View Full Version : A Bad day fishing beats a good day working?

JFigliuolo
09-21-2015, 07:49 AM
I was up in Maine for 2 weeks on vacation, get back and decide to go fishin LAST, to make a long story short, I need a sensor for my motor. I order it, it comes in Friday PM. Friday night, get home from work (planning on fishing Sat AM). Sit down and SLAM my little toe on the coffee table. Pretty sure it’s broken.
Get up sat AM. Toe hurts like a MF’er, but F‘it, I’m going. Get to the boat to find I left a switch on and aux battery is almost dead…. Nice.
Take 45 min replacing the sensor as it’s location was a PIA to get to and the low light make the 10 min job a exercise in frustration. Get it replaced. Get the engine started and the aux battery appears to be taking a charge… THAT was the best part of the day.

Oh, I should back up…. So seeing as it’s early in the AM, no gas docks is open, seeing as it’s not VERY early, I don’t risk smuggling gas. So I’ve got ½ tank. For me, being up in Warwick, the plan of going down to PJ and farther for hardtails is out. On the way down I stopped and got a gallon of crabs. Which was really more like 3 qts… which were 30% dead. Thanks.

Back to the story. It’s foggy as F&^% so I decide to stop close to Tog until the fog lifts. I anchor up. Another boat must have loved my music cause he gets CLOSE. Again… Thanks.

After a bit I want to shift my position so I retrieve my anchor… Or so I try, about half way up in gets HEAVY. I think I’m on a pot. I pull making small gains, smaller and smaller as I gets close. As I get to my chain, it stops. For the next 30 min I fight making inches. I can see the anchor is hooked on a rope that must be secured at both ends. I cleat it off and try to make more progress with the engine… nope not happening. I can see the rope but am about 8 inches too far to cut it. I cleat off the anchor and TRY to fasten a knife to a pole to cut it. That works about as good as you might expect. 45 minutes into this I strip down, jump in and cut it loose. YES!!!!!

I get back in the boat, and pull up the anchor… NO, I pull up the chain as the shackle had JUST come undone. Thanks again!

Oh, and my sweatshirt that WAS going to be my towel goes in the drink.

So togging is out. After the fog lifts I say F’it I’ll run out and try for some late season fluke. Well that sucked.
After the tide turns I call it a day. Stop at Dave’s to pick op some stuff for dinner (did I mention my toes was broken?) Well that’s starting to hurt… Then it starts to REALYY F’ING HURT when some kid dancing in line bumps into me and SLAMS MY TOE!!!!! I go through the roof. I can’t be sure but I’m confident that everyone within a mile radius had to cover their ears…. WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Anyway, I think I hate to say it… I would have rather been at work 

Raven
09-21-2015, 08:46 AM
hope you have some better days
if you stubbin your toe after returning from Maine
that might have indicated vacation fatigue (drivin)
-------
i know ....because i've been doing that myself
you simply don't have the coordination as when well rested

piemma
09-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Joe, I hate to say it but I'm LMAO!!!:rotf3:

Rob Rockcrawler
09-21-2015, 09:55 AM
I was waiting for ONE good thing to come out of your day. Not meant to be i guess. There is always tomorrow.

Clammer
09-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Don,t anyone say I,m a Fuster Cluck .Joe just beat me hand s down ............ I saw you were out that >>< >>> is what phones are for .........................graplings really work ?????? .........so does running all the way to the end of the pot line ......... you can then -either drag it close or can get it a bit higher at the pot ><>:hidin:

JFigliuolo
09-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Don,t anyone say I,m a Fuster Cluck .Joe just beat me hand s down ............ I saw you were out that >>< >>> is what phones are for .........................graplings really work ?????? .........so does running all the way to the end of the pot line ......... you can then -either drag it close or can get it a bit higher at the pot ><>:hidin:

I tried running the line as best I could... And you are correct Sat I was a TRAINWRECK!

Clammer
09-21-2015, 11:30 AM
WTF do I have to tow you around .or just send photos of what fish look like ><><><>:lurk:

bobber
09-21-2015, 11:35 AM
shame you didn't film all that.... woulda been funny to watch (in a perverse kinda way)

chris L
09-21-2015, 04:45 PM
So how was Maine ? Thats 2 weeks of fun #^&#^&#^&#^& as opposed to 1 day of horror .

Some times we have to have bad days to know what a good day is !