View Full Version : OUCH!!!!!

KLMulder
07-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Ok chalk up a dumb move for me. I have been saving all the used bait I produce and any that people leave behind to grind for chum. I have an old hand crank grinder and I thought I was so smart. I have ground allot of deer burger with it over the past 5yrs with no problems. Yesterday I had a problem, grinding fish is nothing like grinding deer and well lets just say I will not be able to cast for a few days. And to think I only did like 10 gal of it. I think ill be using my old bait for free fish and crab snacks from now on. I do have chum though but will be afraid to use it because of how hard it was to make it.:smash: :smash: :smash:

Van
07-30-2003, 03:27 PM
POWER-GRINDER.
Filled 10-1 gal bags with fish mush in a 1/2 hour.

redlite
07-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Back in the college days I used to make chum in my fraternity house kitchen with the blender. It was a challenge. Used to buy the $10 blenders at Walfart. They were only good for one use, mainly cause it was too much of a chore to clean. Used to first chunk the bait (macks and hering), taking out the heads, blender it, then put it into old clam buckets with a loop of rope sticking out of it. I would take them out on the beach, tie a longer rope to it, and hurl it out into the surf. That way if I moved down the beach, I could pull it in. As it melted it created one hell of a smelly chum slick.