View Full Version : Skiing NH

Dick Durand
02-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Just returned from skiing a couple of days in NH, where we experienced surprisingly good conditions at Cannon Mt, which is busy making a ton of white stuff for the vacation week. On Thursday we skied at Bretton Woods, hitting some trails that I suspect were open for the first time this season. The ski patrol were on the hills opening trails thoughout the day as fresh snow added a little more cover, offering us an opportunity to hit some relatively deep powder (considering this is NE). Fortunately, we beat the cold snap.

trevier
02-12-2016, 01:19 PM
My mom works up at Loon mtn for the NEDS program. On vacation week she stays home, it's a total zoo up there she says. Now for NH vacation week it's a ghost town. You could go up an down all day long an never wait in line.

Rockport24
02-12-2016, 04:52 PM
good to hear, I was up at wildcat last weekend and I heard the conditions kinda sucked! I didn't ski, was on the bunny slope with my daughter!

jredfly
02-20-2016, 08:47 AM
Went Skiing at McIntyre small mountain in Manchester NH yesterday. Great place to learn or for novices and cheap $36 for adult, $30 for kids under 17 plus only an hour from Boston. It looks like they haven't had much natural snow in Southern NH but with decent snow making they had coverage. Nice newer lodge, no lines, good rental shop and tubing. I don't have any affiliation with this place I just think it is a good deal for a family on a budget and thought it would be nice to share info. Have fun! :wave:

Dick Durand
02-20-2016, 09:18 AM
Weather is still playing havoc with the skiing. Not a cheap sport for a young family. I'm a senior who takes advantage of mid-week lift ticket prices . . . $25 at Bretton Woods, for example.

Hookedagain
02-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Just got back from NH and skied Shawnee peak on Friday, conditions were awful. With the rain earlier in the week it just iced over and they are not making snow for the rest of the year. Skied Attitash Thursday and Saturday. Conditions were better Thursday, Friday night they got 4" of wet snow and after it was skied on it turned to packed ice. Wildcat today, not too bad but still not great.

Dick Durand
02-24-2016, 05:10 PM
Just received a post from Burke Mt. indicating that they will be closed on Thursday, but reopening on Friday. This is still February, isn't it?