View Full Version : Big Porbeagle

BEETLE
09-21-2015, 04:23 AM
Just saw on the news, a former co-worker and friend, Mike Evenson, landed a 483 pound Porbeagle, coming up just shy of the 495 # State record (he had record in 2007 with a 455)
Good job Mike !

beamie
09-21-2015, 12:30 PM
It was a nice fish. I cut it up for Mike after it was weighed by the marine biologist. They took all kinds of data measurements on the organs. Too bad it wasn't 16 more pounds. Would have made a new state record. He was lucky to get it. On tuna gear with no wire. Fluorocarbon leader between the teeth I guess. And with two young kids as crew that he obviously didn't want to get hurt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MakoMike
09-21-2015, 02:54 PM
That's a big beagle!

BEETLE
09-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Texted Mike early this morning. He did not know it made WCVB news, I sent him the link to the webcast so he could see it.
With his two young kids as crew he was able to land the fish, harpoon it, tried to get it aboard then decided to tow it back to port :1poke:
There was nobody he knew close enough to come over and help him.
Sounds like his kids already have skills (9Yr. old son - 12yr. old daughter) He said they handled it well and followed his direction perfectly, he was very proud of that. :claps:

niko
09-21-2015, 08:01 PM
That's a stud porbeagle
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device