View Full Version : Plugfest bites the dust, no?

ProfessorM
01-08-2016, 04:26 PM
I guess plugfest has gone the way of the dinosaur. Does not seem to be any interest anymore and last 2 were so sporadically attended. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Guppy
01-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Ya, I don't build but enjoyed going to see everyone's handy work. Last year was like a morgue.

chefchris401
01-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Didn't the last two fall on other big show days?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter
01-08-2016, 07:29 PM
I haven't really finished more than a dozen over the past two years. Family stuff two years ago. Snow removal killed it for me last year.

Maybe taking a year off is not a bad idea as you don't know what you have until it's gone for a bit......

ProfessorM
01-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Yeah I took last year off too but am back at it this year and actually enjoying it. I don't think last year was on other show dates, year before I think was. A lot of the guys that used to come are selling these days so they aren't interested in just for fun anymore I guess. Maybe next year.

thefishingfreak
01-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Move it back to Bruce's shop

pbadad
01-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Gee I miss one year and no more ??

Slipknot
01-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Sounds good

ProfessorM
01-09-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm game.

chefchris401
01-09-2016, 03:35 PM
A lot of the guys that used to come are selling these days so they aren't interested in just for fun anymore I guess. Maybe next year.

I think you nailed it right there.

A good portion of the guys that use to go are now selling and selling well.

O.D. Mike
01-09-2016, 07:44 PM
I really hope this isn't true.....

I missed it last year. From the first plugfest I went to I learned a lot and would like to see it continue.

Bruce's shop sounds good!!!

Raven
01-10-2016, 05:03 AM
the authorities might mistake it for a revolution :call:

stripermaineiac
01-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Plugfest was always a great time. Lots of swapping and sharing by most. John and Bruce did a great job . I'm game for whatever the future brings. I may sell but it's fun swappin and sharing fish stories and ideas.You learn a lot and if your smart it keeps you humble as you see where we all started .

Rockfish9
01-11-2016, 12:39 PM
I've been so busy ice fishing the last few years.... I haven't been... I just build what little I need for the season. It's all I seem to have time for... I do miss it.. it is a great way to get the summer time fishing thoughts moving...

sks
01-11-2016, 03:11 PM
I know I don't post here much at all and most probably don't know who I am but I do like going to Plugfest, made it last year. I'm in the process of making about 80 this year and all topwater, it's what I like. If invited I will show up anyplace. I did get a few nice fish, to me, on my plugs last year. I will check back. Scott

ThrowingTimber
01-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Date Bruce?

I need some motivation. I been building lures but they're fahkin' huge guy!

Linesider82
01-12-2016, 09:50 PM
I couldn't make it last year, went the year prior. It helped me a lot to talk to everyone, put some names to faces, and good motivation to build quality work.

Raven
01-13-2016, 07:15 AM
I've been so busy ice fishing the last few years.... I haven't been... I just build what little I need for the season. It's all I seem to have time for... I do miss it.. it is a great way to get the summer time fishing thoughts moving...

have ice?

Canalman
01-14-2016, 11:37 PM
As long as it doesn't fall on Surf Day or RISAA I will come no matter where it is. It's killed me to only have been to one in the last 5 years. I sell a few, but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun and trying out new styles. I feel like I'm ALWAYS building new stuff or trying out a new design or tweak. If there's anything I can do to help bring it back, just say the word.

stripercrazy
01-23-2016, 02:54 PM
I hope we have one this year , allways great seeing everyone...I'm just starting to think building and looked for the date....fingers crossed

rayndogg
01-24-2016, 04:18 PM
missed last year due to work. was looking forward to this year.

Canalman
01-25-2016, 09:37 PM
I was hoping to come back and see this thread lit up... maybe Paul is right... :(

Slipknot
01-25-2016, 09:45 PM
depressing as the Pats loss Dave :(

very little interest , that is sad.

I should give John a call tomorrow

If I can find the time to have a gathering at my shop, can we get a group interested in that? have to hold it down to limit 20-25 I guess weather dependent also

Canalman
01-25-2016, 10:02 PM
I'll be there. As long it doesn't land on a weekend I have to be at a show for SJ

MMullen
01-25-2016, 10:25 PM
CT Surfcasters have a lot of new lure makers that might be willing to make the trip. I always enjoy seeing everyone and I always learn something new. I hope you have it. Hey, you guys might like our CSA Demo Day coming up this Saturday at the Clinton CT Town Hall.

Ryan560
01-25-2016, 11:54 PM
I was looking forward to it this year, couldn't make it last year had to work mandatory overtime..

ProfessorM
01-26-2016, 10:13 AM
CT Surfcasters have a lot of new lure makers that might be willing to make the trip. I always enjoy seeing everyone and I always learn something new. I hope you have it. Hey, you guys might like our CSA Demo Day coming up this Saturday at the Clinton CT Town Hall.

I am going to try mybest to get there. Need to get out of the house

N.ShoreFisher
01-26-2016, 05:11 PM
I missed last year as well due to work. I would have missed this year too as I just moved and all my tools are still stuck in limbo in storage. On the bright side, I'm getting a new shed/workshop this spring and hopefully with be able to turn by the end of the summer. Plus, I still get to see Ross as he's doing some renovations at my house.

EricW
01-27-2016, 09:19 PM
I'd still be interested in either kind of gathering. These are always a good time. I've only missed one (last year) but was hoping we'd have something this year.

JLH
01-27-2016, 09:56 PM
I would love to make it one if these years. Hope it keeps happening.

Slipknot
01-31-2016, 11:59 AM
John and I agree to skip a year this year, sorry.

I think we should plan it for next February the first Saturday if there is not a bunch of conflicts. Maybe if we have it then, we can avoid a bunch of other commitments people have.

stripermaineiac
02-01-2016, 07:34 AM
As hard as you guys work putting it on understandable. I'll be there when you do as long as I don't have a show to do. Thanks much for all you both do as it is. Ron

sks
02-02-2016, 07:59 AM
I understand also. I know I don't post on here much but always liked coming down to see some new stuff. I'm pretty much settled in what I do but you never know what kind of ideas I can get from other builders. If I had a 2017 calendar I would mark the date now. I will check in more often. Scott

Slipknot
02-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Scott, that is one of the great things about it, the diversity of what others do and inspires us to try new stuff. That and catching up with friends old and new. I will miss it.

Hot Rod
02-02-2016, 08:30 PM
I have gone every year and love it. Learned so much from all the guys. If it happens this year I hope you post it, I'll be there. I was hoping to show off some of my stuff this year.

Striperknight
02-16-2016, 11:12 AM
I'm interested. I miss my northern plug building friends. :wave:

johnny ducketts
03-11-2016, 08:01 AM
I wanna go to bruce's shop!.. I miss plugfest too, kids these past few years....

eskimo
03-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Maybe next year it will be bigger and better after everyone realizes how bad it sucks without it.

JohnR
03-12-2016, 11:00 AM
It was a lot of fun but it was a fair amount of work too. I just am flat out busy this year.

I would also be interested in a doing it cheaply with no commercial sales if people would be interested??? It was a lot of fun when it was not just selling, more grass roots. Would want to some help to run it and organize it. Bruce can't do everything ;)

chumbucket
03-24-2016, 01:28 PM

...Those were the days....:uhuh: