View Full Version : Boat Electrical

JohnnySaxatilis
10-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Hey fellas, long time no talk hope you're all well. So Ive had the privilege of using my bosses boat this summer from time to time. Its a 24ft scout cc, and its a great boat. Except almost nothing electrical works on it. No running lights, bait-well, gas gauge, music or speedometer. Luckily the important things work, bilge, tachometer, and depth finder. The guys who own it don't use it enough to care frankly, but id really like to get everything running tip top for next season as a thank you for being so generous with me using it. Is there anyone around the cape area that you guys recommend or anyone here that could help? Thanks

Johnny

zacs
10-01-2015, 01:14 PM
it is so easy to DIY, you would be crazy to pay someone $80+/hr to do it.
Unless your free time is worth way more and you have the money, I guess.

Guppy
10-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Mine was a real rats nest when I bought it, not all that difficult if you have the time. Did most of it under the shrink wrap in the winter with a heater.
Pm me if you like, u can come by, take a look, may help

O.D. Mike
10-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Run!!!!!

niko
10-01-2015, 04:51 PM
When in doubt - rip it out. I am pretty fussy about wiring nowadays- when I hit a switch I want something to happen. Electrical problems make me loose my mind
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
10-01-2015, 05:30 PM
I can help you out.

JohnnySaxatilis
10-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks gents, I'm not really experienced but I'd love to tackle it as a winter project. This gives me a little motivation for sure, Andy and guppy thank you I'll be in touch. I think they usually take it out of the water at the end of the month so I'll keep you posted

JamesJet
10-01-2015, 10:20 PM
One of my best friends is mobile marine mechanic and could do it if ya don't want to go the DIY route. As someone mentioned its about what your time is worth.