View Full Version : AS I AGE

Fly Rod
01-20-2016, 03:15 PM
AS I AGE, I REALISE THAT:
1. I talk to myself,------ because sometimes I need expert advice.

2. Sometimes I roll my eyes ---- out loud.

3. I don't need anger management. --------I need people to stop pissing me off.

4. My people skills are just fine.------- It's my tolerance of idiots that needs work.

5. The biggest lie I tell myself is --------"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

6. When I was a child I thought naptime was punishment.-------- Now it's like a mini vacation..

7. The day the world runs out of whisky --------is just too terrible to think about.

8. Even duct tape can't fix stupid,-------- but it can muffle the sound.

9. Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes;------- come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller.

10. At my age "Getting Lucky" means walking into a room ---------and remembering what I came in there for.

Guppy
01-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Excellent
I try not to think about all that stuff and just keep plugging along...:musc:

Jimbo
01-20-2016, 06:47 PM
That's great! But for #1, I don't talk to myself but I do find myself carrying on lengthy (albeit one sided) conversations with our dog on our daily walks.

Nebe
01-20-2016, 06:50 PM
the older i get the less i trust a phart

tysdad115
01-20-2016, 07:14 PM
The first thing a young guy does when he can't figure something out is call an old guy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jimbo
01-21-2016, 05:17 AM
Sage advice, tysdad, been around for years and yet too many kids these days are too damn stubborn to do so.
"Ask Dad, He Knows!" (or to be politically correct, you ask Mom, too).

Raven
01-21-2016, 07:55 AM
there are many helpers out there....

you only need to learn how to tune into them by listening more intensely (internally and externally)

some are from the animal kingdom others are humanoid and or from the future

knowledge and idea's can be sent as they have no substance :point: and received as well - our greatest inventors mastered this ability

We are way smarter than a computer with Larger memories but not so adept at
where we store our tidbit's of knowledge so as to retrieve them as quickly.... that is a learned skill to master

proof: http://www.kurzweilai.net/memory-capacity-of-brain-is-10-times-more-than-previously-thought[/URL]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the positive affirmations you must frequently say to oneself are:
I have an excellent Memory - my memory is fantastic-
i can remember anything! (pays to say these out loud btw)
i will remember it shortly- I "WILL" remember
~
because when you say: oh crap, i can't remember ! you just gave your brain an execution order
to completely forget it or at least deep 6 it as not important.... so quit doing that -LOL just a fyi

ProfessorM
01-21-2016, 10:13 AM
I wonder how many more productive years I have left before I can't do the things I love.

justplugit
01-21-2016, 10:48 AM
I wonder how many more productive years I have left before I can't do the things I love.

P. You will always be able to do the things you love, just at a slower pace.

I find I can still surf fish for about an hour before my back gives out, so I'm
more selective with weather, tide and time. While I rest my back in the truck I think back and laugh at how I used to drive myself crazy chasing blitzes down the beach.

One thing you might consider is a pair of waders with a sewed in fly though, and definitely like Nebe said. :hihi:

Dick Durand
01-21-2016, 03:43 PM
Not that I'm a kid (70), but I have a couple of old age heroes in their mid-eighties who are still out at 3 AM fishing for stripers from the rocks.

Swimmer
01-22-2016, 08:25 PM

Think about that every day

Guppy
01-23-2016, 07:07 AM

Think about that every day

Nah! Don't give it a thought..... :musc:

Rmarsh
01-23-2016, 10:56 AM
My wifes mom lives with us in our home......she turns 96 years old next week! Her mind is still as sharp as ever...doesn't miss a trick.
Reads the paper without glasses. (I'm jealous)

Still has a healthy appetite too, sits down for dinner with us every night, finishes her plate and then asks "what's for dessert".

Having her here with us has given me a new perspective on age and aging well.

afterhours
01-23-2016, 05:11 PM
all true.

Raven
01-23-2016, 06:17 PM
sometimes it PAYS to quiet the chattering monkeys
within your own mind....

music that makes you mentally travel helps

Swimmer
01-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Nah! Don't give it a thought..... :musc:

Not bothering me that much. I just enjoy life so much I give pause once in awhile and reflect on how lucky I have been. And when I do I think long and deep about a few things I wish I did differently. And the end result is I wished I listened to myself more, and fished more. Thats all.

Guppy
01-24-2016, 07:56 AM
Not bothering me that much. I just enjoy life so much I give pause once in awhile and reflect on how lucky I have been. And when I do I think long and deep about a few things I wish I did differently. And the end result is I wished I listened to myself more, and fished more. Thats all.

Roger that! Winter time doesn't help much either,,,, springs right around the corner... :-) dispite the foot of snow I'm about to go shovel! 😬😬😂😂❄️❄️

ProfessorM
01-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Since you feel so young at heart feel free to head over to Osterville and do my cottage please. Thank you

vineyardblues
01-24-2016, 04:22 PM
# 10

Guppy
01-24-2016, 09:29 PM
Since you feel so young at heart feel free to head over to Osterville and do my cottage please. Thank you

Ya right

piemma
01-25-2016, 07:39 AM

You will do what you want, if you want to.
I've had a quad bypass, cancer, bad knees, etc.
Now, at the age of 68 1/2, I am building stone walls, cutting and splitting 7 - 8 cords of wood a year. I fish as much as I want in the boat and the surf. I end up, according to my FitBit, walking 4 to 5 miles every day.
I feel great. No, that's not true. My knees hurt, my back hurts and I cannot go 16 hours a day anymore but I still get everything done that I want.
I think the real trick to aging gracefully is working smarter not harder. I figure I'll keep going until I am 90. Then PUFF!!

justplugit
01-25-2016, 10:34 AM
You will do what you want, if you want to.
I've had a quad bypass, cancer, bad knees, etc.
Now, at the age of 68 1/2, I am building stone walls, cutting and splitting 7 - 8 cords of wood a year. I fish as much as I want in the boat and the surf. I end up, according to my FitBit, walking 4 to 5 miles every day.
I feel great. No, that's not true. My knees hurt, my back hurts and I cannot go 16 hours a day anymore but I still get everything done that I want.
I think the real trick to aging gracefully is working smarter not harder. I figure I'll keep going until I am 90. Then PUFF!!

That's great Piemma ! With an attitude like that you'll make it 90 +. :)

Nebe
01-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Piemma is my hero. You'd think he blows an 8 ball every day to get all of that energy. I want to know what the secret is.

Guppy
01-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Piemma is my hero. You'd think he blows an 8 ball every day to get all of that energy. I want to know what the secret is.

My guess, Italian blood line :-)

piemma
01-26-2016, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys. God has been good to me.

Jimbo
01-26-2016, 06:12 PM
I like the parts, "You will do what you want, if you want to" and
"but I still get everything done that I want". I survived some of life's harsher trials and feel left not as able as I once was, I do the things I want to do and if I feel like I bit off a little to much, I just do it to a lesser degree, but I make sure I get it done and it makes me feel good.
The other day I was waiting and raring to get out and attack the "historic" snowfall, but I had to wait until the brunt of it passed. It was late in the day and I was getting sort of edgy with my three females in the house torturing me with Bachelor reruns. My wife said, "Why don't you think about coloring, it's supposed to be calming. I really like it." I said, "I'm not ready for coloring and I probably won't be for quite a few years yet, but when I am, I already have a coloring book I saved for the occasion". She looked at me with her "you're BS'ing me eyes (which I get now and again). I went down to one of my secret hiding places and brought back the attached, it's 61 years old. I'll probably color when it's one of my last options.

Guppy
01-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Wow Jim, that thing is sweet,,,, I was 8!!!!

spence
01-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys. God has been good to me.
So where do you keep the compromising photos of God?

piemma
01-29-2016, 07:50 AM
So where do you keep the compromising photos of God?

In my head Jeff :)