View Full Version : Daughter surprised me

nightfighter
12-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Almost 23 yo asked me if I would take her to a range. I agreed to do so, AFTER she takes a gun safety course, which would set her on the right path to be licensed.... Told her it would be part of her Christmas and she immediately said yes. Was not expecting this but am pleasantly surprised. As far as I know she has only shot a 12 ga a couple times in Maine. Can't wait.....

PRBuzz
12-09-2015, 06:52 PM
All the media stories scaring her? Anyways good for her

nightfighter
12-09-2015, 07:10 PM
I don't think so. She was over and happened to come into a room when I had one of the safes open..... She asked to hold a hand gun, so I showed her how to check to see if it was loaded and how to grip a weapon. Started her off with a S&W .357 Magnum Combat. :bl: Never shown any interest, yet she's always known that I own. I will strike while the iron is hot and try to get her in next week's class at Danvers F&G.

Rockport24
12-10-2015, 10:22 AM
That's great Ross, the more young women (or all women) who are able to defend themselves, the better!

My mother in law actually just expressed interest as well, might have to take her to the range! My wife wants nothing to do with it because she says she might shoot me (is she joking??? hard to tell! LOL!)

tysdad115
12-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Great Ross. The more the merrier! My wife now sends me pictures of all the firearms she wants me to get her..I went and picked up her new G43 on Tuesday so she's good for now.

Slipknot
12-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Good for her Ross
as Andy says, the more the merrier

Great Ross. The more the merrier! My wife now sends me pictures of all the firearms she wants me to get her..I went and picked up her new G43 on Tuesday so she's good for now.
when are we going to go get me one?

tysdad115
12-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Good for her Ross
as Andy says, the more the merrier

when are we going to go get me one?
You know I can make that happen!

ThrowingTimber
12-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Congrats Ross! Yes! The more the merrier!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockport24
12-10-2015, 03:53 PM
yeah does that work if we send you pics of things we want Andy??? and how did you get a G43 in MA? I don't even want to think about what people are charging for those..

edit - just saw they are now on the MA roster... cool...

tysdad115
12-10-2015, 05:39 PM
yeah does that work if we send you pics of things we want Andy??? and how did you get a G43 in MA? I don't even want to think about what people are charging for those..

edit - just saw they are now on the MA roster... cool...

I'm a law abiding citizen to the core!

nightfighter
12-12-2015, 09:11 AM
I now have her twin brother going as well.

tysdad115
12-12-2015, 04:48 PM
I now have her twin brother going as well.

Well done sir. If you guys want to shoot idpa or uspsa let me know. We go all over shooting.