View Full Version : Looking for kids bikes (and toys)

PaulS
03-23-2016, 07:28 AM
Hi,

Someone on my floor at work sent out the following email. I was wondering if anyone had a boys or a girls bike lying around that wasn't being used. They need toys also and clothes also. Not the right forum but....

They are located in the Hartford area. I can drive to RI to pick up things if anyone has anything.

Pls. feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Paul

1st message:

Hi guys,

My sister has two foster children (brother/sister) that were placed with her recently on an emergency basis. A 9 year girl and 8 year old boy. They will be with her for a while and came only with the clothes on their backs. She’s already exceeded her budget and is out of pocket getting them clothes and supplies.

With upcoming good weather we are looking for anyone willing to donate a bike since they are very close to a park and a school playground.

If you or anyone you know have functional children’s bikes pls let me know.

2nd message:

The 9 year old girl is large for her age. 61” and 134 lbs. Xtra large girls tops and Xtra large pants with elastic waist are best.

The 7 year old boy is small, 53” and 70lbs. Boys Size 8/10.

Anyone with appropriate bikes, let me know. And if you have any Spring or Summer clothes that may fit, we would welcome them. They need spring jackets/hoodies and any or all items of clothing possible.

Some of you have offered monetary donations. Thank you for offering but we think that may not be appropriate based on the foster parenting guidelines and oversight.

We can accept any donated gifts such as clothes and toys. They literally have nothing. They still need more underwear and pajamas and have only three changes of clothing each.

He likes leggos, anything “Nurf”, Starwars, minecraft. Any spring/summer outdoor toys, soccer ball, etc
She likes art, and likes to do crafts, she also likes Little Pet Shoppe items.

Any age appropriate DVDs and books would also be great.

Again, thank you for your generous responses. They most likely will be with us for up to 18 months so I may be appealing again with the next weather change.

Let me know if you have something and we can arrange a pickup.

Thank you all again!

JohnR
03-23-2016, 07:56 AM
I'll check with The Kid tonight, see what he can drum up.

redlite
03-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Know the feelin as we are 2 years into the same situation.
Are gift cards like to stores like old navy or toys r us appropraite/ acceptable?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS
03-23-2016, 08:13 AM
Know the feelin as we are 2 years into the same situation.
Are gift cards like to stores like old navy or toys r us appropraite/ acceptable?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Thank you but since you are in a similiar situation why don't you use them for your neice/nephews.

I will let me coworker know of your generous offer.

PaulS
03-23-2016, 09:41 AM
I just got a girls bike and have a lead on a boys bike!

Thanks

bobber
03-23-2016, 12:43 PM
lemme see what I can do.....

zimmy
03-24-2016, 07:51 AM
I can help with books, toys,boys clothes. Just sent a bike away, but we can definitely help with the other stuff. Just went through drawers with my 8yo this week. They have 100's of books and more toys than they can handle. Boys and I are off tomorrow so we can get everything together. We are spending the weekend in the Hartford area, so we could deliver too if that is helpful. Feel free to text me or call.

PaulS
03-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Thanks Owen. My coworker will discuss it with her sister and I'll get in touch with you.

We were able to get 2 bikes for the kids.

I wasn't going to accept your offer bc I didn't get invited to your Friday afternoon basketball games but since the toys aren't for me....... I have to hear about the games from Ralph (Ray).

Thanks again.

zimmy
03-24-2016, 09:01 AM
You are always invited and we are always looking for players PM me your email and I will have the commish put you on the distribution list. I haven't seen Lawrence of ARaybia in months. Tell him he should show once in awhile.