View Full Version : So, mass shootings only happen in the USA?

JohnR
12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Says our dear leader, in Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFCnAW27d_c

buckman
12-01-2015, 08:55 PM
I heard this today and my thought was ... is he mentally ok ? It's really becoming surreal .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
12-01-2015, 09:40 PM
And the sheep line up to cherish the lies that spew from him.

Nebe
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
This hippy art phag agrees. He's out of his mind

spence
12-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Just doesn't happen may be a stretch, but it's not a huge one. Gun deaths in the USA per capita are dramatically higher than other Western nations. Mass shootings as well are extremely rare...some try to wash this away given our higher population, but that doesn't factor in landmass or easy availability of firearms.

I believe they think the Paris shooters had to buy disabled weapons in Eastern Europe, repair them to make functional and smuggle through Belgium into France. That's a heck of a lot of work for a handful of guns.

Raven
12-02-2015, 09:02 AM
he smiles to hide the melt down

Jim in CT
12-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Says our dear leader, in Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFCnAW27d_c

His stupidity knows no bounds, none. The day before the Paris attacks, he said ISIS was contained, and he also bragged about increased security at foreign airports. As he made that comment, the wreckage of the downed Russian plane was still smoldering.

Then, stainding in Paris where the streets are still awash with blood, he made these comments.

By the way, if he wants to investigate why Americans do, in fact, have more shootings than many other places, he can start with the well organized community of Chicago, which s ground zero for gun violence.

Obama...always wrong, yet never in doubt.

Slipknot
12-02-2015, 12:11 PM
"a stretch, but not a huge one"

It is a LOT more than a stretch, a flat out lie desperately trying to support his agenda, reaching for words it is clear he has no prompter to read from.

BigFish
12-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Wasn't there a mass shooting in Paris a couple weeks ago? Something like 112 people dead? And one several months ago in Paris.....some magazine??? 12 people dead??? He is a jackass!!!!

Nebe
12-02-2015, 12:49 PM
There was also a really bad one in Sweden a few years ago

Rockport24
12-02-2015, 01:01 PM
didn't something also happen in Australia not that long ago? the land of no guns!

oh and Spence - we get it, guns are evil and no one should have them but the police and military

beamie
12-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Wasn't there a mass shooting in Paris a couple weeks ago? Something like 112 people dead? And one several months ago in Paris.....some magazine??? 12 people dead??? He is a jackass!!!!

Those don't count Larry. They were terrorist type shootings not the typical nut with gun shooting people. It's a different kind of dead. What an ass clown.

afterhours
12-02-2015, 01:43 PM
and people support this clown.

buckman
12-02-2015, 01:44 PM
oh and Spence - we get it, guns are evil and no one should have them but the police and military

Just to be clear, the reason the police carry weapons is to protect themselves not to protect you . I'm a huge supporter of the police but that's the fact

spence
12-02-2015, 01:51 PM
I don't believe I've ever said that.

The Dad Fisherman
12-02-2015, 03:34 PM
One going on in California right now....

Nebe
12-02-2015, 03:45 PM
One going on in California right now....

What is wrong with people these days ?

Jim in CT
12-02-2015, 04:59 PM
What is wrong with people these days ?

What's wrong, is highly correlated with the growth of secular liberalism (unless it's terrorism). we don't stress the importance of having empathy for others. Each generation is getting more detached, more narcississtic, less able to deal with hearing the word "no".

Rockport24
12-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Just to be clear, the reason the police carry weapons is to protect themselves not to protect you . I'm a huge supporter of the police but that's the fact

well not really because its the Police's job to put themselves into harms way to protect the citizens, no?

Rockport24
12-02-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't believe I've ever said that.

Oh sorry my bad.. withdrawn form the record then!

buckman
12-02-2015, 05:52 PM
well not really because its the Police's job to put themselves into harms way to protect the citizens, no?

I bet 99% of the time a policeman pulls his weapon out of its holster it is to protect himself . But I get your point

JohnR
12-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Mass shootings happen most everywhere. North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia - other than Antartica. Hmmm. Trend.

Nebe
12-02-2015, 06:33 PM
What's wrong, is highly correlated with the growth of secular liberalism (unless it's terrorism). we don't stress the importance of having empathy for others. Each generation is getting more detached, more narcississtic, less able to deal with hearing the word "no".

Really ? You really think a couple liberals are shooting people right now?

Do you think that the guy who shot up the planned parenthood was a liberal ?

They are religious nut jobs.. Terrorists are religious but jobs and we know for sure that the planned parenthood shooter was one as well. He said he could do what ever he wanted because he knew he "could be saved".

What a joke

buckman
12-02-2015, 06:47 PM
I recommend you guys download the free police scanner app 5.0 . This is crazy stuff

spence
12-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Mass shootings happen most everywhere. North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia - other than Antartica. Hmmm. Trend.
Two today and nearly one a day for the entire year. If you're trying to compare us to Honduras or Syria you may have a point :rollem:

spence
12-02-2015, 07:56 PM

Nice, I giant F U to first responders. I didn't think you had that in you to be honest.

buckman
12-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Two today and nearly one a day for the entire year. If you're trying to compare us to Honduras or Syria you may have a point :rollem:

From what I'm hearing on the scanner and on the news the suspects could very well be from the Middle East so maybe there's a fair comparison

spence
12-02-2015, 08:17 PM
From what I'm hearing on the scanner and on the news the suspects could very well be from the Middle East so maybe there's a fair comparison

I love it, forming opinion from raw intel running over the scanner. What could go wrong?

spence
12-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Regardless this scenario is effed up.

JohnR
12-02-2015, 08:41 PM
I love it, forming opinion from raw intel running over the scanner. What could go wrong?

There are actually a few different and reliable sources (not 4chan) pointing to that but wait until officials say something, ya know, officially.

JohnR
12-02-2015, 08:42 PM

That's right, the message has not had the opportunity to be properly agipropted spun strategically messaged!

Jim in CT
12-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Really ? You really think a couple liberals are shooting people right now?

Do you think that the guy who shot up the planned parenthood was a liberal ?

They are religious nut jobs.. Terrorists are religious but jobs and we know for sure that the planned parenthood shooter was one as well. He said he could do what ever he wanted because he knew he "could be saved".

What a joke

Nebe, I didn't, nor would I ever, say that all mass shooters are registered Democrats. Try to respond to what I am actually saying, try not to put gibberish words in my mouth.

As a society, we are clearly moving away from the traditional family values of, say, the 1950s, in favor of more "progressive" values. As a direct result, we see more infidelity, more divorce, more abortions, more broken families, more unsupervised kids, fewer people going to church, fewer parents signing their kids up for scouting, etc. One of the pillars of liberalism is "if it feels good, do it". As a society, there is less emphasis on what is decent, and more emphasis on what feels good for me.

On top of that, it's much harder, thanks to liberals, to commit the mentally ill until after they hurt someone.

Perfect example...when actress Ingrid Bergman had an affair with a married man (1950s?), people stopped going to her movies, and she eventually had to flee the country. One generation later, Jane Fonda straddles a Viet Cong anti-aircraft gun wrapped in our enemy's flag, and she comes home to an academy award. One generation after that, we have college crybabies who want free tuition and student debt wiped out. Gimme, gimme, gimme. Me, me, me.

When we turn our back on family values and instead celebrate what feels good in the next second, why would you ask "what's wrong with people nowadays"? Guess what Nebe? When you tell people to stop paying attention to the 10 commandments, ugly behavior will increase. Guess what? It also turns out that when you plant potatoes, you get potatoes.

Nebe
12-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Ah. Ok. I understand better now.
However one can have very solid family values in today's society. But let me ask... Is your wife wishing she was back in the 50's? A wife in the 50's was pretty much supposed to be a shadow and servant of her husband.
How about Mcarthyism ? God forbid someone finds out you are gay... And fughertaboutit if you are black.
It all looks good on paper but I can assure you that we are better off today as a society.
Holy smokes.. The ones shooting people here and "over there" are the folks like you, that don't like what this place has become! Imagine just for a second if everyone took a deep breath and accepted people for who they are.. You know... "Love thy neighbor".

Think on that.

Good night

Jim in CT
12-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Ah. Ok. I understand better now.
However one can have very solid family values in today's society. But let me ask... Is your wife wishing she was back in the 50's? A wife in the 50's was pretty much supposed to be a shadow and servant of her husband.
How about Mcarthyism ? God forbid someone finds out you are gay... And fughertaboutit if you are black.
It all looks good on paper but I can assure you that we are better off today as a society.
Holy smokes.. The ones shooting people here and "over there" are the folks like you, that don't like what this place has become! Imagine just for a second if everyone took a deep breath and accepted people for who they are.. You know... "Love thy neighbor".

Think on that.

Good night

"one can have very solid family values in today's society"

I didn't say no one has decent family values today, I said fewer of us do. When those values decline, and they are declining rapidly, bad things happen.

"Is your wife wishing she was back in the 50's?"

Hell, yes.

"A wife in the 50's was pretty much supposed to be a shadow and servant of her husband. "

Not in my family.

"How about Mcarthyism ?"

Every time period has its screw-ups. Today, we force Christians out of business who want to act according to their beliefs. Today cops are painted as racist assassins.

"I can assure you that we are better off today as a society. "

No, you can't. I would vehemently disagree. Didn't you say on this post, something to the effect of "what's wrong with people today?"

"The ones shooting people here and "over there" are the folks like you"

They're not anything like me.

"Imagine just for a second if everyone took a deep breath and accepted people for who they are.. You know... "Love thy neighbor".

I wish for that as well. But as I said, the sense of feeling obliged to others, is rapidly diminishing, and as today's kids spend half their waking hours on electronic devices, we will be even further disconnected from each other.

"Think on that"

I think about it a great deal. That's why I know I am correct.

"Good night"

You too!

Nebe, find someone, anyone, who has been a teacher for 30+ years, ask them how society is changing, if it's getting better or worse.

Our moral compass is so fu*ked up, it's hard to describe. A Democratic presidential candidate had to apologize for saying "all lives matter". That's just super.

buckman
12-03-2015, 06:00 AM

I was just trying to keep you informed . Apology excepted

And the President's response....
dead suspects."

President Barack Obama urged the country to take steps to reduce mass shootings, including stricter gun laws and stronger background checks.

"The one thing we do know is that we have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world," Obama told CBS

buckman
12-03-2015, 06:13 AM
I was just trying to keep you informed . Apology excepted

And the President's response....

President Barack Obama urged the country to take steps to reduce mass shootings, including stricter gun laws and stronger background checks.

"The one thing we do know is that we have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world," Obama told CBS

spence
12-03-2015, 07:50 AM
One of the pillars of liberalism is "if it feels good, do it". As a society, there is less emphasis on what is decent, and more emphasis on what feels good for me.
This is true Nebe, at the Liberal Headquarters in Berkeley, California there's a big granite obelisk with "if it feels good, do it" chiseled into its surface.

The other liberal pillar "hey, hey, I've got something to say, it's better to burn out than to fade away" is on the other side.

Nebe
12-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Before the war in Iraq I noticed a phrase being thrown around on the news. "Weapons of mass distruction". I remember jokingly thinking to myself as to wtf that meant. Such a broad useless term.

Well. I am seeing a new term on the news. "Long guns".
This is just a hunch but I believe the term long gun will be used a lot in the future when the government tried to ban assault rifles.
I could be wrong.....

spence
12-03-2015, 07:59 AM
I believe it's a legal definition.

JohnR
12-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Before the war in Iraq I noticed a phrase being thrown around on the news. "Weapons of mass distruction". I remember jokingly thinking to myself as to wtf that meant. Such a broad useless term.

This was a fairly common phrase in the cold war, not a common as say non-conventional weapons, but it was used in policy and military circles. The primary connotation was for referencing "NBC"; Nuclear Biological, Chemical,(now called CBRN with the addition of Radiological). So while you had not heard of it, professionals and academics in that space were using it and it had a specific meaning.

Well. I am seeing a new term on the news. "Long guns".
This is just a hunch but I believe the term long gun will be used a lot in the future when the government tried to ban assault rifles.
I could be wrong.....

The term "Long Guns" is an old term but occasionally used. Typically refers to longer barreled guns (over 10 inches I think) and would include rifles, shotguns, semi-s, machine guns, etc. I do not understand why the media revived it last night but I would guess that someone did not want to use the term "Assault Weapon" - often inaccurately applied in the media. Then I assume, the rest of the Press/Media kept rolling it.

Should government decide to confiscate these "long guns" we will be in for heavy seas.

Speaking of Media competency: Did anyone see the Chicken that dies of fright last night?

scottw
12-03-2015, 08:20 AM
The ones shooting people here and "over there" are the folks like you, that don't like what this place has become!

please provide an example of a shooting "over here" where the perpetrators did so because they claimed they "didn't like what this place has become"...I know it fits your narrative but I can't think of an instance...the media and left were desperately hoping these last two(and nearly every other) examples were perpetrated by right wing loons and are obviously deeply disappointed that it turned out not to be the case...

if "what we've become" is responsible for these shootings then it's more likely the fact that we've become a society where sex and violence are fed to our children at an early age teaching them that neither carry consequences and desensitizing them to the realities of life and constantly reinforced as they move along through life... drugs are issued and taken with abandon to help deal with any realities that may try to creep in...they lash out and the libs run around blaming guns

the ones shooting people over there want you to become them...it's pretty simple...:)

spence
12-03-2015, 08:23 AM
I do not understand why the media revived it last night but I would guess that someone did not want to use the term "Assault Weapon" - often inaccurately applied in the media. Then I assume, the rest of the Press/Media kept rolling it.
I'd wager they were simply trying to describe the scene based on available information...long guns and hand guns without knowing additional details. Long gun has been used more frequently the last several years in the gun debate, at least from what I've seen.

spence
12-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Hmmmmm....

http://thehill.com/regulation/healthcare/261802-gop-lawmaker-who-banned-gun-control-research-has-regrets

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/261179-dems-push-gop-on-guns-for-suspected-terrorists

JohnR
12-03-2015, 08:35 AM
I'd wager they were simply trying to describe the scene based on available information...long guns and hand guns without knowing additional details. Long gun has been used more frequently the last several years in the gun debate, at least from what I've seen.

Must have been used more in Progressive Circles if you have been seeing it more and more because generally I have not seen it much used in gun control. Historical writings, research, yes. Media / Gun Control, I have not seen it.

Long gun cover's a lot more thing things than just semi-auto

The Dad Fisherman
12-03-2015, 11:43 AM
I do not understand why the media revived it last night but I would guess that someone did not want to use the term "Assault Weapon" - often inaccurately applied in the media. Then I assume, the rest of the Press/Media kept rolling it.

They used it because that is the term the Police Chief used when addressing the media about it. Pretty smart actually...instead of giving out bogus info so the media could sensationalize it, they used this term until the facts were in....because, anything that isn't a hand gun, can be categorized as a long gun.

JohnR
12-03-2015, 11:59 AM
They used it because that is the term the Police Chief used when addressing the media about it. Pretty smart actually...instead of giving out bogus info so the media could sensationalize it, they used this term until the facts were in....because, anything that isn't a hand gun, can be categorized as a long gun.

:btu:

buckman
12-03-2015, 12:04 PM

And I'm sure it's the term the witnesses used when describing what the terrorist used , you know while they were giving them the terrorists name .

Jim in CT
12-03-2015, 12:30 PM
During my kids' lifetime, we will start having the horrible, but necessary, conversation about whether or not Islam is compatible with civilization. If 95% of Muslims are peace loving, they need to start exerting a LOT more influence over the other 5%. Or face ugly consequeces.

spence
12-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Or face ugly consequeces.
What the hell does that mean?

Jim in CT
12-03-2015, 12:46 PM

Spence, what do you honestly think the answer is? Do you concede there is a huge problem with Islam in the world today? Or do you side with our moron-in-chief, who thinks the problem is citizens with lawfully-purchased guns?

If you concede there is a huge problem with Islam, what would you do about it?

My guess...eventually a western nation is going to lose a city. When that happens, the west may well say "we tried welcoming Muslims, but it's not working, it's time for you to go, and no more Muslims can enter our country." I just don't see what an alternative answer is.

We also need to take the gloves off, completely off, when it comes to dealing with known terrorists. Our current POTUS thinks it's wrong to pour water down the nose of someone with insider knowledge of a planned attack at an elementary school. I don't think we can afford that anymore.

I am speculating, of course, that this was a terrorist attack. But the guy's name wasn't Seamus O'Grady, and it wasn't County Cork where he spent a month recently.

Jim in CT
12-03-2015, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=spence;1087750]This is true Nebe, at the Liberal Headquarters in Berkeley, California there's a big granite obelisk with "if it feels good, do it" chiseled into its surface.

Liberalism is way more permissive of counter-productive behavior (sleeping around, adultery, divorce, etc) than conservatism. Deny that all you want. It's still fact.

Liberals have sanctuary cities, for God's sake, for people who want to be refugees from laws that liberals don't happen to like. It's anarchy, but it's celebrated on your side. As an aside, what would happen if I declared my hometown a sanctuary for the unborn, and outlawed all abortion? Would Obama allow that to continue for 8 years?

PaulS
12-03-2015, 01:31 PM
I hope jim has the same discussion with his son about the planned parenthood protesters. The amount of criminal behavior from them is so much higher than the general public that the government should have the FBI look into it.

buckman
12-03-2015, 01:44 PM
I hope jim has the same discussion with his son about the planned parenthood protesters. The amount of criminal behavior from them is so much higher than the general public that the government should have the FBI look into it.

Back that statement up ........

Jim in CT
12-03-2015, 01:59 PM

The anti-abortion kooks probably do commit a lot more crime than the average citizen. But sure as hell, they don't commit anywhere near as much violence as jihadists. This one shooting yesterday, will leave almost half as many did as have been killed by anti-abortion protesters in the last 40 years.

I am sure the FBIlooks into these people. But you cannot compare the threat they pose, to that posed by jihadists.

buckman
12-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I'll have to say it is stunning the contrast between President Obama's reaction to an attack on our country and the leader of France's reaction to an attack on his country.

spence
12-03-2015, 02:59 PM
I'll have to say it is stunning the contrast between President Obama's reaction to an attack on our country and the leader of France's reaction to an attack on his country.
So, you're thinking we could at least bomb Dearborn as a start?

spence
12-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Liberalism is way more permissive of counter-productive behavior (sleeping around, adultery, divorce, etc) than conservatism. Deny that all you want. It's still fact.
I'd suggest you just made all that up...

justplugit
12-03-2015, 04:28 PM

Understatement of the year, Buck.. Even this morning he said" It is POSSIBLE
that this was terrorist related. We don't know. It's possible that this was workplace related. "

Believe it or not there are sheeple who will actually believe he really doesn't know, even with all the facts that have come out in the last 24 hours. Remember the Iissis JV team is under control ?

God Bless our law enforcement officers for their outstanding work.

justplugit
12-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I'd suggest you just made all that up...

Spence, what world do you live in? All this progressive liberalism started back in the Sixties with exactly the slogan , "If it feels good do it." Free love, drugs, Alfred E Newman [" What me care."] followed by the greed of the Seventies "Take care of # one" and let greed reign. Anybody that doesn't know that was never educated.

Nebe
12-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Why aren't they calling this terrorism ? Two Muslims shot up a Christmas party ..... Wtf

spence
12-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Understatement of the year, Buck.. Even this morning he said" It is POSSIBLE
that this was terrorist related. We don't know. It's possible that this was workplace related. "

Believe it or not there are sheeple who will actually believe he really doesn't know, even with all the facts that have come out in the last 24 hours. Remember the Iissis JV team is under control ?

God Bless our law enforcement officers for their outstanding work.
My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around. Considering the very strange situation of this attack I don't think they really know the full motive. It's like the Ft. Hood shooter, there was evidence of radicalization but also a mental state brought about by the death of his mother that caused him to break.

Slipknot
12-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Why aren't they calling this terrorism ? Two Muslims shot up a Christmas party ..... Wtf

pisses you off doesn't it?
it should

there are enough facts known already to call it what it is = Terrorism, a terrorist attack in this country, radical islamists
it is what is is

I still don't understand why our president will not say the word

They planned it, had bombs and everything and attacked innocent people at a Christmas party. Seems pretty obvious to me.

reason why they don't call a spade a spade = the wusification of America the land that I love.

time to take back America from the pussies who have allowed this to happen in the first place.

Slipknot
12-03-2015, 05:02 PM
My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around. Considering the very strange situation of this attack I don't think they really know the full motive. It's like the Ft. Hood shooter, there was evidence of radicalization but also a mental state brought about by the death of his mother that caused him to break.

Well he is legally the President and this is the time to act like one, if he can't, then get the hell out of the way
wtf

Slipknot
12-03-2015, 05:05 PM
so are we supposed to sit around and wait for the next situation that does not fit nicely in a box and expect the government to protect us?
maybe the next terrorist had some other kind of event or trauma in his life and reaches his boiling point and attacks God knows where next.
This is what they want.
I'm not going to be a sheep

Jim in CT
12-03-2015, 05:35 PM

"My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around"

OK, I made it up that liberals are permissive, yet you can claim that Obama is legally barred from saying the word "terrorism".

Remember, when you are painting inside, you need to open the windows a crack. I think you've been painting with the windows closed.

PaulS
12-03-2015, 06:23 PM

We can start with closing Mosques down, make the Muslims register (we can tattoo the #s on their arm), wear stars on their clothing. If that doesn't work we can put them in camps - might as well make them work to earn their keep.

PaulS
12-03-2015, 06:29 PM
The anti-abortion kooks probably do commit a lot more crime than the average citizen. But sure as hell, they don't commit anywhere near as much violence as jihadists. This one shooting yesterday, will leave almost half as many did as have been killed by anti-abortion protesters in the last 40 years.

I am sure the FBIlooks into these people. But you cannot compare the threat they pose, to that posed by jihadists.

I'm sure that they commit less violence then the jihadists, but what level does the violence have to reach bf something is done?

justplugit
12-03-2015, 08:26 PM
My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around. .

So then he would face punishment for using a" legal word" if it didn't meet with what
he, the law professsor, whoops LAW INSTRUCTOR, determines is??
Sounds more like he is hiding behind a word to protect his legacy like he tried with the Benghazi tape.

spence
12-03-2015, 08:43 PM
So then he would face punishment for using a" legal word" if it didn't meet with what
he, the law professsor, whoops LAW INSTRUCTOR, determines is??
Sounds more like he is hiding behind a word to protect his legacy like he tried with the Benghazi tape.
He just said today it could be. You're just looking for gripes.

Jim in CT
12-03-2015, 08:57 PM

You said there are legal ramifications for his using the word "terrorism" loosely. Please explain, or kindly admit you made it up in a desperate attempt, once again, to make the guy look brilliant.

He says it "might be terrorism, it might be workplace violence". Atta boy, Columbo.

Jim in CT
12-03-2015, 09:01 PM
We can start with closing Mosques down, make the Muslims register (we can tattoo the #s on their arm), wear stars on their clothing. If that doesn't work we can put them in camps - might as well make them work to earn their keep.

Well, we tried electing a guy who thought he could fix the problem by being softer with them. IT'S NOT WORKING. So what would you do?

For starters, it's time to take the gloves all the way off in dealing with the people we know are involved. Make waterboarding look like an invitation to a noon tea party. If we have to torture these people overseas, fine. But the gloves need to come off. If the last 8 years have taught sane people anything, it's that trying to be nicer, doesn't work.

5/0
12-03-2015, 09:12 PM
We all bleed red,so suck it up,move on nothing to see here.

Unfortunately the world's problems will not be fulfilled on this site,world media or on local.

Move on....

buckman
12-04-2015, 06:15 AM
If only we could get a handle on this global warming .....
Sorry Nebe

buckman
12-04-2015, 06:29 AM

What gave it away? The bomb making factory ?

spence
12-04-2015, 07:51 AM
What gave it away? The bomb making factory ?
Making a bomb doesn't make you a terrorist. Using one or intending to use one with a specific political intent certainly could. Currently they really don't know the intent and the couple didn't leave any obvious indication of what they were trying to achieve aside from carnage.

The situation does appear to show something bad was afoot but until they have a better understanding of motive the FBI isn't going to call it terrorism and neither should POTUS.

spence
12-04-2015, 07:54 AM
He says it "might be terrorism, it might be workplace violence". Atta boy, Columbo.
That's what the investigators are saying. There's a line of thinking that they may not have intended to attack the party but some disagreement changed their actions. Don't know right now.

You know the Fort Hood shooting was never declared terrorism either as it didn't meet the legal standard?

Nebe
12-04-2015, 08:25 AM
How about we agree that this was a Muslim extremist hate crime.

JohnR
12-04-2015, 08:27 AM
Making a bomb doesn't make you a terrorist. Using one or intending to use one with a specific political intent certainly could. Currently they really don't know the intent and the couple didn't leave any obvious indication of what they were trying to achieve aside from carnage.

The situation does appear to show something bad was afoot but until they have a better understanding of motive the FBI isn't going to call it terrorism and neither should POTUS.

Making a bomb with the intent to use it makes you a terrorist.

That's what the investigators are saying. There's a line of thinking that they may not have intended to attack the party but some disagreement changed their actions. Don't know right now.

They were far too geared up, prepared to do maximum damage, and setup to attack someone. So if they were going to do this and had all the training, weapons, gear, plans, as well as the scrubbing all ready to go, the "some disagreement changed their actions" to attack the party changes it from terrorism to workplace violence? How convenient.

You know the Fort Hood shooting was never declared terrorism either as it didn't meet the legal standard?

Fort Hood had all the makings of Terrorism, the shooter claimed he was a soldier of Allah

Fly Rod
12-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Spence come on UUUUU know what it was an hour after......terrorism.....say it slowly take a deep breath....ter-ror-ism.....:)

PaulS
12-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Well, we tried electing a guy who thought he could fix the problem by being softer with them. IT'S NOT WORKING. So what would you do?

For starters, it's time to take the gloves all the way off in dealing with the people we know are involved. Make waterboarding look like an invitation to a noon tea party. If we have to torture these people overseas, fine. But the gloves need to come off. If the last 8 years have taught sane people anything, it's that trying to be nicer, doesn't work.

I'm not willing to throw away the values that we held for almost our total existance - not torturing people.

There was a special on Showtime the other night and I wasn't really watching it but I did see many former CIA directors saying that the best way to get info. is to be bc friends w/the prisoner.

buckman
12-04-2015, 10:01 AM
I'm not willing to throw away the values that we held for almost our total existance - not torturing people.

There was a special on Showtime the other night and I wasn't really watching it but I did see many former CIA directors saying that the best way to get info. is to be bc friends w/the prisoner.

These people will strap bombs onto their own family members. They have a different set of values then you and I and the rest of the civilize world. By the way that's why they were former CIA directors .

buckman
12-04-2015, 10:04 AM

I'm laughing at the first part of the sentence and I'm in tears at the hypocracy of the second part.
Do you honestly not see how he jumps to judgment ,in a political way , at every turn ?

Jim in CT
12-04-2015, 10:10 AM

"That's what the investigators are saying"

Who, exactly? Please tell me who said that there are legal ramifications for the President throwing that word around.

Spence, we can debate about when it's appropriate to concluder that it was terrorism., But I don't believe for a second, that there are laws that would prevent him from saying "this looks lik eIslamic terrorism". But, you have prroven me wrong a few times, mybe this is another example.

"You know the Fort Hood shooting was never declared terrorism either as it didn't meet the legal standard"

What 'legal standard'?

I notice that your hero Obama doesn't mind spouting off half-assed, when he says that the Cambridge acted stupidly, or that if he had a son, he'd look like whoever it was. Obama's caution about not putting his goot in his mouth, seems quite selective, does it not?

The Fort Hood shooter had a card in his wallet that identified him as a "Soldier Of Allah". He was screaming "Allahu Akhbar" as he killed Americans. He was a terrorist. Only someone with a real political axe to grind, would debate that.

Jim in CT
12-04-2015, 10:19 AM

"I'm not willing to throw away the values that we held for almost our total existance "

If you are a liberal, I think that pretty much means you are quite willing to do exacvtly that, but only on issues that serve your agenda I guess. How else do you explain sanctuary cities? How do you explain trampling on the religious freedom of those who oppose gay marriage?

"I did see many former CIA directors saying that the best way to get info. is to be bc friends w/the prisoner"

No one is saying that soft interrogation never works. Nor would any sane person claim that torture always produces actionable intelligence. But are you really going to deny that some terrorists might not voluntarily divulge useful information, but they might do it if tortured? Isn't that common sense? There are former CIA dirctors who sai dthat waterboarding produced some valuable intelligence that had not been obtained by making nice with them.

In the 'ticking time bomb' scenario, it would be immoral not to do whatever it takes to save innocent lives. It would be immoral not to do it.

We are dealing with an unprecedented threat here. This couple dropped off their baby just before doing this for God's sake. They hate us, far more than they love their own children.

What would you do? Keep digging graves until they run out of bullets?

Jim in CT
12-04-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm laughing at the first part of the sentence and I'm in tears at the hypocracy of the second part.
Do you honestly not see how he jumps to judgment ,in a political way , at every turn ?

Correct. Did Spence critcize Obama when he said, wihtout knowing all the facts, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly? That was just more brilliance by Obama I guess. I am just not sophisticated enough to see it.

Nebe
12-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Just remember. Those were peaceful Muslims. We should blame the "long guns". Ban them all! But this wasn't terrorism. Don't buy into the hype. ;)

buckman
12-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Just remember. Those were peaceful Muslims. We should blame the "long guns". Ban them all! But this wasn't terrorism. Don't buy into the hype. ;)

They are looking for a video to blame this on because you know, we don't want to jump to conclusions . I understand the political ramifications for the president to call something terrorism that happens on his watch, but really I don't give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about him .Politics have no business in this. Our lives matter

Fly Rod
12-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Jim they did intend to strike the party.....the wife had pleged her allegiance to ISIS on facebook

Nebe
12-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Jim they did intend to strike the party.....the wife had pleged her allegiances to ISIS on facebook

Is this confirmed ?

buckman
12-04-2015, 11:45 AM
The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R.
Any doubt ?

justplugit
12-04-2015, 12:03 PM

You bet I am! Any red blooded American should be with what's going on with
our people being killed and terrorized and having a CIC who seems to care more about his legacy
than the thousands of our American people who have been killed
and are being killed by terrorists.

He hesitates and almost chokes before he can even say the word terror.
Meantime instead of planning a strategy he's off in France facing the MOST
IMPORTANT,issue, Global Warming. Holy Moses, cut me one break from the clouds youguys float on. Beyond all reason and reality.

Tell me why you and the rest of the Libs aren't ticked and griping too ????

Jim in CT
12-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Is this confirmed ?

It is reported that just before she left for the massacre, she made an online post stating her committment to ISIS.

And Obama, you gotta give him credit, concedes that it just migt be connected to Islamic jihad!

Atta boy, Columbo! Where did we find Obama anyway, Scotland Yard?

This pair killed 14 people in the office where the husband worked, killed some of the same people that threw him a baby shower recently. And they abandoned their 6 month old baby to that cause. You can't make stuff like this up, I dare you to try.

We don't win this by being nice. That's not how we beat the Japanese in WWII, and that's not how we're going to win this. If we don't bring these people to their knees pretty soon, one of them will get their hands on something at least as powerful as a dirty bomb.

They only have to get lucky once.

RIROCKHOUND
12-04-2015, 01:36 PM
We don't win this by being nice. That's not how we beat the Japanese in WWII, and that's not how we're going to win this. If we don't bring these people to their knees pretty soon, one of them will get their hands on something at least as powerful as a dirty bomb.

They only have to get lucky once.

Great, and sounds good in theory. She should have raised some red flags, and maybe his travel should have as well. The problem is, if he was on the 'watch list' many in the GOP argued against restricting guns for people on the watch list b/c the list might be wrong... how do we get past that mindset.

He was an American, who bought guns legally. How do we stop that by not being nice?

Fly Rod
12-04-2015, 03:11 PM
He was an American, who bought guns legally. How do we stop that by not being nice?

He nor she did not buy the guns.....some have said in the past kiss and hug an ISIS and give them a job......Well he had a job

RIROCKHOUND
12-04-2015, 03:14 PM
He nor she did not buy the guns

I haven't followed the news today, how did they get the guns then?

Fly Rod
12-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Another person legally bought them he is what U would call a straw....FBI has him under surveillance.

RIROCKHOUND
12-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Another person legally bought them he is what U would call a straw....FBI has him under surveillance.

Surveillance? if he is a legit straw buyer his ass should be in jail....

Jim in CT
12-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Great, and sounds good in theory. She should have raised some red flags, and maybe his travel should have as well. The problem is, if he was on the 'watch list' many in the GOP argued against restricting guns for people on the watch list b/c the list might be wrong... how do we get past that mindset.

It is insane that anyone on the watchlist can buy a gun. If we stop that, and we should, that barely slows them down. we have an open border with Mexico. There will never be a shortage of guns. Never, ever, ever.

I'm no expert, and there are no easy solutions. But if the last 8 years have shown us anything, it's that we will not stop them by softening up as Obama has done.

I thnk I'm at the point where I wish this religion went away. Yes, 99% of them might be great, but 1% of 2 billion people is 20 million. Unless the 99% start exerting a whole lot more influence on the 1%...i don't know. I don't like where my thoughts are going, but I've seen enough blood at the hands of these people to have exhausted my patience.

For starters, I'd go back to pouring water up the noses of people we know for certain are involved. I'd cut of every cent of aid to every country that's stabbing us in the back on this. I'd get the doctor who helped us get Bin Laden out of prison, bring him here, give him his $25M reward, then tell the whole world that if you help us, we will treat you like a friend.

We know where the ISIS strongholds are. If I was in charge, those would be gone, smoldering, the sand would be glass for Nebe to work with. Start doing that, cut off aid to these countries, and let the 99% know that as soon as the 1% is completely routed, we will restore aid and help the 99% live better lives.

And if we have terrorists in custody who aren't ansewring our questions when we ask nicely...well, I would set up a CIA interrogation school that would teach waterboarding on the first day, and instruction in electroshock and fingernail removal before graduation, then I'd turn 'em loose.

every single war we've ever fought, has been horrible and ugly, and that's when we fight enemies that abide by the Geneva Convention. If we want to win this one, we're going to have to do things we've never had to do before. I don't like that one bit, but we didn't create that scenario. But if the choices are burying more innocent people, or torturing/slaughtering those who orchestrate the attacks...if those are the 2 choices, I know where I stand now, regardless of collateral damage. I'm just done, tired of seeing the grieving innocents.

Is there a Muslim country that is stable within its borders, and at peace with its neighbors? Any Muslim countries where Christians, women, and homosexuals live happy lives?

It's my understanding that one of the California victims was a Christian living in the Middle East, who came here to escape religious persecution. For her to come all the way here and still die at their hands...I just can't comprehend it.

And forget about the Syrian refugees, at least the Muslim ones. I presume the female killer made it through the vetting process, correct? Well, if so, guess what? It doesn't work. Bomb the ISIS strongholds into the Stone Age, and giveth erefugees a safe place within their own countries.

I may feel very differently in a month. This is how I feel now. I do not think this religion has any place in the civilized world.

Jim in CT
12-04-2015, 03:37 PM
He nor she did not buy the guns.....some have said in the past kiss and hug an ISIS and give them a job......Well he had a job

Correct, that horse's ass in the State Department, Marie Harff, has said that we need a "nuanced" apprach that involves jobs. Well, guess what? This guy had a great job. The company recently threw a baby shower for this psycho, and some of their victims were the same exact people who planned his baby shower. This guy had a baby for God's sake, but his hatred for Americans trumped his feelings for his baby. That's so un-natural to me, as to be something other than human.

spence
12-04-2015, 03:57 PM
It is reported that just before she left for the massacre, she made an online post stating her committment to ISIS.

And Obama, you gotta give him credit, concedes that it just migt be connected to Islamic jihad!
I love it, now you want to hold Obama retroactively responsible for comments made before information is public.

buckman
12-04-2015, 04:34 PM
I love it, now you want to hold Obama retroactively responsible for comments made before information is public.

I agree Spence . Obama rarely attends security meetings and gets most of his Intel from the news .

Jim in CT
12-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Does he, or doesn't he, have access to info that's not made public yet?

When he said it was "possibly" terrorism, everyone knew it was almost certainly terrorism. People don't leave work angry, an come back with pipe bombs. Yet he still clung to the possibility (hope) that it was just a disgruntled worker.

Even if he only has access to what's on the news, you said he still hasn't called the Ft Hood shooting, terrorism. We all know what it was. He's an incompetent, in-over-his-head, horse's ass, and his legacy is circling the drain. I'm sorry if that makes you come un-glued, but that's his fault, not mine.

spence
12-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Even if he only has access to what's on the news, you said he still hasn't called the Ft Hood shooting, terrorism.
That's not what I said, I said the incident wasn't classified as terrorism under federal law. He was convicted of murder.

Fly Rod
12-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Spence....I do not hold him responsible...the info was public, he is dragging his ass about this...he just does not want to admit it is isis provoked.

Spence U should apply for the daily news conference job....UUU love to protect this guy

Fly Rod
12-04-2015, 09:05 PM
The white house lights went dark around 4 PM your president does not want to discuss it....look for him tomorrow if he comes out from hiding...do not B surprised if he comes tomorrow with this attack is work connected.

Nebe
12-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Hope and Change. Hope and Change.

The Dad Fisherman
12-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Hope for Change, Hope for Change....

justplugit
12-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Has he gone to San Bernardino to console the victims and
thank our law enforcement for their superb work, yet?

Fly Rod
12-06-2015, 07:28 AM
More gun laws will not work.....any and all laws go aganist the legal carries....there RRRR no laws for those that pocess illega guns....Spence do not come on and tell us they were purchased legally....In california buying and transfering a gun with out legal written transfer is illegal....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/californias-strict-gun-laws-failed-to-stop-mass-shooting/ar-AAg4gCK?li=BBnb7Kz

buckman
12-06-2015, 07:34 AM
More gun laws will not work.....any and all laws go aganist the legal carries....there RRRR no laws for those that pocess illega guns....Spence do not come on and tell us they were purchased legally....In california buying and transfering a gun with out legal written transfer is illegal....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/californias-strict-gun-laws-failed-to-stop-mass-shooting/ar-AAg4gCK?li=BBnb7Kz

It really is simply , just ban illegal guns and remove them from the streets 😂

spence
12-06-2015, 09:43 AM

The handguns were bought legally, the assault rifles were bought legally, transferred illegally and modified illegally. A few points...

- Selling a gun that's easily modifiable to make it more lethal should raise a red flag.

- State laws that can be circumvented by crossing a line points to a federal solution.

- Gun control is a long-term strategy. At the least we should be able to study the issue and the NRA won't even allow it.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership but what we have today is just short of a free for all. I'd note that the Paris attackers had to go to great lengths to get their weapons. They were defunct AK47s from Eastern Europe, repaired somewhere, smuggled though Belgium and into Paris.

In the US you just go to your local Wal-Mart.

scottw
12-06-2015, 10:02 AM
The handguns were bought legally, the assault rifles were bought legally, transferred illegally and modified illegally. A few points...

- Selling a gun that's easily modifiable to make it more lethal should raise a red flag.

- State laws that can be circumvented by crossing a line points to a federal solution.

- Gun control is a long-term strategy. At the least we should be able to study the issue and the NRA won't even allow it.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership but what we have today is just short of a free for all. I'd note that the Paris attackers had to go to great lengths to get their weapons. They were defunct AK47s from Eastern Europe, repaired somewhere, smuggled though Belgium and into Paris.

In the US you just go to your local Wal-Mart.

that's some impressive nonsense

JohnR
12-06-2015, 10:07 AM
A few points...

Most guns are easily modifiable. You can print a gun today.

The only way to federally solve is a confiscation and that attempt will end the current government.

I would like to see some study done. I do not trust the Gun Control people to do the study. I do not trust someone that states "Gun Control Is A Long Term Strategy"

You (and others) want to define and dictate what is responsible ownership is.

In the US you just go to your local Wal-Mart. This is so full of crap.

spence
12-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Most guns are easily modifiable. You can print a gun today.
It would be pretty easy to design a firearm such that it's difficult to make more lethal. As for additive manufacturing, why bother if you can just hit your local shop?

The only way to federally solve is a confiscation and that attempt will end the current government.
No that's not the only way. You can enforce laws, provide incentives for reclamation and create stronger regulations that protect the rights of responsible gun owners.

I would like to see some study done. I do not trust the Gun Control people to do the study. I do not trust someone that states "Gun Control Is A Long Term Strategy"
Sorry to throw down the common sense remarks. Perhaps randomly fluctuating regulations would be easier to sustain and understand.

You (and others) want to define and dictate what is responsible ownership is.
I think if you could get the NRA to stop brainwashing their members and politicians people would find common ground pretty easily.
This is so full of crap.
Oops, my bad. I see Wal-Mart stopped selling assault rifles in August

tysdad115
12-06-2015, 04:50 PM
More laws will actually make criminals follow the laws they don't follow now?? I just can't get my head up my ass to see liberal logic..

Nebe
12-06-2015, 05:24 PM
More laws will actually make criminals follow the laws they don't follow now?? I just can't get my head up my ass to see liberal logic..

Isn't fascism great ? Get everyone scared senseless and then start taking away their rights. Maybe we will do away with search warrants soon and let police search our houses at their whim

tysdad115
12-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Isn't fascism great ? Get everyone scared senseless and then start taking away their rights. Maybe we will do away with search warrants soon and let police search our houses at their whim

No way that will happen. What will it take to get these idiots to realize that more laws aren't the answer.

Nebe
12-06-2015, 06:46 PM
No way that will happen. What will it take to get these idiots to realize that more laws aren't the answer.

They realize it but what you have to realize is that what they want is more power. More power to tax, more power to rule your life, more power to get away with more tomorrow from opertunities to capitalize off of today.

Fishpart
12-06-2015, 06:59 PM
They realize it but what you have to realize is that what they want is more power. More power to tax, more power to rule your life, more power to get away with more tomorrow from opertunities to capitalize off of today.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device Check, unfortunately the sheeple don't understand how the ruling class operates..

tysdad115
12-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Those who would allow that and prefer that deserve to suffer the consequences.

Nebe
12-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Those who would allow that and prefer that deserve to suffer the consequences.

Don't forget about what Ben Franklin said about that.

Nebe
12-06-2015, 08:20 PM
'Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.'

I think of this every time I fly and watch how TSA operates.

The Dad Fisherman
12-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Don't forget about what Ben Franklin said about that.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Nebe
12-06-2015, 08:32 PM
Boobs are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Or this

detbuch
12-06-2015, 09:56 PM

This is exactly the kind of thinking which has to a great degree destroyed our constitutional system of government. And if not checked and reversed, will totally erase it--"fundamentally transform" it, as Obama knows very well and intentionally wishes to do. Crossing a State line, if that is what you mean by a "line," is far from pointing to federal involvement. The Commerce clause was clearly intended to prevent States from imposing tariffs or banning products simply because they come from another State. It was intended to ensure the free flow of commerce between States, not to restrict it or federally regulate it. The intentional misuse (false "interpretation") of the Commerce clause (and most other Clauses) has so bastardized the constitutional structure that it gives the Federal government nearly unlimited power (if it so chooses) over the States. This is no big secret. And if you are somehow not aware of it, you're a progressive useful idiot. I believe you damned well know it and approve of it. You never answered the question "are States necessary?" From the line of thinking you present, I don't believe you really think they are. If anything, you may consider them (especially "red" states) to be an obstacle to supposedly good government.

The issue has been and is being "studied." The NRA cannot legislate against nor stop the study of the issue. It can lobby, as can left wing gun controllers, the Congress. But what you really mean, as usual, is that the FEDERAL government is prevented from studying it. With, in my opinion, good reason. I don't know what the NRA rationale is, but to me it is dangerous to our constitutionally guaranteed rights to have the very institution the Constitution bans from abridging those rights study the "need" or efficacy of imposing control over them. As I've said before, that is a version of letting the fox in the henhouse. States can make their own studies, as can any private organizations, persons, or non-federal organizations. And they do.

The Federal government has specific enumerated powers to which it must attend. Those powers alone are enough to keep it productively busy. When it goes beyond the specified duties, it overburdens itself beyond its capability to justly govern and imposes dictatorial regulations against the will of the people as well as bankrupting the nation and financial future of all but its commercial and political cronies.

And it ultimately usurps the power of the States, ergo diminishes the governments closest to and most directly responsible to its citizens.

Thus it gradually erodes the functions of the States which become mere vassals of the central government. They become increasingly superfluous and an impediment to central power.

A process which I assume you approve of.

Slipknot
12-06-2015, 10:20 PM

you need more flexibility Andy, try yoga or stretching

Raven
12-07-2015, 08:44 AM
that southern guy with more guns than they could count

bad guys buy guns from this kind of source

not gun stores

Jim in CT
12-07-2015, 09:50 AM
'Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.'

I think of this every time I fly and watch how TSA operates.

Liberals love that quote. It's idiotic. In other words, "people who don't want to be blown to bits, deserve to be blown to bits".

You don't get the nature of this enemy, and what they are aspiring to do. You just don't get it.

scottw
12-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Liberals love that quote. .

and probably have no idea about it's origin

https://books.google.com/books?id=HptPAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA100&dq=%22deserve+neither%22+franklin+-essential&hl=en&sa=X&ei=0Gn6UojUGuPr2wWlnYHoAw#v=onepage&q=%22deserve%20neither%22%20franklin%20-essential&f=false

detbuch
12-07-2015, 10:48 AM
and probably have no idea about it's origin

https://books.google.com/books?id=HptPAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA100&dq=%22deserve+neither%22+franklin+-essential&hl=en&sa=X&ei=0Gn6UojUGuPr2wWlnYHoAw#v=onepage&q=%22deserve%20neither%22%20franklin%20-essential&f=false

Which makes one wonder why, if Nebe likes the quote, he wants to vote for a Socialist.

tysdad115
12-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Which makes one wonder why, if Nebe likes the quote, he wants to vote for a Socialist.

Well the socialist is in favor of legalizing marijuana, oh and free stuff. Free stuff for everyone!!!