View Full Version : Prop

Guppy
12-15-2015, 05:31 PM
I beat it up clamming last few weeks, do ya think I can hammer it out or should I send it out,,, any suggestions on where
TIA

thefishingfreak
12-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Hammer and dolly smooth then file off the burrs.
Not worth sending out, you're just going to pay someone to Hammer and dolly smooth then file off the burrs
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Cohenfishin
12-15-2015, 06:29 PM
I beat it up clamming last few weeks, do ya think I can hammer it out or should I send it out,,, any suggestions on where
TIA
Gup I have a guy in Dartmouth who does exceptional work for a reasonable price he actually uses a computer program to bring prop back to 100% pitch

seadogg
12-15-2015, 06:44 PM
You probably wanna have that thing dealt with professionally. Balancing the prop is an important step you might not be able to do on your own. Think of the stress you're putting on gears, seals, etc. with that thing out of whack. Ever have a tire out of balance? It's harmful to your car. Same goes for an unbalanced prop on a boat. A good thing might be to buy a new prop and have the old one refinished. Now you have a spare. From my experiences you might expect to pay between 80 and $100 to refurb.

wdmso
12-16-2015, 05:34 AM
Guppy Thats a funny looking depth finder ...

would swapping out to a cheaper alum prop for claming be a better choice or more of a pain to swap out for the amount of time you go ?

Guppy
12-16-2015, 07:25 AM

would swapping out to a cheaper alum prop for claming be a better choice or more of a pain to swap out for the amount of time you go ?

Thanks guys,,,,
Wayne, that's a great idea, swapping is a simple task

MakoMike
12-16-2015, 09:20 AM
I've used a guy in Middletown RI to recon my props. Let me know if you want me to dig out his name and number.

Billybob
12-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Doesn't look too bad to me, I'd do what the freak suggests

bobber
12-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Doesn't look too bad to me, I'd do what the freak suggests

my thoughts exactly......

Sea Flat
12-18-2015, 09:59 AM

This is what I was going to say as well. Pretty sure you can get a new prop on iboats for about $100

Guppy
12-18-2015, 05:01 PM
This is what I was going to say as well. Pretty sure you can get a new prop on iboats for about $100

Santa's getting pissed,,, my list keeps getting longer.... :rtfm:

Clammer
12-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Guppy .do you ever dig steamers ><><>

Catch the tides the next few days they S/M awesome ><><>

:wid::wid:

Guppy
12-22-2015, 05:30 PM
yes, I'm happy to say
Rec is Sunday's only with a 10 qt. limit.... Haven't been in a couple weeks but had my fill this fall. Boats getting wrapped next week so I'm done, although I may try and row to the cove I dig at.

It's not hard to have a lot of company on Sunday's ,,, they come out of the woodwork ,,, LOL ��