View Full Version : This Kid is from Jersey!

rphud
11-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Ok, the man has a big one this time!

Quite the battle for a 6 year old. Fish must be as big as he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNI-cOrs4M8&feature=youtu.be

shadow
11-08-2015, 09:49 AM
I saw this ....best thing iv watched on Facebook in well ever!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

rphud
11-08-2015, 03:03 PM
brings new meaning to "take a kid fishing"

Way to go Grand Dad!

chris L
11-08-2015, 03:39 PM
now thats what it is all about ! He makes me proud and he isnt even my kid . He is hooked for life and has a great moment shared with his grandfather that he will never forget .

Guppy
11-08-2015, 04:51 PM
What a pleasure to see a kid have so much fun,,,, u bet he's hooked, nice going gramps

JohnR
11-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Awesome :btu:

FishermanTim
11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
We have seen the future of salt water fishing, and it looks good!

Raven
11-09-2015, 06:15 AM
the fish practically dragged him into the water\that was awsome

redlite
11-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Good for him. That is an awesome catch.
Before the naysayers can say it i will So they cant detract from the greatness of the moment

"Bad on the grandfather's side of things. He has taught this young fisherman to kill big fish for pictures when he had the opportunity to teach this future generation the importance of conservation and catch and release. "

stripermaineiac
11-09-2015, 08:59 AM
Best video I've watched in a long time. Dad did great job coaching. The little guy is hooked for life.

saltfly
11-09-2015, 08:59 AM
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fish of a lifetime.

piemma
11-09-2015, 04:53 PM
:kewl::kewl::kewl:

l.i.fish.in.vt
11-09-2015, 06:04 PM
if the young man likes to eat fish as well as his family then i see nothing wrong with him keeping it.if it was keep to weight it in and then in the dumpsterthen that is wrong.one of the reasons i fish is that i like to eat fish have been doing so for a few years shy of 60,don't plan on changing so i can be with the "in crowd''

Jimbo
11-10-2015, 09:23 AM
That was excellent and heartwarming to see that kid stay in the fray and not give up the fight. If ever a video deserves to go viral, that's it.

SweetD
11-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Awesome video, and the kid has a great name to boot! (note title of vid)...

stripermaineiac
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
41 lbs. Nice fish no matter how you look at it . for a kid that age and from the surf. SWEEEETTTT

SAUERKRAUT
11-11-2015, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=redlite;1085873]Good for him. That is an awesome catch.
Before the naysayers can say it i will So they cant detract from the greatness of the moment

"Bad on the grandfather's side of things. He has taught this young fisherman to kill big fish for pictures when he had the opportunity to teach this future generation the importance of conservation and catch and release. "

I agree with the Redlite contrarian concern: "Grandfather can, and should, teach this lesson in the future. But probably not today, and not with this first significant fish.

Bonds,
Sauerkraut

stripermaineiac
11-11-2015, 07:58 PM
You know what would be nice . Just once when something really cool happens involving a kid or a fledgling fisherman with a great catch is that poletics stay out of it. Just savor the moment and smile because it was a good thing. We poletic so much now that there is never a moment with out it. Just enjoy. It seems we have forgotten how to do that.

Fish On
11-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Amen to that

thefishingfreak
11-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Good for him. That is an awesome catch.

Is that what you were doing when I saw you on the boat down at race point commercial bass fishing this summer?
Practicing the importance of conservation and catch and release?

chris L
11-11-2015, 09:50 PM
STOP with "What he should have done " . He and his Grandfather went fishing TOGETHER . The kid caught a fish of a LIFETIME , Gramps or Dad taught the kid how to fish VERY WELL . How many 6 year olds do any of know that have that much gumption and poise as a fisherman . Even with a dog walking behind him . He fished that fish better than some adults we know . Maybe he was taught catch and release and had that not been the fish it was , it would have gone back . PLEASE ! Are we not fishers ?

One kid kept one fish on one particular day with one special guy in his life . OH S H I T there goes all the stripers . ( cant edit me ) LOL

REMEMBER This is America ! That young man has every right to do with that fish what ever he wants to do with it :ie feed the flowers , the friggin cat or eat with his Grandfather . Maybe even the dumpster ! We dont have to like it but he has the right to do it .
You know what the say about opinions ?

We have become a society of my way is the right way !!!

OK im going back to watching

tattoobob
11-11-2015, 10:15 PM
This is awesome :lurk:

Steve K
11-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Great video. I was impressed with the grandfather not jumping in to help. I don't know if I could have stayed on the sidelines. That boy deserves a lot of credit for not giving up and listening to his grandfather. He fought it like a champ.