View Full Version : Why are Plumbers so hard to find?

Hookedagain
12-02-2015, 07:34 PM
I have been looking for a reliable plumber for months now. I have had several meet me at the job and tell me he will put together a quote....never to be heard from again. A few just never showed up. I am in need of a licensed plumber in Mass and R.I. The work is commercial and is in the laundry field. Laundromats, nursing homes, hotel, motels, prisons....amy place that uses commercial laundry equipment. Sometime it is one or two machines but I have an entire laundromat in North Providence and another in Somerset Ma. I there is any plumbers that want some work, let me know.

Spud

Fly Rod
12-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Do U pay on time or do they have to wait?...from your read it isn't that they R small jobs, they could make some good money....in the building & remodeling business for 40 years, used same plumbers and electricians. Once retired they would not come to do a small job at my house...finally told both to remember they came to me for work.....now they come when I call them....:)

Hookedagain
12-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Some are smaller jobs, a few washers here and there. At the moment I have a bigger job I am in need of a plumber for. I also have a complete Laundromat coming up in North Providence. As far as I know everyone gets paid when the job is complete and the bill has been submitted.

Nebe
12-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Just had a situation in South Carolina like this with electricians. I came to the conclusion that some electricians and maybe plumbers are good at what they do but if you throw them a curveball and make them actually have to think or problem solve they will just dump the job and pick up something easier. With the economy improving, many people who have put off getting work done to their homes are now pulling the trigger so there's an abundance of jobs to pick up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

justplugit
12-05-2015, 06:58 PM
When you find a good one, pay cash, bring coffee, bagels or lunch.
Cash and food will bring them back when you need them. :hihi:

Hookedagain
12-06-2015, 07:31 AM
One guy told me he doesn't work in Laundromats...they're too dirty. LOL..Its brand new, not a single piece of equipment in there yet. People make me laugh.

Fly Rod
12-06-2015, 07:43 AM
aways believed in small jobs.....they lead to big jobs....little jobs were the gravy(pocket money)