View Full Version : Close call....

nightfighter
03-31-2016, 03:57 PM
Had a large maple leader break off in today's wind at jobsite. Missed my son by inches..... He has a welt on his thigh from a thin new growth branch but is otherwise fine. I was fifty feet from him when I heard the crack and looked up to see it falling right at him. Ten inch diameter at the break, which was 20-25 feet up. I can't describe the horror/fear/helplessness I felt as it happened. Just ran over and gave him a hug....
Give your loved ones a hug. You never know.....

Guppy
03-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Wow,,, I can almost feel that! You'll be looking over your shoulder for days to make sure he's ok....

Worked with my sons for years,,, things can get scary alright... :fishslap:

PaulS
03-31-2016, 07:42 PM
Wow that was a close one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter
03-31-2016, 08:16 PM
Yes it was...... We were on the other side of the fence.

JohnR
03-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Woh

FishermanTim
03-31-2016, 09:49 PM
whoa!!!!

That just brought back a memory from years ago when my older brother had me, our youngest brother (Bob) and a friend help him clear some dead trees from his back yard.

While we were clearing the deadfalls he decided to cut down a 20-30ft dead tree without telling us.
We only knew he had cut it down when it fell on Bob, grazing his should enough to tear his rotator cuff and scrape his back and shoulder. We realized that the older brother literally came within inches of killing Bob if the free had hit his shoulder or head.

Needless to say we don't let the older brother cut trees when anyon is around. I fear that he'll be a feature video on you tube showing what happens when a tree hits your house or car.

Glad you son survived with just a bump or bruise, and you with a few more gray hairs!

Slipknot
04-01-2016, 08:23 AM
That was a little TOO close YIKES
glad he'll be ok

afterhours
04-01-2016, 11:28 AM
glad your boy's ok ross. heart must've skipped a few beats...

Rockport24
04-01-2016, 11:43 AM
holy chit! glad he's ok