View Full Version : Saltwater Fishing Expo (Sommerset) vs N. England Saltwater show (R.Island)

fish raptor
02-14-2016, 04:20 PM
last year I went to the Sommerset Saltwater Fishing Expo for the first time and had a great time and purchased quite a bit of gear. There was a lot to see and easily filled one day for sure. I see that there is a show coming up end of this month "New England Salterwater Fishing show" in Rhode Island stating "the largest" ?? I have never been to that show.

Has anyone gone to either or better yet both and advise how they rate. I would imagine that both area very similar but would like to hear some feedback before I make any plans.

Is anyone going to either ?

Slipknot
02-14-2016, 07:56 PM
I am sure many here will be going to the show in RI
I have been in the past and might go this year since I have not gone in many years. It is a large show, they also have non fishing booths but the seminars are great usually. I always run into people I know there. I bet it would be good for you to take in that show. I hope you are doing well.

MakoMike
02-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Been to the RI show almost every year since it started. Well worth a day. There are usually discount coupons available. I won't make it this year as I'll still be out west.

onsetangler
02-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Love the RI show because I always catch up with friends I haven't seen in a while, and the seminars tend to be great and something for everyone. Some good deals on plugs or anything you might need to stock up on. Never been to the Jersey show, I think it's a bit smaller but with less non fishing booths and I've heard nothing but good things on the seminar front from them too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fish raptor
02-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Been to the RI show almost every year since it started. Well worth a day. There are usually discount coupons available. I won't make it this year as I'll still be out west.

discount coupons available for what ? entry ? products ??
where might I look to get them ?

In The Surf
02-17-2016, 01:43 PM
discount coupons available for what ? entry ? products ??
where might I look to get them ?

Hope this is ok with you John.

http://www.nesaltwatershow.com/

JohnR
02-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Yep - we support our local shows