View Full Version : Looking for small outboard

Cool Beans
02-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Between now and spring I am looking to find a decent small outboard (5hp or less) for a 12' row boat. Last season we used an electric trolling motor, but would like to get something I don't have to charge up every night. I am not looking to spend a lot of money on this. Figured I would ask on here if anyone has a small used outboard sitting around their garage that they would like to sell.

Thanks

Guppy
02-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Geeees, been meaning to post the exact same request.. 😎
Cool, I'll keep u in mind while I'm looking, I let a couple go by this winter I should have jumped on.

Raider Ronnie
02-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Between now and spring I am looking to find a decent small outboard (5hp or less) for a 12' row boat. Last season we used an electric trolling motor, but would like to get something I don't have to charge up every night. I am not looking to spend a lot of money on this. Figured I would ask on here if anyone has a small used outboard sitting around their garage that they would like to sell.

Where you located ?

Thanks
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Cool Beans
02-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Where you located?

I live in West Kingston and work in Newport.

paradoxjim
02-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Check out the marine consignment in NK next to the post office. They always have a bunch of small outboards in there.

Raider Ronnie
02-04-2016, 07:26 AM
I live in West Kingston and work in Newport.

If you want to come up to Ma in Weymouth there's a guy at Berts Boat yard, Max's outboards.
He has lots and prices are cheap.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rmarsh
02-17-2016, 06:37 AM
Sears Gamefisher 3.0 air cooled. This has been stored in my garage attic for over twelve years...never used it.... appears to be in good condition.

Send me a pm if interested.
Bob

Guppy
03-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Beans, if you are still looking
I picked up a 5 & a 7 hp in a silent auction, not sure yet which one I'll keep, I'll get back to ya after checking them out.

Cool Beans
03-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Thanks, but I picked up a nice running, 2hp Johnson that seems to be perfect. Took it out in a local pond this weekend and it is exactly what I need.

Guppy
03-14-2016, 06:05 AM
Thanks, but I picked up a nice running, 2hp Johnson that seems to be perfect. Took it out in a local pond this weekend and it is exactly what I need.

Great
Happy sailing... :wave: