View Full Version : Wetsuits, what is everyone using these days?

Surf Caster
09-20-2015, 05:27 PM
My xcel infiniti 6/5 is getting a bit "worn" and doesn't smell so great. I've been wearing this suit (chest zip, built in hood) for 3 or 4 years now. I'm curious what you guys all wear?

I tried on a hyper flex cyclone, but it was very tight in certain areas and loose in others so I'm not sold its for me.

Would love any feedback on any suits you guys like/dislike.

seadogg
09-20-2015, 07:10 PM
I have an x-cel and a rip curl. I use the x when it's a little cooler out. I surfed when I got into wetsuit fishing so it worked out great. I think surf suits are a good choice. They're designed with movement in mind, and the good ones keep you warm when you need it. Both my suits are chest zip.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

chefchris401
09-21-2015, 10:05 AM
neosport x span 3 and 5 mm fullsuits

NRS farmer john grizzly 3mm

henderson aqualoc 3mm fullsuit, by far the best suit i own and the most expensive

ivanputski
09-21-2015, 12:32 PM
xcel 5/4mm Explorer (formerly known as the SLX)

I bought the Hyperflex cyclone2 5/4 and returned it... was way thin (no way it was 5/4 mm as advertised)
and baggy under the armpits while fitting perfectly everywhere else.

Linesider82
09-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Henderson aqualoc 5/4 great suit. $$$$ tho

Straight 5 neosport, 140 bucks. It serves it purpose but it not as flexible or comfortable as the Henderson. I rotate the two to get into something dry.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

chrisjoe13
09-22-2015, 08:05 AM
xcel 5/4mm Explorer (formerly known as the SLX)

I bought the Hyperflex cyclone2 5/4 and returned it... was way thin (no way it was 5/4 mm as advertised)
and baggy under the armpits while fitting perfectly everywhere else.

I also got the Hyperflex Cyclone 5/4 this season (fairly inexpensive).
Its the only suit I've worn since...because it is so thin.
Plenty warm so far (haven't needed a top over it yet), the most flexible
suit that I own, and dries extremely fast. Some of the newer
neoprenes do not need to be thick in order to be warm.
(also have Hyperflex Amp 3 5/4/3, Hyperflex Flow 4/3 and Henderson Thermoprene 7mm)