,t fish weekend ,don,t fish days this time of year around here //////////////
might do afluke trip for kicks & giggles

Bernzy
07-23-2003, 10:05 PM
:wave: :wavey:

Bernzy

Raven
07-23-2003, 10:39 PM
I sorta grew up in Mattapoisett and then went out to California
and all points west to travel and see the rest of America for a number of years but now i am returning to my roots so to speak and spend a good deal of time fishing both fresh and saltwater
where as, presently i live more inland where the work is for now. I am however looking to move closer to the Ocean again though.

Its allot of fun here! and informative with a great bunch of fishermen and Ladies too... We all contribute in our own way.

As a member of Striped-Bass.com you get a discount at M&D's bait shop in Wareham on route 6. Mike CC runs it with his lovely wife and has one hell of a shop. You also can get a good deal on a Notaro Action figure complete with its own vile of flesh eating bacteria and some sort of spleen weapon i heard too. :D

Again WELCOME .....:laughs:

BigFish
07-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Welcome Teaser...nice to meet you. Raven is correct, the only outlet in this area for the Notaro action figure is M&D's. I got mine with the jetty fishing playset. Little korkers, long handled landing net and raingear. The best part is....it's fully poseable and you can change the outfits quickly. From jetty fisherman to the barbeque set...I got it all. :hihi: :laugha: :biglaugh: Just kidding Notaro...having a little fun. Seriously Teaser, welcome to the board. Lots O' fun here, as you have no doubt seen. Enjoy.

Mr. Kav
07-24-2003, 06:38 AM
welcome aboard this is a nice site , you will enjoy it.

MountainBreeze
07-24-2003, 06:54 AM
Welcome Steve! Another guy who's "got the blues." Gotta' love the fight! ;)

Tight Lines,
Rob

BTW:
Maybe we can get NilsC to tell us about the 21+lb blue he caught in his yak' last weekend! :eek:

BigFish
07-24-2003, 06:57 AM
A 21 pound bluefish from a kayak and this is the first we have heard of it? Come on NilsC give it up. We want details.:uhuh:

HighTide
07-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Welcome aboard Teaser, hope you enjoy the boards!:bounce:

Yeah Nils, Details!!!

MountainBreeze
07-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Ok, since Nils is not near a puter' most of this week I'll tell ya' what I know and he can fill in the rest - Although it is best if you see him tell it in person! Just can't make the eyes BUG OUT like he does! :laughs:

Any way... As I hear it... He was paddlin' his T-160, trolllin' a TnW on one rod and had a white Ledgerunner on the other. (You should see what that Ledgerunner looks like now!) So, he hooks up with a striper on the TnW and handles it. Then he figures he should bring the rubba' in to see if it needs cleanin'. So, he grabs the rod and starts crankin' it in, good and fast. Then... WHAM!

He can describe the fight, or clear up anything I "made up" ...

But, he said that when he got the fish to the side of the yak (here's where his eyes BUG OUT) that the head on that blue looked like a big striper! :eek: He put the Boga on it and raised it up, over his head. (He is like 6'4".) He looks at the scale and sees 21+lbs! But, then he looks down at the tail and sees it's still in the water!!! (Buggy eyes again!) :eek:

Since he's not into having blues chompin' on the gems , he let it go without a measure or true weight. But it was a goodin'! :D

Bliz
07-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Welcome aboard!...

I'm the conceptual artist for the Notaro action figure... flesh eating bacteria sold separately, brains not included!...

(Just kidding Notaro)

You will meet some of New England's and Indiana's Finest on this site, and you'll learn many things...

Some that you won't want to repeat!... :laughs:

Notaro
07-24-2003, 04:55 PM
ooh, you, raven... when are you free for fishing? i want to give you a present...:ss: :devil: :devil2:

teaser, i might be free next week. maybe we can hook up?

NilsC
07-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Teaser,

nice to meet you... did they tell you about the Notaro doll special sale going on?.... ops that was another tread.

As for the bluefish... It was as Rob said..... SCARY, I have never seen a blue that big. I seen 12lb blue and that was big, and this one was a lot bigger.

I was in the yak just cranking to get the ledgerunner in, so fast that it was popping on top of the water when I had first one hit that took the tail of and then less than a second later I had fish on. I was not prepared and the fish took the bait less than 15' from the yak and with the tip pointing to my left I almost tipped the yak.
I had a nice "Nantucket sleigh ride" for 25 - 30 min and ended up 1/2 mile down the coast with the bluefish right next to the yak. It was big, I almost cut the line without trying to see how big it was (all the stories of fingercutting had me scared...).

I got the Rappala scale/grip on it and was lifting it out of the water (still sitting down in the yak) looking at the scale it said 21lb. I looked down to see how long it was and the tail was still in the water. Had no safe way of transporting it and I was not gonna put it in the yak between my legs........... ouch so I took the pliers and removed the hook and let it go.

The really funny part is the guys in the boat that said I shoud have enterd it in the competition for a boat... they were pissed because I released it. I don't eat bluefish and my father said if you kill it you eat it... I never went skunk hunting again or kept a bluefish.

Teaser, sorry for hijacking your tread......... Rob made me do it...:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Nils:cool:

Raven
07-24-2003, 06:19 PM
notaro! i do have a birthday comin up real soon .... Do i get to shake the box?:confused:

hey did ya hear : ...the origional gi joe sold for -> and get this:

$600,000.00 dollars !!
gee, i'm gonna encase my Notaro action figure in a bullet proof glass display case and hopefully i'll be able to sell it on ebay someday and retire.....:rolleyes:

blackeye
07-24-2003, 06:46 PM
you can keep your gi joe-I bought the worlds largest french fry last week on ebay $$300

teaser
07-24-2003, 08:45 PM
I'd just like to thank the following guys for the welcome aboard, just so you's didn't think I was ignoring you's. Thanks to Bernzy, Raven, Big Fish, Mr. Kan, Mtn Brz 1, High Tide, Bliz, and NilsC. One heck of a welcome abord list! Hope to actually get to meet some of the people on this board in the future, everyone sounds like they know how to have fun.

Steve:cool:

Clammer
07-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Teaser Thats @#$%^&^ FUN @@@@@:cool: :cool:

teaser
07-24-2003, 09:07 PM
gotcha, hope I can spell that right next time!

Notaro
07-24-2003, 11:08 PM
raven, how do you want me to send you a gift?:rolleyes: :devil2:

GBOUTDOORS
07-25-2003, 06:44 AM
Welcome aboard Teaser
Dartmouth you say, NO. ,SO, or village? I am now in Fairhaven but did lots of fishing out of and in Padanaram Harbor. You in the water or trailering? Goose here loves to launch out of the harbor and then go fish my spots:af: before I get there:smash: :smash: . But thats ok he keeps all the little guys off my hooks;) and leaves the large for me. By the way Goose great tides this week end!!!!! I will be out Fri. at 3:00

Bliz
07-25-2003, 07:43 AM
Nice Bass Greg!... What did she weigh?...

WELCOME BACK!!!!

Hope all went well with the wedding! :)

teaser
07-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Hey GBOUTDOORS NICE fish!
I trailer my boat as I live in No. Dartmouth.
I see the islands behind you in the pic, but sunset doesn't give enough detail of where.
Where abouts in Fairhaven are you, do you trailer or are you in the water?
You'll have to let me know how it was out there today, I won't be out there until Sunday around 4 a.m.
Well thanks for the welcome aboard and hope to talk to you soon.

Steve

JohnR
07-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Welcome to S-B

Don't let GB fool ya, he's fishing Dorchester Bay :D

shore manic
07-25-2003, 08:30 PM
great people around here!!! now let's see this is the first i heard of the notaro action figure. what gives? did you guys get to test them out before they went on the market?? what no weapons for hunting? just martial arts!:laughs:

GBOUTDOORS
07-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Thanks Don the wedding was GREAT and all went well. Nice to have some time again to our selves. You up for a night or two out next week?
Teaser I trailer and live in No. Fairhaven and no that fish came from your back yard not the islands. With the weather being what it has I have stayed on the mainland side most of the season. But that is about to change now with more time to fish. Hope to see you out there soon.

redcrbbr
07-26-2003, 06:27 PM
another southcoaster, good to see it

welcome to the site teaser..some really great folks here:)

You also can get a good deal on a Notaro Action figure complete with its own vile of flesh eating bacteria and some sort of spleen weapon i heard too.

raven....your certifiable no doubt.:laughs:

NEXT2NUN
07-26-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey Teaser, I'm from Dartmouth too. 21' Hydra-Sports "DASH". See ya at the ramp.

teaser
07-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey GBOUTDOORS, I don't think anyone will be going out tommorrow with the wind at 25 knots and seas 5-8 feet. I was planning a 4:00 a.m. trip until I caught the marine forecast, looks like I'll be doing the honey-do list instead! I'll see you out there yet though and introduce myself, I have a 22' c.c. Quest made by 4 winns and it has Quest in 15" letters on the side...you can't miss it so you'll know its me.

Thanks for the welcome redcrbbr!

Hey NEXT2NUN where abouts in Dartmouth? I live near Buttonwood. I won't be visiting the ramp tommorrow with the great weather we're in for, oh well maybe Monday.

Steve

kippy
07-27-2003, 07:45 AM
Welcome aboard teaser! There are alot of great people on this board who are very knowledgable (tactics, not spots) :laughs:

NEXT2NUN
07-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Check PM

GBOUTDOORS, looks like Barneys to me

teaser
07-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the advice NEXT2NUN, forget about the security part.

Thanks for the welcome aboard kippy, you are right great bunch of guys here!