View Full Version : Fisherman Magazine Plug Building Articles

tlapinski
01-19-2016, 12:53 PM
We are once again running the plug building series of articles by Dave Anderson (Canalman) in The Fisherman Magazine this winter, and I have been trying to drum up some pictures of plugs that guys have made off past articles. If you have some pics please post them up as I would like to do a spotlight online of subscribers' work. You can also email me at tlapinski@thefisherman.com.

So far this winter Dave has covered the Silent Sand Eel (originally designed by George Thackery, and February's plug is the Masterlure Straight Eel. I actually spun up some of these yesterday with JLH and look forward to throwing them this year. In past years Dave has covered the Norris Jet Squid, the junior Conrad, the jointed eel, a beefed-up Lefty, a flaptail, the "mini" jointed giant, the spin Atom, the eely and much more.

DZ
01-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Toby - why don't you go back and re-publish all the original plug building articles from Jack Frech?

tlapinski
01-19-2016, 03:21 PM
Toby - why don't you go back and re-publish all the original plug building articles from Jack Frech?

The idea has been thrown around a few times. There are no digital copies of them so we'd need to begin by rewriting them all, then re-do the graphics, etc...

eskimo
01-22-2016, 12:44 PM
I have a repro of a numbskull straight eel. really cool plug. If I remember I'll try to put up a photo of it.

Great White
01-22-2016, 02:59 PM
I have some of those Jack Frech articles if you're interested. See the attached.

rockdoc
02-05-2016, 05:58 PM
So far this winter Dave has covered the Silent Sand Eel (originally designed by George Thackery, and February's plug is the Masterlure Straight Eel.

Steve

Swimmer
02-08-2016, 04:14 PM
I have some of those Jack Frech articles if you're interested. See the attached.

Have most of them from prior research
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device