View Full Version : And we need more gun laws??

buckman
12-22-2015, 02:03 PM
The guy that supplied the gun used by the Boston Marathon bombers to kill an MIT cop has been sentenced to time served !!
That's right, 17 months jail time !!
He had admitted that he lent them the gun because they wanted to rob students , but did not know about the bombing plans .
This kid should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life and I would bet I speak for every NRA member .

ecduzitgood
12-22-2015, 04:51 PM
This seems like a time when laws should have teeth. How can a gun owner not be held responsible (extreme punishment required) if they give a person who cannot legally have a gun a gun and allow it out of their immediate supervision.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
12-22-2015, 04:58 PM
I don't think you can say from this instance the laws don't have teeth. They reduced his sentence because he gave them a ton of information to secure the death penalty for Tsarnaev.

buckman
12-22-2015, 05:17 PM
I don't think you can say from this instance the laws don't have teeth. They reduced his sentence because he gave them a ton of information to secure the death penalty for Tsarnaev.

That's the problem with gun laws, they are always pleaded out. Even when a criminal is convicted they are put back on the street . The NRA has been asking for current commonsense, gun laws to be enforced , and mandatory sentencing but those convicted of gun crimes . Does this make sense to you?
I'm not a professional prosecutor but on the face I would say the two terrorist could've been convicted without his testimony . This kid gave them a firearm knowing a felony was going to be committed with it . The prosecutors just took the easy route . Pretty sure your tone might change if one of your family members had been killed . That seems to be that way with liberals

buckman
12-22-2015, 05:21 PM
This seems like a time when laws should have teeth. How can a gun owner not be held responsible (extreme punishment required) if they give a person who cannot legally have a gun a gun and allow it out of their immediate supervision.

It was worse than that, he knew they were going to commit a felony with this firearm . He admitted they wanted to borrow it to rob students.

spence
12-22-2015, 05:31 PM
That's the problem with gun laws, they are always pleaded out. Even when a criminal is convicted they are put back on the street . The NRA has been asking for current commonsense, gun laws to be enforced , and mandatory sentencing but those convicted of gun crimes . Does this make sense to you?
I'm not a professional prosecutor but on the face I would say the two terrorist could've been convicted without his testimony . This kid gave them a firearm knowing a felony was going to be committed with it . The prosecutors just took the easy route . Pretty sure your tone might change if one of your family members had been killed . That seems to be that way with liberals
I think there was concern he would gain sympathy by saying his brother was the ringleader and he was just being dragged along. The information by Silva specifically countered this defense. This was a high profile case and I think the prosecutors wanted to ensure the death penalty...because the family members wanted accountability.

buckman
12-22-2015, 05:41 PM
I think there was concern he would gain sympathy by saying his brother was the ringleader and he was just being dragged along. The information by Silva specifically countered this defense. This was a high profile case and I think the prosecutors wanted to ensure the death penalty...because the family members wanted accountability.

I would buy that as plausible except for the fact that he said he knew nothing about the bombings or the intentions.

ecduzitgood
12-23-2015, 12:45 AM
It was worse than that, he knew they were going to commit a felony with this firearm . He admitted they wanted to borrow it to rob students.

That's a good point.

The Dad Fisherman
12-23-2015, 07:36 AM
The judicial system is basically "Let's Make a Deal"

Raven
12-23-2015, 07:38 AM
I believe it will return to him ten fold

spence
12-23-2015, 08:38 AM
I would buy that as plausible except for the fact that he said he knew nothing about the bombings or the intentions.
Well, the testimony was directly in context of his dealing with the younger brother to acquire the handgun. He certainly could have learned enough about their relationship to form an opinion based on those dynamics without knowing about the plot.

Flip side is the prosecution fails to get the death penalty and you'd be beotching about that now and most likely blaming Obama.

buckman
12-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Well, the testimony was directly in context of his dealing with the younger brother to acquire the handgun. He certainly could have learned enough about their relationship to form an opinion based on those dynamics without knowing about the plot.

Flip side is the prosecution fails to get the death penalty and you'd be beotching about that now and most likely blaming Obama.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure "opinions" are not allowed in court.
If this kid knew more , then you're not making his extremely light sentence any more palatable .

spence
12-23-2015, 09:05 AM
I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure "opinions" are not allowed in court.
If this kid knew more , then you're not making his extremely light sentence any more palatable .
I said he could have seen enough to form an opinion. You testify to the facts in the case, doesn't mean the person doesn't have an individual perspective...it just has to be relevant to the evidence.

Slipknot
12-23-2015, 09:34 AM
The judicial system is basically "Let's Make a Deal"

kind of like our current Administration :wall:

Slipknot
12-23-2015, 09:40 AM
This kid should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life and I would bet I speak for every NRA member .

yes

Rockport24
12-23-2015, 09:46 AM
They should have said to this punk "testify and your sentence will be reduced to 30 years instead of life in prison"

this isn't simply a gun law thing, its an accomplice to murder

Oh well, glad the liberals got their way this time, they won't when Trump is elected! LOL!

tysdad115
12-23-2015, 10:49 AM
They should have said to this punk "testify and your sentence will be reduced to 30 years instead of life in prison"

this isn't simply a gun law thing, its an accomplice to murder

Oh well, glad the liberals got their way this time, they won't when Trump is elected! LOL!
You expected anything else in this state? The court system is second only to the govt in liberal trash. No worries, he apologized and is working on turning his life around.
I'm sure us guys would get the same results if we provided a firearm with the serial numbers filed off to terrorists. Nothing to see here move along.

Rockport24
12-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Let's all have a huge laugh together when this guy is in the news again because he was arrested for some horrible crime!

buckman
12-23-2015, 11:15 AM
I wonder how the police feel about 17 months served for providing the illegal gun, illegally, that murdered a police officer . This infuriates me

PaulS
12-23-2015, 11:20 AM
You expected anything else in this state? The court system is second only to the govt in liberal trash. No worries, he apologized and is working on turning his life around.
I'm sure us guys would get the same results if we provided a firearm with the serial numbers filed off to terrorists. Nothing to see here move along.

you got a lotta hate there. Do you have an EAP at work? Maybe you should talk to someone.

Jim in CT
12-23-2015, 03:27 PM
you got a lotta hate there. Do you have an EAP at work? Maybe you should talk to someone.

Can't make him wrong, so label him a hatemonger. Check.

tysdad115
12-23-2015, 05:14 PM
I talk to the voices in my head, they hate everyone too.

tysdad115
12-23-2015, 05:27 PM

The first amendment is only ok with them if you're agreeing with them , otherwise they label to whatever fits their current agenda.

PaulS
12-23-2015, 09:36 PM

Talk to your priest if calling people liberal trash is hateful.

ecduzitgood
02-07-2016, 07:18 PM
6 dead and no guns..maybe if they had a gun some or all of them would be alive today and the animals who did this would be off the streets.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-2-children-2-women-2-men-found-134819902.html

Police say they believe six people found dead inside a Chicago home were killed in a "targeted incident," though they're still trying to determine a possible motive. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi (goo-lee-EHL'-mee) said Friday night the killings could have occurred during a robbery or a domestic incident.

detbuch
02-12-2016, 03:18 PM
If this guy had bashed in the woman's head with a blunt object, he wouldn't have been threatened with the loss of his job:

http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/14260/updated_valet_who_helped_save_stabbing_victim_at_g m_tech_center_has_been_suspended#.Vr49KUv2Y5s