View Full Version : 2016 New Year's fishing resolutions

rphud
12-26-2015, 07:54 AM
I thought I would start us off.

Mine, fish the first two weeks of the Derby (and maybe a bit of each other week too, depending.)

niko
12-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Makos on spinning setup
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish
12-26-2015, 11:04 AM
A trip with my kayak to Musky-ville!! Been wanting to for a few years and 2016 will be the year! I want to catch musky from my yak on wooden lures!!!

tattoobob
12-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Haha None for me, just going to play it by ear

JohnR
12-26-2015, 11:58 AM
More fishing this year.

PRBuzz
12-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Let me know if anybody's wish is to fish on the BeeReel and for what! :)

buckman
12-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Going to lose 20 Lbs ....really

tattoobob
12-26-2015, 04:44 PM
More fishing this year.

You say this every year :rotf2:

Guppy
12-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Last year was fish more from the beach, didn't happen :-(

Take more SBers fishing with me on the boat if they dare... ;);)

tysdad115
12-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Be more of a boat whore.

ProfessorM
12-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Don't think it is physically possible for me to fish more but I will try my best as my cottage is 98% done so I will have more time and energy. I will try and get my other boat on the water this year after 2 years of not using it, just wasn't feeling it. If I don't I am selling it and will stick to the tin boat.

afterhours
12-26-2015, 06:40 PM
more fishing....and to fish with some sb.com guys more often.

Clogston29
12-26-2015, 08:24 PM
More variety.

hardcore from shore
12-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Fish as much as last year, which was a lot. Feel like every day I go fishing that I am as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. Which is how I felt this past year no matter what time or tide I fished day or night.

joebaggs99
12-26-2015, 09:28 PM
More kayak fishing for bottom dwellers.

piemma
12-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Fish more! Both boat and surf. I probably fished less this pass year than every before.

Sea Dangles
12-27-2015, 08:35 AM
I would like to get more SBers on my boat this year. Last year I got a few guys out and had fun,even caught a couple.

wdmso
12-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Fish earlier in the season get to block island night fishing and several more near shore trips for shark and tuna and mahi mahi never caught one or seen one up close. I will fish with any SOL member I fish alone more than I care to and this limits where I can fish safely

ivanputski
12-27-2015, 09:15 AM
My goal is to stay the course, find a better spot for early -mid july. Also, 2015 was the first year i did better on plugs than in eels... This was a major convenience and i hope i can do the same in 2016.

Swimmer
12-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Skip the 50# quest and go right to a 60# er.

PRBuzz
12-27-2015, 10:59 AM
....... I will fish with any SOL member .......

Better post that wish on the "other" board! :laugha:

Clammer
12-27-2015, 12:13 PM
No S hit Buzz .then it can lead to a [beat down] :sspam:

wdmso
12-27-2015, 12:46 PM
thanks for pointing that out!! OMG that was a huge typo on my part ! SBers are those I was referring to.. I guess I am still a little traumatized from my time spent there..

Bronko
12-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Fish more! Both boat and surf. I probably fished less this pass year than every before.

Same here, I fished less this past year than ever before.

macojoe
12-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Hoping for my transplant and fish the fall?? hope to get the boat ready even if its for 2017!! I only fished once this year :(

PRBuzz
12-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Makos on spinning setup

Good luck they are fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cje-zQMYX5Y

chefchris401
12-27-2015, 10:48 PM
Fish more in general

Fish baits that I used to crush on that I got away from, like rigged sluggos.

Fish my own plugs more often!

Catch on fellow sb members plugs.

Fish smarter not harder!

Spend more time with my dad on and off the water

shadow
12-27-2015, 11:11 PM
Last year i too fished less then i ever have so i hope i get out more often next season. I had a good season and found the bite better with plugs then my usual eel bite.

jimmy z
12-28-2015, 02:58 AM
Locate and fish new spots here in Ct.

JLH
12-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Hopefully more variety this year. Every year I get so into surfcasting that I forget that there are so many other fish out there to pursue. Getting a 50 on a plug I built would also be nice :kewl:

ThrowingTimber
12-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Bluefin over 200# on a rod ive built and on a lure I've built. As far as bass is concerned less zagging when i should be zigging 😬

Rob Rockcrawler
12-28-2015, 10:58 AM
FIsh more, simple enough.

RickBomba
12-28-2015, 01:03 PM
1. Fish on the boat with DadBomba and Rappin Mikey.
2. Catch tuna from boat.
3. Fish with Dangles.
4. Fish with Guppy.
5. Fish with 5/0.
6. Fish with TTB.

(3 through 6 are not necessarily in the order of importance)

Clammer
12-28-2015, 02:54 PM
thanks Rick :nailem:

nightfighter
12-28-2015, 04:09 PM
To be at a certain "river" during some magical June tides. Never been there....only passed through.
To have a full cast at Cuttyhunk again, and maybe even get Clammer onboard again!
Another night, or more, fishing around Block. I had one of the best times ever one magical evening this past summer, and would love to bring that crew together again.
More albie fishing. Was fortunate to be a guest on Dangles' beautiful ride and he put us on them.
To get some of you who have had me, make your way to my home waters. (and I hope I can put you on fish as well as you did for me!)
To learn more techniques. Fishing is so regionalized. Guys just ten miles away are doing something different and its working. Learned a ton in BB with Cohen.
To suck it up and get out with Fishbucket.......and Joe B.

But above all, good health, better health to all!

RickBomba
12-29-2015, 07:46 PM
thanks Rick :nailem:

I was on your boat once, Mike. That was the day you played chicken with the day beacon, remember?

I'm glad I jumped off when I did.

I would like to fish with you very much.

Your pal,
Rick

Clammer
12-29-2015, 07:49 PM
NOPE , don,t remember that .But I guess it could have happen ><><:huh:

RickBomba
12-30-2015, 07:25 AM
NOPE , don,t remember that .But I guess it could have happen ><><:huh:

It was the day you lost your lower unit off Cutty. I was only onboard for a second at the docks. It doesn't count as fishing.

Clammer
12-30-2015, 07:31 AM
OK , now I feel better ..

I know you weren,t with us when I hit the channel marker in the middle of the night in the middle of November ..

for some reason that guys doesn,t fish with me anymore :eek:

JohnR
12-30-2015, 08:05 AM
OK , now I feel better ..

I know you weren,t with us when I hit the channel marker in the middle of the night in the middle of November ..

for some reason that guys doesn,t fish with me anymore :eek:

:rotf3:

Got Stripers
12-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Am I sensing a pattern Mike:).

bassballer
12-30-2015, 11:41 AM
We just bought a house in VT. Looking to spend some weekends up there on the lakes and rivers tossing the fly rod around.

Clammer
12-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Ya know I Bob , I guess its just me .I was thinking about it ,,,,,&&&& I can,t remember all of them BUT

But I did slam into the POINT street bridge / that was good for some descent hull damage .

Beside s the lower unit @ Cutty ...........I,ve lost one hitting under water pilings at a super load tide with way to much weight in the boat.
Then I ran over a rope that had a log on the end . the rope wrapped around the lower unit & the log smashed the lower unit .

last year it just not looking .....slammed another rock .......another lower unti .

props don,t even count anymore .

the boat currently sits @ the marina ....snapped the steering & the helm .

the tin boat ...can,t remember them all .But I do remember dave F-18 & I running up on a ice flow because the bass were underneath it ..................also the New years Night JR & I went holdover fishing ............coming back home .heard a f #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g bang .WTF was that ............ the boat came off the trailer completlely ........blocking traffic .... we got the guys in the car behind us to help put it back on .............. went home ,

Now waaay back in the day I was trying to pulll out at the Ocean Grove ramp ...... with a 4cyk opel .............. revved the hell out of it to try & get up the ramp ... went flying up the ramp & this guy has his boat just to the left ,,,no where were he should be tieing down .................... swirved to miss him .I hit the the curb .. flipped the boat over .........it cut this back door off right at the hinges of his car .I picked it up & put it in his back seat .............The boat . we had to take what was still in it out & the motor ..off .. with onlookers we got it back on the trailer & hooked all the wiring back up / motor turned over .........besides his door the only think broken was a rod the anchor fell on ><>

&&&&&&&&&& Then there was this time we were flying down 195 we get on Washington Bridge . I smell something .look in the side mirrror / the trailor tire is on fire /look at the other mirror .that tire is also on fire ..........But that good until another day & time ><>:smash:

then there a ton of winter /ice/ cold / incedents :wall:

ivanputski
12-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Whoever said " boating is the life" or relaxing is insane...

Its great if you have a friend who owns a boat, but when you own the boat your mind is on a million things.
Thats why i prefer the surf even though i own a boat. Bg headache 80% of the time

RickBomba
12-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks Mike, for making my day at work just a little bit better with those stories.

Your Pal,
Rick

Clammer
12-30-2015, 02:31 PM
BTW no fish inProvidence today >< :point: or all fall .:crying:......tons of pogies :lossinit:

nightfighter
12-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Back in the day...Bet you wish you still had that car, Mike..... One of those, "only Clammer,,,,"

DZ
12-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Contemplate the term "grandpa"

Clammer
12-30-2015, 05:12 PM
damn right Ross, especially when I,m watching Mecum Auctions <><

JohnR
12-30-2015, 05:30 PM
Ya know I Bob , I guess its just me .I was thinking about it ,,,,,&&&& I can,t remember all of them BUT

But I did slam into the POINT street bridge / that was good for some descent hull damage .

Beside s the lower unit @ Cutty ...........I,ve lost one hitting under water pilings at a super load tide with way to much weight in the boat.
Then I ran over a rope that had a log on the end . the rope wrapped around the lower unit & the log smashed the lower unit .

last year it just not looking .....slammed another rock .......another lower unti .

the tin boat ...can,t remember them all .But I do remember dave F-18 & I running up on a ice flow because the bass were underneath it ..................also the New years Night JR & I went holdover fishing ............coming back home .heard a f #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g bang .WTF was that ............ the boat came off the trailer completlely ........blocking traffic .... we got the guys in the car behind us to help put it back on .............. went home ,

Now waaay back in the day I was trying to pulll out at the Ocean Grove ramp ...... with a 4cyk opel .............. revved the hell out of it to try & get up the ramp ... went flying up the ramp & this guy has his boat just to the left ,,,no where were he should be tieing down .................... swirved to miss him .I hit the the curb .. flipped the boat over .........it cut this back door off right at the hinges of his car .I picked it up & put it in his back seat .............The boat . we had to take what was still in it out & the motor ..off .. with onlookers we got it back on the trailer & hooked all the wiring back up / motor turned over .........besides his door the only think broken was a rod the anchor fell on ><>

&&&&&&&&&& Then there was this time we were flying down 195 we get on Washington Bridge . I smell something .look in the side mirrror / the trailor tire is on fire /look at the other mirror .that tire is also on fire ..........But that good until another day & time ><>:smash:

We were driving and every bump was squeak, creak, bang, boom, for 30 miles and we head up the Neck, hit a bump, there was a loud VVOOOM and then silence. Tin boat is lying sideways in the street. :rotf2:

Of course I remember the other time drifting eels

"Mike we're gonna hit the rock"
"Nahhh, we won't hit it"
"We're gonna hit the rock"
"No, we won't hit it"
"We're gonna hit the rock"
"Nahh, just fish"
"Mike, we hit the rock"

"Mother..."

Contemplate the term "grandpa"

CONGRATS!

nightfighter
12-30-2015, 06:25 PM
damn right Ross, especially when I,m watching Mecum Auctions <><

Yep. 1963 split roof coupe. Would have paid for ALL the lower units and a couple new boats!

https://youtu.be/OdKugKy0Wqc

Rappin Mikey
12-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Get my 3 year old daughter to reel in her first fish before the age of four. Whether sunny or striper. She got her first reel rod for x-mass. Thanks Rickman and Jess!

Slipknot
01-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Clammer LMFAO ripped his rear door off at the hinges
oh my God
thanks for the laugh

I had an Opel back in the day too

Green Light
01-02-2016, 11:11 PM
I have been reading about rod building for some time now.
I picked up rod building tools.
I am going to build a rod building bench.
2016 is the year that I finally build a custom rod!
Those of you you who know me, I am goal driven!
I will post pics when I am done. ;-)

Raven
01-03-2016, 07:10 AM
my goal is to catch a river striper
a togue
and a salmon all on the same day

Guppy
01-03-2016, 07:45 AM
1. Fish on the boat with DadBomba and Rappin Mikey.
2. Catch tuna from boat.
3. Fish with Dangles.
4. Fish with Guppy.
5. Fish with 5/0.
6. Fish with TTB.

(3 through 6 are not necessarily in the order of importance)

I hope u know one of the names on that list (4) is a complete duffer,,, spend enough time on the water ya bound to hook something!

Anytime Rick :thanks:

Got Stripers
01-03-2016, 08:05 AM
At least you can laugh at all the oops, sounds like you have an OMG artical in you similar to the one I wrote for OTW, we all have one in us I'm sure.

Rmarsh
01-03-2016, 10:19 AM
To catch a decent size striper from the boat, on the river, at night, on an eel.

Catch my limit of black sea bass fishing with my wife.

To catch more false albacore and bonito by saving all my vacation time for September.

Catch and release my largest striper ever from shore on a lure.

Meet up with a few more SB boat guys this year.

Happy New Year to all and Good Luck to everyone:cheers2: