View Full Version : Out of Chatham this Saturday

StripinLine
07-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Out of Chatham this Saturday. Off the dock at 0530 am.

Equipment:

Boat , 20 ft Yamaha oversized jetski;}.

Elmer , 8ft ugly stick, 6500 shimano baitrunner.

Me , 9 ft Fenwick, Ambassador 7000 and 9ft Tica , EpiXor eb65 Thanks (MikeCC)

Small and medium deep (15 to 25 ft)diving plugs.

Plugs in the water by 0600. We fished the North of Chatham, till about 1200 or so.

I bagged first 32 in, skinny Striper, good fight fast into the boat, and in the box it went.

Then Elmer hit two just over 28 in, one right after the other, he kept them but that is another story.

We kept at this Getting hit loosing some, letting some go. Just before 1200 or so I got one 34 in, GREAT FIGHT got it in the boat , kissed it on the head and let it go till next year. Elmer boated a 36 in striper that had 5 to 7 bass following it right to the boat, so close I could have netted them (well I might have gotten one or two of them), and we snapped a pic and back it went.

Then we made a speed run(oh my god am I sore) over to Monomoy to a rip Elmer knows of. He hit right away but the beast got off as he got
it to the boat. BEAST, it looked like a great bass. And looked like the big fish of the day..

About all. We fished till after 300 pm and made a speed run(not as bad as the trip out;} ) back in.

All in all we boated 7 stripers kept 3. Lost 6 or 7 due to bad hook sets, or the water gods having fun, or whatever.. Good day I expect we will do again…

Thanks for taking the time to read this…

/ al

StripinLine
07-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Elmer's 36"er

kippy
07-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Looks like you guys had a great day. Elmer PM me if you have an open spot sometime. :D

Notaro
07-28-2003, 11:05 PM
elmer, u SOB!!! damn, that's a beauty bass u got there. we gotta hook up soon.

striperjerk1
07-28-2003, 11:22 PM
nice going guys. nice day and fish to boot. cant beat that.:D

StripperSearch
07-29-2003, 10:42 AM
you got that right striperjerk! GREAT day to be OTW, shootin the s***, reelin up some keepers. Not as many boats out there as in previous weeks - maybe because the fish were a little harder to find now that the winds picked up? But they're still out there...

At the risk of embarassing myself, I will admit that I did also catch a MONSTER flounder in fairly shallow water, on a plug - strange.... Whaddaya think Al, 6" tops?! :o

richs
07-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Looks like fun. Might want to replace that wire leader with mono or flouro- should help you get a few more fish. May want to beef up the hooks too.

StripinLine
07-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Well mabye 9in. long. And the last fish of the day, as well. I forgot that. Elmer got the biggest, most and the last...Nice day good company and stripers, you can not ask for better. Exept for the meathead that almost ran us over, and then stoped about 1oo feet away and started casting a tube...

/ al