View Full Version : Court says transgender student must be given unlimited access to girls locker room

Jim in CT
11-04-2015, 08:33 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2015/1102/Locker-room-rights-District-violated-transgender-student-s-rights-feds-rule

Once again, the school district made all kinds of concessions for this kid (can participate in girls' athletics, etc), but they drew the line at showering with other girls. Not good enough for the transgender student who sued, and the courts decreed that the concerns of all the other teenage girls who aren't comfortable showering with someone with different body parts than they have, don't matter a fig.

As long as the victim is unique in a way that's sympathetic to the liberal Narrative, then no one else matters.

I saw an interesting exchange last night between the father of a girl at the school, and an ACLU lawyer. The father said that his daughter is friends with the transgender student, they hang out together, but his daughter isn't comfortable showering next to someone who has a different anatomy. The ACLU lawyer, in classic liberal condescending fashion, told the Dad "this could be a teaching moment for your daughter", to which the Dad replied "I reject the notion that my daughter needs to be 'taught' that it's OK for teenage girls to shower with people with different body parts."

Of course the ACLU lawyer then tried to make the Dad out to be Archie Bunker, saying that the Dad was an intolerant hatemonger who hopes that all transgender kids will just go away.

I don't know what unites us as Americans anymore. I just don't know.

We no longer agree in the concept of having boys' bathrooms and girls' bathrooms? That's controversial now?

In a society where everything goes, eventually, everything will.