Pats -v- Jets
Scout Popcorn
Looks like we won't make TogFest though Togfest looks to be a go

keeperreaper
10-23-2015, 07:41 AM
soccer soccer halloween party pats game

5/0
10-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Stuff around the house pats on Sunday (if Togfest) is a no go.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
10-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Yard work. Getting some stuff in order as I am off to South Carolina for a few days next week on a "stealth" mission.
Sunday grilling and Pats game.

Jim in CT
10-23-2015, 08:06 AM
Coaching the last fall ball game Saturday. Sunday, hopefully taking my 9 year-old on a light tackle charter out of Eastern CT. Will hopefully be live-lining bunker, looking for surface activity, then bottom fishing for tog and sea bass, dying to make some fish chowder.

Good luck to those in togfest.

seadogg
10-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Togfest is a maybe. I've got the weekend off, but I may take one of the TowBoats out for some fun. Other than that, sister's engagement party, finishing Halloween-ing my house, then watching the G-men on Sunday.

ProfessorM
10-23-2015, 09:09 AM
Please wind allow me to go out one of the days.

DZ
10-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Hosting our last AIRBNB guests for the fall. Some surfcasting practice - hopefully a fish or two. Some house/yard maintenance before my Block trip starting on Halloween.

Nebe
10-23-2015, 09:32 AM
Just got back from 9 days bumming around Hilton head island in South Carolina, so no play and all work for me this weekend. :(

ProfessorM
10-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Lucky Hiltonhead is one of my favorite spots. So beautiful.

Nebe
10-23-2015, 11:59 AM
It sure was. I should have brought a rod.. Was staying at a family friends house right on the beach where a creek dumped into the ocean. Looked very feeeeshy

Billybob
10-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Tomorrow looking for some topwater bass, and if we don't find them, we dunk bunker - then tog. Should be perfect out there, don't know how many boat days are left.

Jim - Are you fishing with Mike R by any chance?

Sea Dangles
10-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Beer, basketball and tuna fish

Jim in CT
10-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Tomorrow looking for some topwater bass, and if we don't find them, we dunk bunker - then tog. Should be perfect out there, don't know how many boat days are left.

Jim - Are you fishing with Mike R by any chance?

Yes, my 9 year-old and I are booked with him for Sunday. How did you guess that? He seemed like a really nice guy on the phone, was very accommodating to fit this trip in with our schedule. His reports for the last week have been fantastic, I really hope my son gets a couple of fish to challenge him.

Are you fishing with him tomorrow? Your agenda looks identical to mine. If so, let me know how you do, good luck!

BigFish
10-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Siding the house, maybe breakfast with the Mrs! Dinner tomorrow to celebrate birthday then watch Bruins by the fire! Sunday Pats vs. Jets by the fire!

capecodder
10-23-2015, 03:28 PM
soccer, soccer, soccer... pats game

tattoobob
10-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Well I took our new camper to the beach yesterday, they were saying NW, W, & WNW winds all week for this weekend, That all changed I got to the beach the wind was blowing NE, & E surf was up and full of weed
I stayed and listened to the Bruins game in the camper

I got up this morning and NE winds weed and surf was down a little

I tried to fish till 10am but packed it in and dumped 24$ worth of sea worms in the surf and came home

I love the new (To us) camper BTW

5/0
10-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Beer, basketball and tuna fish

You can tune a piano but you can't tune a feeeeesh!
Good luck tomorrow & give-em hell, and thanks for the invite, thanks Chris!

Billybob
10-26-2015, 07:40 AM
Yes, my 9 year-old and I are booked with him for Sunday. How did you guess that? He seemed like a really nice guy on the phone, was very accommodating to fit this trip in with our schedule. His reports for the last week have been fantastic, I really hope my son gets a couple of fish to challenge him.

Are you fishing with him tomorrow? Your agenda looks identical to mine. If so, let me know how you do, good luck!

Sounded like him - I fished with him and my son about a month ago.He's good. Ran into him Saturday in the river -we got some stripers in there, some monster blues out front , and some smaller stripers out front too.
Looks like you had a good time!

Jim in CT
10-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Sounded like him - I fished with him and my son about a month ago.He's good. Ran into him Saturday in the river -we got some stripers in there, some monster blues out front , and some smaller stripers out front too.
Looks like you had a good time!

He was a great guy, wonderful with my son.

As usual, I should've gone the day before, when they hammered big bass. When we loaded up with live bunker, I was confident we were going to get some big stripers, but no joy there. We did get huge, aggressive blues on topwater plugs, all day long, all you could want to catch. Like you, out front.

we had a great time, thanks.

Jim in CT
10-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Here is the pic of me and my 9 year-old that captain Mike Roy sent me. If anyone is looking for an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic, friendly (especially kid-friendly) captain, Mike Roy of Reel Cast Charters in CT is worth a look. He really wanted to put us on fish. We paid for a half day, but he stayed out longer than scheduled. In fact, if I didn't have to get my son home for a birthday party, he might have stayed out all day, in search of big bass.

Billybob
10-26-2015, 10:42 AM
I bet your son loved the blues, he looks happy and they pull like crazy, huh.
I never saw such fat blues - there is just so much bait around still - it's crazy.

Jim in CT
10-26-2015, 10:50 AM
He loved it. They were fat, starving, and aggressive. On one cast (I was throwing a popping plug), I caught 2 blues at the same time, more than 10 pounds each, that hit the same treble at the same time.