View Full Version : She's graduated! Get to work!

nightfighter
12-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Daughter finished up at Savannah College of Art Design last month. So now comes the next stage of life.... Loan payments for all of us. And how to make a living with her skillset.
So between some shifts at a local restaurant, she has been busy painting ornaments from photos of children, pets and boats. She is my daughter, but I am impressed with her work. Here is a shot of two done of my brother's dogs. and she nailed them.

ecduzitgood
12-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Very nice. She may want to look into craft shows since she has the talent for some extra income. She could set up a website to take custom orders also.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

vineyardblues
12-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Ross you did a great job. She will find something as I can see she has skills. Happy Holidays.
Peter

ProfessorM
12-12-2015, 08:47 PM
congrats. Very talented. Good luck with the job search.

Nebe
12-12-2015, 09:04 PM
As a professional ornament maker, I say very nice!

I was in Savannah in October and was amazed at how huge SCAD was and such a cool little city.

ThrowingTimber
12-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Congrats!

Ross, have her take a look at the shoes and bands the ladies over at "the enchanted brush" paint and their rates etc.

Rockport24
12-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Congrats to her and you!
The good news is that you live in an area that values artists - though it may not be an immediate full time income, there seems to be a lot of places to sell original art on the north shore alone. I mean, the prices on some of this stuff is staggering in Rockport and places like the vineyard and folks that frequent those areas have the cash..

I think the key is carving out a niche and being a master marketer. Ornaments like that are a great idea, I'm sure there are lot of people that would pay good money for her to do a portrait of their dog!

Fly Rod
12-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Congratulations to her....painting pictures of peoples dogs, cats etc: is a great idea...craft shows would B great if people would have a picture for her to copy from.....:)

Raven
12-16-2015, 06:47 AM
I've been seeing those full size and larger
dog t-shirts where the sleeves are the ears

allot of customization there....

Jenn
12-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Nice. Always admired people that can do that.

Now....have her do up some with striped bass, beachy scenes and she will be on her way to paying back those loans! :)

Nebe
12-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Congrats to her and you!
The good news is that you live in an area that values artists - though it may not be an immediate full time income, there seems to be a lot of places to sell original art on the north shore alone. I mean, the prices on some of this stuff is staggering in Rockport and places like the vineyard and folks that frequent those areas have the cash..

I think the key is carving out a niche and being a master marketer. Ornaments like that are a great idea, I'm sure there are lot of people that would pay good money for her to do a portrait of their dog!

Being the Master marketer is the key. Making the work is the easy part. Selling the next one is much harder !